glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Hi. I don't know if this is an error or if I messed up somewhere along the way. I don't think I did, but I've run into a problem. I do have v1.01 of the game and v1.0.1 of the guide. On Day 24 Morning, your guide says to go through the records. I can do that. I check the
parents -> Reynold -> Death Year -> Back and then the guide says to pick Evelyn. Evelyn doesn't show up as an option for me, so I thought maybe it was a mistake and I was supposed to check Tom's birth date because there's an obvious contradiction there. Fast forward to Day 27 morning and I'm supposed to confront Aldred with what I found. I can do the dark secret and the first option of "According to the town hall..." but after that, nothing is quite as the guide lays out. I ended up telling him of the 4 year discrepancy and it seemed like that was the right option. But then in the afternoon when I confront Evelyn, it doesn't go right at all. It says I can't do her dark secret because I haven't learned it. I assume that Aldred was supposed to confess something to me, but since the guide didn't line up, I didn't get it. I reloaded my save from the morning of Day 24 and tried again, just to be sure and it went the same way again.

So now I'm wondering where the error is? The guide, or me? Did something happen earlier that I missed or where the guide was wrong? It would take a long time to start over and get back to this point so I'm hoping you might know. I just want to re-emphasize that I'm positive I followed all steps exactly as written up until this point.

Thanks!
The town hall records quest is different depending on which version of the game you are playing. The walkthrough you are using is written for the version of the game where Evelyn is the protagonist's sister.

In the version of the game where Evelyn is not related to the protagonist, then the quest is not about her and her parents, but about her fiancee and his parents. Everything else about the quest is the same (search the same records, talk to Aldred for more info, etc), it's just no longer about the same people.

With Aldred, you ask him about the clue you've found, he refuses to talk to you about it. You do the reveal secret/remove inhibition thing, and finally you have to talk to him again about the clue to get confirmation and added details.

There's only ever one clue for this quest, with the image of the town hall records as its icon. But, it gets modified by talking to Aldred after revealing his secret. Without the details Aldred adds, it's insufficient for revealing Evelyn's secret.

Last edited:
Reactions: abc123xyz

Platano

Nov 11, 2019
Whats the song that plays when you are using the invade mind spell? I played every song in the music player and couldnt find it.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Whats the song that plays when you are using the invade mind spell? I played every song in the music player and couldnt find it.
It's the appropriately named "Searching for Truth." That track was split into three for this game, which is the reason for your struggle to find it. The first part was used for Evelyn's theme, while the Invade Mind theme only starts partway into the track.

TheJackdaw

Aug 4, 2021
Hello there, could someone tell me that what is the harem ending exactly? Is it the ending that the MC married with two Princesses or with all girls that are in romantic relationship with the MC?

pragmata

Feb 6, 2024
When Nell was forced to leave and cry, I also cried in front of the computer. It was too unfair to her. She may have to stay in the forest for most of her life and cannot leave. There are no peers to communicate with except for me, and she can no longer climb with me between various houses...

Reactions: Belle

TheJackdaw

Aug 4, 2021
The harem ending was a bad one,the MC absorbs the power of the devil and becomes the king, no one can resist him, and the girls become emotionless puppets of the MC.
Thanks for the answer, mate, guess I would stick to the Evelyn and Callie threesome ending now, too bad there's no good harem ending. And still, it is a good game in all ways.

Reactions: pragmata

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
LMAO
1708275930911.png

I'd say however clues are literally not enough for this section and it actually make a lot more sense this supposition then she being lesbian..
Mirror effect if you want (no idea how is actually called), there's a condition that is based over narcissism but not only, making something that you would like to be done to you using imagination and touch sense, is literally a kind of masturbation to overcome loniless or trying to experience some kinks without actually do (es self harm), this is much more common then you think..

Anyway like i was saying before i really don't think there's enough proof to be saying this, and unless i don't get her masturbating around a corner (that might be also exhibitionism xD ) there's no valid reason to break her mind.

Mar 11, 2019
Okay i'm stuck on Nells dark secret and all the info i can find is the first clue and third are the same...well that's awesome but how about the second clue??

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Okay i'm stuck on Nells dark secret and all the info i can find is the first clue and third are the same...well that's awesome but how about the second clue??
1st clue: learn it from Samarra. Specifically: how Samarra came to adopt Nell
2nd clue: solve the Fairy Queen's vision riddle and learn a clue from her. Specifically: that she has not had any children

The clues seemingly contradict each other. In the multiple choice part of the secret reveal, just remember that both clues are true

• Love
Reactions: Gilgamesh_Dinger

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
I'd say however clues are literally not enough for this section and it actually make a lot more sense this supposition then she being lesbian..
Mirror effect if you want (no idea how is actually called), there's a condition that is based over narcissism but not only, making something that you would like to be done to you using imagination and touch sense, is literally a kind of masturbation to overcome loniless or trying to experience some kinks without actually do (es self harm), this is much more common then you think..

Anyway like i was saying before i really don't think there's enough proof to be saying this, and unless i don't get her masturbating around a corner (that might be also exhibitionism xD ) there's no valid reason to break her mind.
You're forgetting that there's a second clue, where she's trying to turn down a male suitor. The phrasing of the letter she tries to write to him makes it pretty clear how you're supposed to interpret the scene where she's fondling the mannequin.

"the clues are not enough" can be said of a number of other secrets in the game where you have to select from multiple choices. At some point you just have to make an informed guess. The page up key on your keyboard lets you back up and try a different response. The game would be a lot more boring if every secret was clearly obvious and you didn't have to make guesses and get things wrong sometimes.

Reactions: Solomon Grundy

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Indeed, a select few of the secrets in this game deliberately give you just too little information to be entirely certain about the correct answer yet give you clues enough to drive you towards the correct answer, even if you don't feel entirely confident about it. Most of the secrets are not designed this way, and it's mostly the smaller ones where it happens while you're still trying to figure out the person you're interrogating.

It is by design. The game gives you the opportunity to retry (more often as your powers grow) up to a few times per game day, so don't be afraid to mess up. The women will forget your conversation anyway.

Then again, writing interrogative sequences like the ones in this game is extremely difficult. The writers for the Ace Attorney games are masters at their craft, which becomes particularly obvious when you see examples of otherwise competent studios that try and fail at doing the same thing. Take miHoYo (of Genshin Impact and Honkai Star Rail fame) for example. They've made multiple quests in these games that try to copy the Ace Attorney style, but they clearly don't understand how to write such sequences, leading to near-random guesswork and unsatisfying, unearned conclusions.

I'm happy about how LLtP's interrogations turned out. Are they perfect? No, but I definitely feel like they accomplished what I set out to do with them.

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
You're forgetting that there's a second clue, where she's trying to turn down a male suitor. The phrasing of the letter she tries to write to him makes it pretty clear how you're supposed to interpret the scene where she's fondling the mannequin.

"the clues are not enough" can be said of a number of other secrets in the game where you have to select from multiple choices. At some point you just have to make an informed guess. The page up key on your keyboard lets you back up and try a different response. The game would be a lot more boring if every secret was clearly obvious and you didn't have to make guesses and get things wrong sometimes.
Actually to be fair i believed till the end that the game wanted to have the clichè with the childhood friends that are in love with each other but don't have the courage to confess, nothing really was saying me otherwise..

Ye.. The guessing part is not really the best for the same reason, i mean clue games and series are fun exactly cause there's a logic behind and you can guess along the mc the cause with evidences that can make the claim (we are not exactly talking about last sherlock holmes with a sprouts of hints thanks to the case is solved in mere istants), there are some guessing that actually have their login plus the mc will states it nonetheless (like the missing novels one) but that specific one eh..

Idk, sometimes the game tend to wink a lot these last years pop colture, perhaps too much..

Last edited:

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Straight talk, I thought the puzzles and such in this game were pretty darn well balanced. The only one I really struggled with was the Fairy Queen one, but that was way back in the first iteration of it, and only because I, if I remember right, switched an indefinite article with a definite article. That is, the puzzle wanted "the" and I said "a" or the other way around, can't remember and it doesn't matter, point is that's been resolved with the Belle help mechanic and some things being generally clearer.

If people are actually paying attention to what's being said, and draw reasonable conclusions from them, I don't think any of the puzzles are overly difficult, and none of them require a wild ass guess, at most they need an educated guess, which is fine with me as a design choice.

aleyugioh

Jun 22, 2020
Good night mates, how i unlock the scene when Callie invited me to Her bedroom with Evelin in the night.

And how I unlock the penultimate scene from Primrose...

Thanks.

Last edited:

aischylochos

Oct 3, 2022
Thanks for the hints. I finally solved this by repeatedly going to the tent and back again. At some point, the option "maker her more willing" appeared. Took several repetitions ...
By now I've finished the game and I must say, it's one of the best I've played so far. Great story writing, demanding puzzles ... I was really fun to play - even So I hated having to decide between the girls in the end. I'm not the guy that likes to hurt women (especially cute Nell ...).

Reactions: glassware and Belle

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Good night mates, how i unlock the scene when Callie invited me to Her bedroom with Evelin in the night.

And how I unlock the penultimate scene from Primrose...

Thanks.
Callie: If you've been having threesomes with her and she doesn't invite you to make it a permanent thing with the option to visit her house as a night option, you need to either have more threesomes (I think three are required? maybe 4), or you need to upgrade her opinion of you.

Upgrade her opinion by asking for more fashion shows/working for her more. Work: I'm not sure if doing a day long double shift for her is required, but it definitely helps. Fashion shows: make sure you've seen every possible outfit at least once (the first outfit, the hunting outfit, the underwear, and the leather outfit), and ask for nude shows until the content there starts to repeat (4-5 times, I think). One last thing that could be holding her back from making the night time invite: after the first threesome, she wants to talk to you about it. If, after the first threesome, you never visited her shop to let her talk to you, that could be the thing that's holding her back from making the nighttime invite.

Primrose: in the gallery, the bottom row of her scenes are 1, if you got an offer of romance from Primrose and accepted (missionary position), and 2, if you got an offer of FWB from her and accepted (doggie style). The top row of scenes are: boob job, cunnilingus, and fellatio.

Reactions: aleyugioh

aleyugioh

Jun 22, 2020
Callie: If you've been having threesomes with her and she doesn't invite you to make it a permanent thing with the option to visit her house as a night option, you need to either have more threesomes (I think three are required? maybe 4), or you need to upgrade her opinion of you.

Upgrade her opinion by asking for more fashion shows/working for her more. Work: I'm not sure if doing a day long double shift for her is required, but it definitely helps. Fashion shows: make sure you've seen every possible outfit at least once (the first outfit, the hunting outfit, the underwear, and the leather outfit), and ask for nude shows until the content there starts to repeat (4-5 times, I think). One last thing that could be holding her back from making the night time invite: after the first threesome, she wants to talk to you about it. If, after the first threesome, you never visited her shop to let her talk to you, that could be the thing that's holding her back from making the nighttime invite.

Primrose: in the gallery, the bottom row of her scenes are 1, if you got an offer of romance from Primrose and accepted (missionary position), and 2, if you got an offer of FWB from her and accepted (doggie style). The top row of scenes are: boob job, cunnilingus, and fellatio.
Thanks for the info mate.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes