j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I'd argue that you can. Plenty of one man stage plays...
Yes, but those usually end after 120 to at best 180 minutes which I don't think is the amount of content we want for the game.

But, perhaps I missed something. What plot driving story element did you find at the fairy queens location? Did it result in a "clue?" You don't think that Belle is just delaying the main plot with some fun eye-candy romps, as it looks like the main story gets REALLY dark?
Well, I don't know but that's what we'll have to see? What counts isn't the individual update but the final result and if there are a few updates in between which provide less content, that's how it is. The alternative would be to skip the monthly schedule and to make the update biger which I think isn't a good idea either. Side stories and "eye-candy" is what adds spice and I don't really mind spending some time on them.

Originally the game was targeted for 30 days of gameplay. I have doubts you can get through all the existing content now, on a 1st play through.
Given the obvious NG+ feature I'm actually sure that you'll need at least 2 (or even 3) runs to get everything in the end. That's how quite a few games operate and it's not necessarily bad, as long as it's well done.

Edit: If you don't like the overall direction of the story in general it's of course a different matter but that's in Belle's hands and not really up to us.

Reactions: zazzaro
Jun 4, 2017
Soooo... this is not a criticism, and perhaps I'm wrong on some of the details, but isn't the story with the princess a bit obvious already? I mean, the origins of the MC are far more mysterious.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Your "clue #3" is wrong. Per Thaddeus: "It was three days later when Selena's own personal guard finally found Lilith's body."

That said, "The Crone is really Selena and 'Princess Selena' is really Lilith" is a theory which a number of folks have advanced in this thread. I don't think it could have played out as you postulate, however, since your scenario would have the Crone falling into the moat rather than someone who looked like Lilith.

Crim

Aug 20, 2017
How do I access the console to input
some cheats i discovery:
for mony:
money_copper= x
money_silver
money_gold

for abilitys
ability_agility= x
same for all abilitys, just change what ability u need.

How do I access the console to be able to enter these cheats? Usual methods either arent apparent to me or aren't working.
I really don't want to play through a game just to unlock conversation options in NG+

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Guys Im in day 39 and the princess didnt come yet ? Is it in this version yet or not ?
The Princess won't arrive until the endgame, and we're not nearly there yet. You've got an unlimited number of days for now.

Reactions: Yennefer

Yennefer

Feb 7, 2018
NG+ is going to be such an undertaking that it's going to need *at least* one update dedicated to it alone, maybe even more. I have such grand plans.
That's great ! Man I wish I weren't broke so I could support people like u lol can't wait for the new updates

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Anyway, when did I discover the river? When hunting?
It's something you unlock by increasing your Pathfinding skill. More locations will be tied to this in the future. It's just a basic way for me to gate off some content so that you don't get overwhelmed with choices right away.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Yeah that's fine and all. I just don't patron NTR. If a dev is going to spend time and resources on it, I am out, from a funding perspective. I'll still play it, to see if it is just a one-off, and consider re-patroning if it gets good, but alas, I don't see it.

My observation was that since that was added, the game has taken on a totally different direction from a magic-y, corruption, mystery solving, game to fuck the new out-of-nowhere fey of the day. And almost NO progress with the existing story-line, or characters.

I don't bear a grudge in this instance. The game has gotten pretty bad. Whereas previously I could see where Belle was going with it and it was tons of fun, with tons of plot advancing content, now, I have no idea. I guess there is some princess, in some far distant future, after Belle gets bored of the fey of the month club.

I gave it a fair go, saw there were no new skills, unlocking no new scenes relevant to the existing characters, ripped the images and confirmed. Disappointing for me, relative to how amazingly the game started off.

They used to be pretty well clued, well written, and kinda fun. The last one with the 4 clues and the ex-sister was a bit more challenging, and I can KIND of see some folks getting frustrated.
Now that's better. That is exactly the kind of response we like to see! It shows that you've played it and you are now stating (in a clearer way) what made you feel the way you did.
Because of the above response, I can't tease you about NTR anymore. :test2:
But, now I can see where you're coming from.

Reactions: Mipmip

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Your "clue #3" is wrong. Per Thaddeus: "It was three days later when Selena's own personal guard finally found Lilith's body."

That said, "The Crone is really Selena and 'Princess Selena' is really Lilith" is a theory which a number of folks have advanced in this thread. I don't think it could have played out as you postulate, however, since your scenario would have the Crone falling into the moat rather than someone who looked like Lilith.
erk. okay, i didnt follow this thread in a long while. too bad. but I don't see anything happening at all in my game - the fairy court encounter is just fucking the queen and then I'm redboxed, no more events.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
Side stories and "eye-candy" is what adds spice and I don't really mind spending some time on them.
And that is where you and I disagree. The original pacing of this game, and what made me a fan of it, over all others, had us cranking through skills and clues at such a prodigious rate that it looked to me like belle was going to be able to complete the main story line in 6 to 9 months. A sign of a competent coder with a good plan. To me, the game has now drifted into the realm of every other visual novel game on F95, never. Until the dev gets bored and makes a rushed conclusion and starts a new project AT BEST.

Reactions: skullker

Muffeh

Jun 25, 2017
Is it weird that the character I want to have more sex scenes with is Belle? Fairy fetish i spose.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
And that is where you and I disagree. The original pacing of this game, and what made me a fan of it, over all others, had us cranking through skills and clues at such a prodigious rate that it looked to me like belle was going to be able to complete the main story line in 6 to 9 months. A sign of a competent coder with a good plan.
Looks indeed like we disagree here. I'm pretty certain that it is a lot harder to "complete the game" and add a significant amount content after the main story is done since many people will simply lose interest and move on. So either they are added now or there's a good chance some scenes will never be added.
The first updates do indeed have to be straight forward and new and cohesive content is needed to attract people and to show that a new dev is able to deliver. But I think there is a time when a dev can be creative and add alternative content other people and the dev himself want to see. At least for me it doesn't really matter if game needs 6, 9 or 12 months longer to be finished as long as the final result is convincing.

To me, the game has now drifted into the realm of every other visual novel game on F95, never. Until the dev gets bored and makes a rushed conclusion and starts a new project AT BEST.

That does indeed depend on the dev and can't be generalised in my opinion. I think you are way to negative in this regard and I don't see an troubles ahead as of now. One could even argue that it's just as easy to lose motivation if a dev can't make the game he want's but has to produce a game he only partly believes in.

Reactions: Nottravis

NeverSmile

Jun 26, 2017
Guys, i need help. I am doing everything by walkthrough and at the day 3, i cant find what is written in walk... so, "Worksite, [Close abilities], Talk to Aldred*" i didnt understand where i need to go or to click.

monroe

insert cringey ass bio here
Staff member
Donor
Jun 23, 2017
Man I certainly hope Erato and MC get their own ending or route. Really liked it.

Butcer

Aug 16, 2016
The problem is that you can hardly tell a complete story with so few characters (or it will be short and predictable) and even though it may be frustrating now, the overall story will certainly benefit in the end - which is what matters.
Watch the tv series bottom if you dont think you can pull off having few charachters,the entire show featured 2 charchaters for around 95% of its entire premise

Reactions: Darkaura

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Man I certainly hope Erato and MC get their own ending or route. Really liked it.
I don't plan to take Erato's content much further from where it is right now, but I do consider her important enough that she'll have an ending of her own and a "route."

Reactions: monroe
4.60 star(s) 377 Votes