glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Someone help me , some books missin in the game, Same if i find in Primrose house.
1, you only get the books if you're playing a regular game - in NG+ and (i think) using the cheat mod, they don't show up because they are only needed for raising your stats.
2, to get the books in a normal game: reveal Primrose's small secret. Then, after ending the spell, talk to her about the secret. Talking to her makes her home appear on the map and gives you the info on what nights her father is too drunk to guard the house. Go to her house on one of the safe nights (when her father's portrait does not show on the map location) to retrieve the books.

JJJ4544

Nov 26, 2017
1, you only get the books if you're playing a regular game - in NG+ and (i think) using the cheat mod, they don't show up because they are only needed for raising your stats.
2, to get the books in a normal game: reveal Primrose's small secret. Then, after ending the spell, talk to her about the secret. Talking to her makes her home appear on the map and gives you the info on what nights her father is too drunk to guard the house. Go to her house on one of the safe nights (when her father's portrait does not show on the map location) to retrieve the books.

Thanks

reidanota

Nov 1, 2021
Hence my guide, which helps you get unstuck without telling you what to do every step of the way.
The other walkthrough mentions this: "Town hall → Talk to Thaddeus → Stay the fuck away … (If you want to see the NTR, you have to let them continue) (However you can’t get NTR and the good ending) → I can’t accept … * "

Which makes me believe that in this game, choosing to see the NTR is tied to an inevitable bad ending.

But this guide mentions: "you can interrupt Thaddeus and Evelyn and stop Thaddeus's sex pest activity if you like. (not required, but Evelyn is more difficult to romance if you don't do this)".

This is an entirely different story altogether. Bottom line: does the NTR between Thadd and Evelyn allow for a path to a good ending? Or does a achieving a relationship with Evelyn after that still not give you everything you need?

Trying to figure out if winning this game requires sticking to a vanilla path.

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
The other walkthrough mentions this: "Town hall → Talk to Thaddeus → Stay the fuck away … (If you want to see the NTR, you have to let them continue) (However you can’t get NTR and the good ending) → I can’t accept … * "

Which makes me believe that in this game, choosing to see the NTR is tied to an inevitable bad ending.

But this guide mentions: "you can interrupt Thaddeus and Evelyn and stop Thaddeus's sex pest activity if you like. (not required, but Evelyn is more difficult to romance if you don't do this)".

This is an entirely different story altogether. Bottom line: does the NTR between Thadd and Evelyn allow for a path to a good ending? Or does a achieving a relationship with Evelyn after that still not give you everything you need?

Trying to figure out if winning this game requires sticking to a vanilla path.
The walkthrough is wrong.

The only thing not stopping Thaddeus does is make it *lots* more difficult to romance Evelyn. However, you don't have to romance her to win the game.

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Posting this separately since it is not actually responding to reidanota's question:

The game has an achievement (called "true love," maybe?) for romancing just one woman (or one threesome) and choosing her in the epilogue. It is possible to win the game without romancing anyone at all. You do have to max out your charisma, though. You earn charisma points by following the relationship paths of the five women in town.

For Nell and Primrose, the relationship path ends with a choice to have sex with them or just stay friends - either way, you get the point. For Callie, you have sex with her, then if she likes you enough, she invites you to upgrade the relationship and become her lover, and you either accept or decline (and get the point either way). With Evelyn, you get the point when you remove the inhibition that causes her to leave town if you tell her your feelings, but you don't have to ever tell her how you feel. With Samarra, I think you have to choose to have sex with her after defeating her in a duel to get the point.

If you read the adventure novel that awards a charisma point, then you can skip one of the five relationship paths and still max out your charisma. If you wanted, for some reason, to win the game while having as little sex as possible, you can skip Callie, say no to romance with everyone else in town, and win the game having had sex only with several fey, certain royalty, and Samarra.

Reactions: Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
glaurung thanks for doing a hero's work and continuing to point out that there are multiple good ways to play this game, and trying to follow a step by step walkthrough in a game like this is silly. I commend you!

For me, the ultimate play through, as I've said before, is to leave no broken hearts. There's still plenty of sexy times to be had, but just no sex with Nell or Evelyn, and a strictly Friends w/Benefits relationship with Primrose and Callie. You can get the best ending, loads of sex, and everyone is happy in the end.

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
glaurung thanks for doing a hero's work and continuing to point out that there are multiple good ways to play this game, and trying to follow a step by step walkthrough in a game like this is silly. I commend you!

For me, the ultimate play through, as I've said before, is to leave no broken hearts. There's still plenty of sexy times to be had, but just no sex with Nell or Evelyn, and a strictly Friends w/Benefits relationship with Primrose and Callie. You can get the best ending, loads of sex, and everyone is happy in the end.
No broken hearts while having sex with as many people as possible: choose Evelyn or Nell for romance, skip the other completely. Go FWB route with everyone else.

Merlin-Magic

Jan 28, 2024
I had this game for nearly a year. I never got around to paying it until I read a review that said "This is the best game on F95". I am not qualified to make that kind of statement but I can agree that there is only one other game I have played that impressed (or confounded) me this much (and that game is not complete).
Yes, the Walkthrough has many errors . Each of these problems can be solved with a lot of concentration .
I have no doubt that this is one of the best games ever made but it is a challenge.

Reactions: Kirimaru

Classic Krieger

Aug 1, 2017
Hey guys, last time I checked this game it was on a "finishish" status and it had a bunch of what I consider to be pretty dissapointing closeup scenes to show for it. It was like a year ago. Any new updates? So can someone tell me when was the last time we got the changelogs and how often they get updated?

Solorz

Apr 14, 2018
Hey guys, last time I checked this game it was on a "finishish" status and it had a bunch of what I consider to be pretty dissapointing closeup scenes to show for it. It was like a year ago. Any new updates? So can someone tell me when was the last time we got the changelogs and how often they get updated?
0 since

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
The current version 1.01 of the game was released in March of 2023. It was identical to 1.0 except for bug fixes. The game is finished and will no longer be updated, the developer is working on a new game.

Because post 2020, "about a year ago" has become a very fuzzy concept for me, here's some info from further back in time:

1.0 was released in November of 2022, and had numerous scenes re-rendered in higher quality.
Version 0.42 (august '22) added new content (mostly to new game +) but also reworked a older scene in higher quality. Ditto 0.40 (April '22).

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
There will be newer versions of LLtP, actually, but they won't contain anything other than new fan-made translations. If everything goes as planned, there will be an Arabic translation included in the next version.

Apart from potential new translations, the game is content complete. I have no plans to return to it. Supermodel: Defenders of Desire is what it's all about for me now.

Reactions: Fauno36

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Hsy guys just finished two playthroughs, the first was a terrible ending, the second I saved the world but the demon kills me so its meh, I can't be bothered to play it a third time so can someone answer these questions as I'm curious,
1- who killed merek?
2- who casted the demon on selene?
3- how does the mc beat the demon in thd good ending?
From your first two questions I think you must not have gone with Evelyn to arrest Thaddeus, which is required for a good ending (or else you drove Evelyn from town by trying to woo her prematurely, and thus never had the chance to go with her).
Thaddeus is the human villain, as you learn from going to his apartment on day 1 of the endgame, and then learn more details when he shows up after you have sex with the princess and unleash hell.
To be able to go to his apartment for the arrest on day 1 of the endgame, Evelyn must still be around, you must know she is a member of the order of thrones (her large secret) and she must know you know (ie, talk to her about the order after revealing the secret).

The whole point of the "arrest thaddeus" sequence is that you get the demonology book in your inventory, which is required to survive the demon confrontation. Two other things are required to survive the confrontation (besides maxed out stats, etc, which you pretty much must have had in order to seduce the princess):

- The (former) Crone must care about you enough to stick around to help vs the demon (requires revealing her secret before the endgame, then seducing her on day 1 of endgame, which in turn requires maxed charisma and courage)
- The fairy queen must be free of her royal duties so she can help you vs the demon (requires solving her vision riddle and fulfilling the quest to bring Nell to her)

The only other tricky bit is choosing the correct answers during the confrontation with the demon. There's only one set of answers that leads to survival, everything else, you die.

As to the story of the good ending:
Having everyone there to help you survive the ordeal, you look inside the demonology book and discover its contents. You reveal to the demon that in addition to demon summoning and demon banishment, it contains a spell for absorbing the demon's power, and suggest that Thaddeus's plan all along was to do that. The demon proceeds to kill Thaddeus, and you get to choose evil (absorb the demon) or good (banish it). Evil leads to a bad end. If you banish it, you get the conclusion of the game, with everyone's storylines resolved. The princess and her sibling invite you to marry them and become king. The final choice in the game is to become king or decide to marry someone else (from the list of ladies you've romanced). If you choose to become king, you get an extended sex scene with the two princesses. Whether or not you choose kingship, you're then shown an epilogue, revealing what happens to all the characters.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 384 Votes