glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Thank you for letting me know, I was gonna try this but I play to feel happy not sad, I hate melodramatic games, even more so if they ambush you towards the end.
No melodrama. It's just that this is not a harem-type game.
You can romance several different women at once during the main game, nobody stops you. But: after defeating the bad guys, at the start of the epilogue, you must choose who you're going to partner with.

The "consequences" being talked about are simply that the ladies who you romanced but did not choose are then shown in the epilogue to be sad and tearful.

It's possible to not leave anyone sad at the end and still have sex with almost everyone - Evelyn and Nell are the only two characters who you are required to romance in order to have sex with them, so you can pick one, skip the other, and keep things on a FWB level with everyone else. If you do that, there are no tears in the epilogue.

Reactions: parakep

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Belle Really... View attachment 3052459

It turns out truthsayer is a SCAMMER but you have no way to refute it... :(:unsure::cautious:
When the game talks about sex like this, it typically means vaginal/anal sex, but the definition is sketchy at best. I take it you only engaged in oral with Erato?

What happens behind the scenes is that each girl you have vaginal/anal sex with gets tagged in the game's variables. This dialogue tallies the number of girls who have been tagged.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TwinSideWings

TwinSideWings

Jan 28, 2018
When the game talks about sex like this, it typically means vaginal/anal sex, but the definition is sketchy at best. I take it you only engaged in oral with Erato?

What happens behind the scenes is that each girl you have vaginal/anal sex with gets tagged in the game's variables. This dialogue tallies the number of girls who have been tagged.
So, based on your response, you count each scene involving vaginal and anal. I'm quite sure I penetrated Erato's vagina :unsure: but I could be incorrect. I used a lot of saves and wheel mouse so that might affect it.

Thank you for answering by the way.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
The excitement is lost if you simply acquire it on the fly, but some may disagree.
I don’t have any issues with the infertility spell myself, but I think the point is that, in real life, a majority of people are fertile by “default” (being fertile isn’t a “power” anyone has to “unlock”), so I don’t see why, from a gameplay standpoint, it would be a problem if Dickon weren’t under a sterilization spell in the beginning, or why it should be more “exciting” to have that faculty “locked away” until the player can progress enough to unlock it. For comparison’s sake, would the game be better if the player had to first unlock the ability to speak or walk before being able to talk to people or move from place to place?

• Red Heart
Reactions: lazerus13901

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Um why do you get forced sterilized if this game features breeding/pregnancy content??
You learn how to remove the spell partway through the game.

If you want to remove it ASAP: when you go to visit the Fairy Queen, along the way, you encounter a blonde woman who comes on to you VERY strongly. Once you learn where she lives, go visit her. The day after you have sex with her, you'll have the ability to dispel the infertility spell.

• Red Heart
Reactions: lazerus13901

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
I don’t have any issues with the infertility spell myself, but I think the point is that, in real life, a majority of people are fertile by “default” (being fertile isn’t a “power” anyone has to “unlock”), so I don’t see why, from a gameplay standpoint, it would be a problem if Dickon weren’t under a sterilization spell in the beginning, or why it should be more “exciting” to have that faculty “locked away” until the player can progress enough to unlock it. For comparison’s sake, would the game be better if the player had to first unlock the ability to speak or walk before being able to talk to people or move from place to place?
Some people don't want fertility content in their smutty games. Most games with fertility content have a toggle or a choice to turn it on or off.
Having the MC be made infertile makes sense from a storytelling standpoint, and it makes the question of whether or not you have fertility content in the game be a natural in-game-world choice, rather than a toggle in options or an intrusive, 3rd wall breaking popup.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Some people don't want fertility content in their smutty games. Most games with fertility content have a toggle or a choice to turn it on or off.
Having the MC be made infertile makes sense from a storytelling standpoint, and it makes the question of whether or not you have fertility content in the game be a natural in-game-world choice, rather than a toggle in options or an intrusive, 3rd wall breaking popup.
Yes, I understand that. This is why I prefaced my comment by saying I had no issue with it. However, I don’t think that incorporating the pregnancy toggle into the story/gameplay like this makes it “more exciting”, like unlocking a powerup, as the person I was replying to was implying.

TwinSideWings

Jan 28, 2018
:unsure: Yeah...now that I think about it, you make a valid argument.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
It's not really that valid an argument when you consider the purpose of the MC's temporary infertility. I didn't add that to the game because I thought it would be fun and then added story to justify it. It was the other way around.

When I wrote the opening dialogue with the Crone, as with when I write any other character, I put myself in her shoes and tried to imagine what she would reasonably do under those circumstances. It made far too much sense that, seeing as she just tasked this random stranger with seducing the Princess, she would make some attempt to keep that same stranger from causing a scandal by impregnating her. How this would work from a gameplay perspective and what options it would open up was a secondary concern.

Also, if you want to remove the spell right away, play NG+. That's one of the perks of that mode.

lazerus13901

Jun 8, 2023
So now that I finished the game it makes a lot more sense to me , considering the Crone's true identity. It is exactly what she would do with some rando peasant. Probably going to do a NG+ because I ran out of time to get the three-way with Callie and Evelyn and I definitely want to see that scene

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes