Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Hey Belle, about to ask you on patreon after saw that patreon gone full retard (ASOIAF can show incest, pillage, rape, child murder, cut someone dick off, etc. but somehow game can not give me a break) and decide better to ask you here.

- For a mind control thing probably need to change (I never like it anyway). You can going like MC know their deepest desire with the help of the spell of course that their try to suppress and MC have to convince them to accept that desire (by word and action) and they can all scream "PERSONA" at the end. :FeelsGoodMan:
- Will you change Evelyn relationship with MC or you are going to use wait and see approach what the big one do (DmD,DOD,BB). I like incest and will sad to see it change but if it need to I understand.
As far as I understand the situation, Patreon isn't censoring game content at this stage, and I doubt they will end up doing so in the future unless under extreme external pressure. They are simply putting limits on what can be written about and shown on the Patreon page itself.

In other words, the content of Long Live the Princess will not change because of this development. Have no fear.

- Empress arcana girls are my favorite (except from 5) so are there any high born lady except the princess to be introduce ?
Yes. That's about as much as I will say about that right now. ;)

Reactions: Trombe

Fenix34

Jun 16, 2017
As far as I understand the situation, Patreon isn't censoring game content at this stage, and I doubt they will end up doing so in the future unless under extreme external pressure. They are simply putting limits on what can be written about and shown on the Patreon page itself.

In other words, the content of Long Live the Princess will not change because of this development. Have no fear.

Yes. That's about as much as I will say about that right now. ;)
yeah thats how i am currently understanding it too, because it would be ashame to change any part of this game, including mind control. That being said, it seems like what people are doing (if they have to) is making slightly different versions (just changing sister to step sister or what not) for patreon then adding a 'normal' patch elsewhere. Like here for example : P

Reactions: Belle

n0b0dy

Jun 1, 2017
I just tried this game and really liked the banter between the mc and the fairy. Keep up the good work!

Caligula

Donor
Aug 22, 2017
OP had me hooked at 'potty mouthed pixie'. Why? I don't know. :D

Played the game and I like it very much. Interesting setting, story is intriguing, I like the sort of adventure style 'mini-quests' and on top of that we get the horniest pixie in the history of computer games.

There is only one downside right now: I have to keep track of yet another game. This is getting exhausting. x'D

Reactions: Fenix34 and Belle

mayama

Jul 14, 2017
Played 0.15 a week ago and had an excellent first impression. I do like history per se, though it doesn't necessarily make for good blends when associated to games. Yet here I did appreciate both the setting and the various mechanics. It's clear there's a whole lot of planning behind.

My favourite character so far is Primrose (very pretty) so I'm glad the next update will be about her. But of course MVP goes to the fairy, I always love when there's a sidekick character who serves both as guide and comic relief. Even moreso when she's cute. Well done.

landeaux

Sep 26, 2017
The perverted pixie is a fantastic way to drive the action forward. I'm REALLY not into incest stuff, or, you know "Assaulting" unwitting people when they're asleep, so I opted to skip molesting the main characters sister. Belle's "BOOOO!" actually made me smile.
Fine, pixie, you win this round. My drive to do pervy stuff in this game is largely just so that faery doesn't think I'm lame.

On a side note, it's nice to see the patreon for this steadily creeping upward. I'm sure that process will accelerate as more versions come out, and positive word of mouth spreads. This jewel in a sea of Russian shovelware deserves to succeed.

Reactions: n0b0dy and Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
On a side note, it's nice to see the patreon for this steadily creeping upward. I'm sure that process will accelerate as more versions come out, and positive word of mouth spreads. This jewel in a sea of Russian shovelware deserves to succeed.
The Patreon is relatively slow right now, but I haven't really been promoting it either outside of this forum, and I didn't start the thread here. All I did was post a thread on 8chan (which I don't really frequent), and that one has been pretty quiet. I wanted a soft start to my campaign to not blow that very important first impression on a version of the game that might not be good enough, and even in hindsight, that seems to have been a good idea. I suspect people will be far more appreciative of a game that has a couple of updates out.

Once I release 0.20, I believe I will start to promote the game properly. I have little knowledge of good places to post about it without coming across as pushy or irrelevant though, apart from a couple of ideas given to me since this whole thing started.

Reactions: Andarilho

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
It's not going to happen. This is a story specifically written for a male protagonist. The entire premise and climax would break apart if I tried to change it, so I couldn't add support for a female protagonist even if I wanted to. Sorry.
Huh, that's too bad. Well, good luck going forward anyway! You've got something interesting going on here that I'm sure alotta folks will really appreciate!

Reactions: wep

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Huh, that's too bad. Well, good luck going forward anyway! You've got something interesting going on here that I'm sure alotta folks will really appreciate!
Thank you! Not every game can be for everyone, but I hope you'll find something else out there that tickles your fancy.

Reactions: Thornhill

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
wow, five days without one post on this topic, I think @Belle needs to release a new version soon ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
wow, five days without one post on this topic, I think @Belle needs to release a new version soon ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yeah, I do. I'm very close now, but there's still a bit of writing left. I think all the renders are done, at least. 0.20 should hopefully be out by Friday, but it's hard to predict.

For future versions, I'm going to try completing smaller scenes entirely, renders and text, before moving on to new ones. The way I've chosen right now has me completing most of the renders and then writing a ton of text in one big bulk. It's exhausting.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
the waiting game is slowly killing me so it's theory time! What if the darkness befalling the princess has to do with her being a total yandere when it comes to the MC? Like she'd kill all women in the kingdom just to stay safe?

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yeah, I do. I'm very close now, but there's still a bit of writing left. I think all the renders are done, at least. 0.20 should hopefully be out by Friday, but it's hard to predict.

For future versions, I'm going to try completing smaller scenes entirely, renders and text, before moving on to new ones. The way I've chosen right now has me completing most of the renders and then writing a ton of text in one big bulk. It's exhausting.
no pressure man, just keep the good work and I'm sure it will be worth the wait ;)

two weeks is barely waiting compared with most games out there, but if you feel you need more time sometimes, it's completely acceptable

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
two weeks is barely waiting compared with most games out there, but if you feel you need more time sometimes, it's completely acceptable
For the record, the two-week cycle was for versions 0.15 and 0.20 only. Future releases, starting with 0.30, will happen monthly. In other words, expect 0.30 at the end of November.

whynothere

Apr 26, 2017
For the record, the two-week cycle was for versions 0.15 and 0.20 only. Future releases, starting with 0.30, will happen monthly. In other words, expect 0.30 at the end of November.
That's still pretty fast, only a few games manage monthly releases. I'd take it as a complement that people here and on /htg are complaining after such a short period without announcements, it just means we're excited about your game :)

sansusername

May 4, 2017
sorry if this is already said somewhere, but is .20 out yet? or sometime soon? And should we expect the same amount of content to be added as was added in .15? --- and for .30 should we expect double the amount of content at 15 to 20? I'm just curious. I liked the additions in .15, but am still wishing there was more substance to the game right now!

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
sorry if this is already said somewhere, but is .20 out yet? or sometime soon? And should we expect the same amount of content to be added as was added in .15? --- and for .30 should we expect double the amount of content at 15 to 20? I'm just curious. I liked the additions in .15, but am still wishing there was more substance to the game right now!
It's hard to compare the versions since they work somewhat differently from each other. 0.2 is roughly the size of 0.15. It's less naughty but has more "gameplay." I'm still laying the foundation for this game, so it will definitely feel slow for a few more updates.

I have no idea how much content will be in 0.3 compared to 0.15 or 0.2. I want to take a step back and improve things like the GUI, but I will also expand upon the content that is already there. I don't think it's going to be double the size of these last two updates because that would straight up kill me. The number of hours I've taken off from regular work or this game in the last two months or so can be counted on two hands, and that's not healthy over time.

I wish there was more substance too. That's why I'm taking my time laying the foundation so that I can really pump out content once we get going. It's going to pay off in the end, or so I hope.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I just noticed I forgot to answer your question on whether 0.20 is out yet. No, it's not. I'm still working hard on it and hope to get it out tomorrow for patrons. I'm writing a really tricky part now, which makes it hard to know exactly how much more time it will take. I'm almost done.

Reactions: gestved and Crusoe

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I'm still a bit torn on this.
Not about whether or not I like it, there's not a whole lot of adult content yet but I dig the writing and day cycle and clue systems. Plus the MC is tolerable, mostly because Belle (the character) adds the humor and brazenness that he's lacking.

That said, it's really early in development. If I replay this with every update now I'll probably be sick and tired of the early game by the time it turns into a more substantial experience.
Still, looking forward to that next update...

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes