georgetakei

May 8, 2017
Why can't I raise my perversity over 1? I recall playing earlier version where you could do that in library, but now there's just one charisma book.. What am I missing?

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
You need to return the books to the library first then you can read them.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The Fey Court and Belle did not disappoint.
The vision of "..seed f carnal lust between Fairy Queen and Man", could have been interpreted literally in that between could have led to using a second fairy (Pixie magically made human size) having sex with both the Fairy Queen and MC but being in between them. A certain green haired pixie going down on the Fairy Queen while MC did her from behind.
Or just a interpretation to involve Belle in a hot threesome with MC and the Fairy Queen.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Watch the tv series bottom if you dont think you can pull off having few charachters,the entire show featured 2 charchaters for around 95% of its entire premise
I don't think we have to argue about it here but it's indeed not about main characters but side kicks and minor characters which in the end add flavour to a story (as said before). If I look at the character list of that exact show you mention it shows at least 15 minor or one-off characters and several other ones. Last but not least we are talking about a Sex game which - unlike a comedy show - of course wants to cover the tastes of as many people as possible in at least some way.

Butcer

Aug 16, 2016
I don't think we have to argue about it here but it's indeed not about main characters but side kicks and minor characters which in the end add flavour to a story (as said before). If I look at the character list of that exact show you mention it shows at least 15 minor or one-off characters and several other ones. Last but not least we are talking about a Sex game which - unlike a comedy show - of course wants to cover the tastes of as many people as possible in at least some way.
Entire episodes have only the two main characters in them and most of those minor charchaters literaly appear in one episode (richie birthday), and in a episode they usally dont have more then a minute of a screentime and you can cover a alot more kink if you dont waste your time building fluff for dozens characters instead of focusing on fewer

Reactions: Darkaura

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Entire episodes have only the two main characters in them and most of those minor charchaters literaly appear in one episode (richie birthday), and in a episode they usally dont have more then a minute of a screentime and you can cover a alot more kink if you dont waste your time building fluff for dozens characters instead of focusing on fewer
That's indeed up the definition. I won't watch that series now since it reall doesn't appeal to me but comparing a slapstick comedy about two middle aged man as main characters to a "fanatsy harem sex game" which literally has convincing as many girls as possible to have sex with as a main goal is just not really possible. The latter one will by definition need more characters, especially if the author wants to serve different fetishes and types (which I think is a legitimate goal). Else it'll of course enable a more complex world and ultimately better riddles/secrets, more depth, plot twists, etc.

Besides, side stories where a funding goal on patreon and thus side stories are what the patreon's will get. One may disagree with that for personal reasons but that really doesn't mean anything in terms of objective quality.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
The fey storylines aren't "side stories." Some of you are very quick to jump to conclusions based on a lack of evidence, despite me explaining how this would work earlier in the thread before the Fey Court goal was even reached. What you see me developing today is my original vision for the game. I'm not adding to it to extend the campaign. Anyone who thinks that's the level of ethics and integrity I operate at can fuck right off.

I'm building an ambitious game with a grand scope. I do this alone, and I have dedicated almost all of my spare time on doing this since last August. I have earned very, very little money on this due to the expenses involved. Not every update is going to be about your favorite thing when I'm building all of this, and I'm not going to be able to churn out dozens of scenes every month. I'm developing the exact game I had in mind when I started, and I'm doing it in the way and order that I find to be most practical.

How the hell can someone, with a straight face, claim to know what is a side story and not in the game at this point? Who here has seen my design document? Sometimes one should take a step back and realize that, hey, maybe the first impression of someone's work doesn't represent the entire scope of it, and perhaps that first impression might even be, oh I don't know... wrong?

This post is not meant as a reply to any specific person, but as a way to lay this particular topic dead. Don't try to second-guess me. I know what I'm doing. This is far from the first story I've told in game form. Have a little faith and a dab of patience. If that's hard, take a break from the game and come back in a few months. I'll still be here.

ldzackal

Dec 12, 2017
I hope the next update would increase the other levels of abilities, especially perversity. Lol. I'm pretty hyped about that scene with Nell.

And btw, will you also include a content in the game about the princess herself when she arrives in town? Wanna know if she could be banged or nah. XD

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
man that Fairy Queen is my new favourite girl She's smokin hot (in my opinion)...
I would love to have a threesome with her and Belle...:heartcoveredeyes:

Reactions: Belle

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
@Belle Which other games did you write?

And that is where you and I disagree. The original pacing of this game, and what made me a fan of it, over all others, had us cranking through skills and clues at such a prodigious rate that it looked to me like belle was going to be able to complete the main story line in 6 to 9 months. A sign of a competent coder with a good plan. To me, the game has now drifted into the realm of every other visual novel game on F95, never. Until the dev gets bored and makes a rushed conclusion and starts a new project AT BEST.

I kind of agree with you there, but thinking about it the new content isn't that far away from the main plot. The Erato bit mostly focusses on reaching the Fey Court, which (I think) is pretty important. Everything else took time because he implemented a new system, with locations and a skill.

Also Belle did say that he was going back to focus on the main girls now.

Reactions: Darkaura
4.60 star(s) 376 Votes