hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
This is one of those games where you have to have the walk through open, you can't figure out anything intuitively because of it's terrible design.

If you want to have sex with GIRL #4, then jump through hoop B, C, D, E, F, G, memorize this, do a math problem, bla bla bla

There's also no NTR content in this game.

The game is on a time limit which is annoying.

Reactions: Darkaura

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Just trying out this game for the first time, and I really like the storyline. One question for you, : does the sound-clip used for the ambient noise in town use Dutch people talking in the background? It sounds a lot like it.
Yeah, those are dutch voices. There's no real reason why, except it was the best sound clip I found for this particular use and I assumed that only a small subset of players would recognize the language.

@Belle when will we get the princess update ? will it be in near update or still a long way to go ?
It's a long way off, still. She represents the end-game. There's a ton of stuff to do before then.

I cannot load the map properly since v0.7, could someone please upload a functional save file?
Your save file is perfectly functional. You're probably trying to access it at times when it's not supposed to be accessible. It can only be used in specific locations, and not in the middle of dialogue. Try clicking Leave Town while you're in town, and then click the map icon before you do anything else.

In the future, the map icon will be more of a standardized thing, and I'm going to try and make it more prominent in the GUI. There will be a town map in addition to the wilderness map, removing the need for the clunky menu navigation we have today.

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
Just trying out this game for the first time, and I really like the storyline. One question for you, : does the sound-clip used for the ambient noise in town use Dutch people talking in the background? It sounds a lot like it.
Funny, that could have been my post.

Aug 16, 2016
This is one of those games where you have to have the walk through open, you can't figure out anything intuitively because of it's terrible design. If you want to have sex with GIRL #4, then jump through hoop B, C, D, E, F, G, memorize this, do a math problem, bla bla bla
What are you talking about? The walkthrough wasn't available until very recently and no one has had a major problem before you. The puzzles are pretty simple - "Oh she said she threw stuff away behind the library, lets check that... gasp, she lied! This can't be part of her secret!" I'm not sure how someone can manage to find, download, and unzip the game and not be able to figure out how to piece together the very obvious clues the game gives you as many attempts as you need to get right.

RedDeer

Mar 16, 2018
The game just gets better and better love it. But after the Evelyn scene dam.... Caught me by surprise and actually made me sad. Sorry if it's not new I just saw it for the first time. anyone else feel this way too?

Reactions: kalifianto

Zareem

May 20, 2017
Yeah, those are dutch voices. There's no real reason why, except it was the best sound clip I found for this particular use and I assumed that only a small subset of players would recognize the language.

It's a long way off, still. She represents the end-game. There's a ton of stuff to do before then.

Your save file is perfectly functional. You're probably trying to access it at times when it's not supposed to be accessible. It can only be used in specific locations, and not in the middle of dialogue. Try clicking Leave Town while you're in town, and then click the map icon before you do anything else.

In the future, the map icon will be more of a standardized thing, and I'm going to try and make it more prominent in the GUI. There will be a town map in addition to the wilderness map, removing the need for the clunky menu navigation we have today.
I have always been doing it the way you tell me to, and yet it does not work. Could you tell me how can I upload my save file, so you can maybe take a look at it? I know I am not the only one with this prbolem, so you might help others as well by helping me ;)

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Could you tell me how can I upload my save file, so you can maybe take a look at it?
Try mega.nz or, if you're one of my patrons, go to my discord server and attach your save to a post there.

I know I am not the only one with this prbolem, so you might help others as well by helping me ;)
Well, the others I've heard about who have this problem just didn't understand how to use the map system (which means the GUI needs an overhaul), which is why I suspected that was your problem as well. The exception was back with the release of 0.7.0, where a bug caused existing saves to fail to gain access to the map in the first place. I just checked the code for the patch that fixes the issue in saved games, and it looks fine.

Zareem

May 20, 2017
Try mega.nz or, if you're one of my patrons, go to my discord server and attach your save to a post there.

Well, the others I've heard about who have this problem just didn't understand how to use the map system (which means the GUI needs an overhaul), which is why I suspected that was your problem as well. The exception was back with the release of 0.7.0, where a bug caused existing saves to fail to gain access to the map in the first place. I just checked the code for the patch that fixes the issue in saved games, and it looks fine.
Thanks, but how do I find it?

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
O avoidable NTR
Yeah that's fine and all. I just don't patron NTR. If a dev is going to spend time and resources on it, I am out, from a funding perspective. I'll still play it, to see if it is just a one-off, and consider re-patroning if it gets good, but alas, I don't see it.

My observation was that since that was added, the game has taken on a totally different direction from a magic-y, corruption, mystery solving, game to fuck the new out-of-nowhere fey of the day. And almost NO progress with the existing story-line, or characters.

I don't bear a grudge in this instance. The game has gotten pretty bad. Whereas previously I could see where Belle was going with it and it was tons of fun, with tons of plot advancing content, now, I have no idea. I guess there is some princess, in some far distant future, after Belle gets bored of the fey of the month club.

I gave it a fair go, saw there were no new skills, unlocking no new scenes relevant to the existing characters, ripped the images and confirmed. Disappointing for me, relative to how amazingly the game started off.

The puzzles are pretty simple
They used to be pretty well clued, well written, and kinda fun. The last one with the 4 clues and the ex-sister was a bit more challenging, and I can KIND of see some folks getting frustrated.

Reactions: Orlox

churrored

Nov 5, 2017
is there a way to get 5 and 6 perversion yet? im on 4 but dont know how to get it higher. sorry if im being a dumb dumb

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
Yo it might have taken a while for non-Patrons to get the update, but between people freking out about it and people freaking out regarding NTR, this thread sure keeps you entrertained.

is there a way to get 5 and 6 perversion yet? im on 4 but dont know how to get it higher. sorry if im being a dumb dumb
You can find stats limits for every stat by clicking the stat icon in the top right.

DiroGoodboy

Oct 18, 2016
Great models, characters and a interesting story: 9/10
CUCKING THE FAIRY KING RIGHT IN FRONT OF ALL OF THE FEY COURT: 10/10

This game went straight to my list of favorites.

Reactions: Dreadder and Belle

Nestre

Feb 2, 2018
I like that the Fairy Queen says "We must destroy you to save us all", but her next sentence is "Humanity would prevail, in a way".

That is a strange war she has seen in her visions.

voidzone247

Mar 12, 2017
Soooo... this is not a criticism, and perhaps I'm wrong on some of the details, but isn't the story with the princess a bit obvious already? I mean, the origins of the MC are far more mysterious.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Cream and zazzaro
4.60 star(s) 376 Votes