Le Taz

Master Of Baguettes
Modder
Donor
Mar 28, 2018
didn't have problems with my saves so far.
But if Belle implement something about the earlier stages of the story, it's a possibility that future updates might be impacted.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Does anyone know if v0.9 saved files will transfer over to the newest update? Also sad Belle is adorable.
Saves have been compatible with newer versions since 0.3. If this is going to change (and it will at some point, if only temporarily), I will make an announcement about it.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Does anyone know if v0.9 saved files will transfer over to the newest update? Also sad Belle is adorable.
there us no nominal transfer, basic ren'py behavior is dumping everything into %appdata%\renpy\assorted numbers_game's project name or other and drawing it from there, too.

unless dev sources them localy only, but accepted standard is appdata folder (windows)

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
there us no nominal transfer, basic ren'py behavior is dumping everything into %appdata%\renpy\assorted numbers_game's project name or other and drawing it from there, too.

unless dev sources them localy only, but accepted standard is appdata folder (windows)
I don't think that's what people are wondering about when they ask that question. Many adult game developers invalidate saves from previous versions (deliberately or not) whenever they release a new one. Long Live the Princess has a special save game patcher that runs whenever you load a save, fixing issues with saves from specific version if necessary. This makes all saves since version 0.3 forward compatible. People don't want to invest 5+ hours in one version of the game only to have to restart in the next version.

G

Grey Valentine

I reached a point in the game that Evelyn leaves and there isn't nothing else to do/ I think. I've maxed all of the stats to their limit, is that it for now? Or can you actually finish the story? Also, will you have a chance to go after Evelyn, or make her come back?

I Love this game, it's one of the best I've played, the characters aren't caricatures, they're actually believable and the main character isn't an asshole like in most Ren'Py games. Also, Belle is adorable. I'm definitely going to support it on patreon.

Reactions: Belle

Nerra

Apr 13, 2018
I reached a point in the game that Evelyn leaves and there isn't nothing else to do/ I think. I've maxed all of the stats to their limit, is that it for now? Or can you actually finish the story? Also, will you have a chance to go after Evelyn, or make her come back?

I Love this game, it's one of the best I've played, the characters aren't caricatures, they're actually believable and the main character isn't an asshole like in most Ren'Py games. Also, Belle is adorable. I'm definitely going to support it on patreon.
There is still a lot of story for Belle to work on...

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
The game isn't linear, so your progress in one storyline doesn't really tell me if you've reached the end of the game's content or not. You have reached the end of Evelyn's content at least, though you might want to avoid having her leave since she won't be coming back.

Thank you! I appreciate it. :)

CelestialTroy

Apr 22, 2018
This is basically the only game I have come across so far where I want to get each new update to see what is new with each new release. Almost every other game I have played so far I give it 2-3 updates before I check it again, but not with LLtP.

Reactions: Hawkthorn and Belle

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
The game isn't linear, so your progress in one storyline doesn't really tell me if you've reached the end of the game's content or not. You have reached the end of Evelyn's content at least, though you might want to avoid having her leave since she won't be coming back.
There are several games where the wrong choices leads to a bad ending, but I don't think there's any one out there that gives the "bad ending" so soon. I honestly do not know if I should applaud you or tell you there's a special kind of hell.

Meh, I'll just chuckle if I see someone ask when Evelyn's coming back and see him react all crestfallen when he's told she's not. Guess I'll see you in that special kind of hell...

Reactions: lo0u

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
There are several games where the wrong choices leads to a bad ending, but I don't think there's any one out there that gives the "bad ending" so soon. I honestly do not know if I should applaud you or tell you there's a special kind of hell.

Meh, I'll just chuckle if I see someone ask when Evelyn's coming back and see him react all crestfallen when he's told she's not. Guess I'll see you in that special kind of hell...
There will be much more content with her, but you've stumbled into a "bad end" indeed. Still, this is the kind of game where I want to reward every choice in different ways. By going that route, you've unlocked a scene that you won't be able to see otherwise.

There will be a similar situation with Primrose in 0.10. She won't disappear, but there's going to be a unique scene for doing something specific. If you don't do it properly, you'll never see that scene in your playthrough. Expect more of this kind of thing. I want choice to both matter and be meaningful, with the difference in choices not deciding whether you get a "good" or "bad" ending, but which selection of scenes you get to see and play.

Hawkthorn

Nov 21, 2017
Any stat increase planned for .1?
Is it wrong that I want more perversion, (that just sounds wrong in my head) But any stat increase means more... perversion.

On an unrelated note, I would love to get that one review that game a 3 updated, I feel its unjust that that one review prevents the full 5 star rating.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Any stat increase planned for .1?
No. There are no new ability increases planned short-term. We'll get there.

On an unrelated note, I would love to get that one review that game a 3 updated, I feel its unjust that that one review prevents the full 5 star rating.
This is why I would never implement an aggregated review score without first weighing the reviews. Averages are too easily skewed by outliers. Weighted averages takes this into consideration.

Reactions: RustyV

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
This is why I would never implement an aggregated review score without first weighing the reviews. Averages are too easily skewed by outliers. Weighted averages takes this into consideration.
At the risk of sounding stupid, how would you implement a weighted average system here?

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
At the risk of sounding stupid, how would you implement a weighted average system here?
I have no idea. I might even be using the wrong term. All I know is that it's possible to implement averages that disregard extreme outliers.

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
No. There are no new ability increases planned short-term. We'll get there.
Damn, so no convincing Evelyn not to leave (or changing her opinion on the matter before she does) before the end scene next update? Breaking my heart here. Looking forward to it all the same.

P.S. What's the name of the music you used for the main menu? I extracted the mp3 but it has no tagging.

Crel

Jun 5, 2018
Damn, so no convincing Evelyn not to leave (or changing her opinion on the matter before she does) before the end scene next update? Breaking my heart here. Looking forward to it all the same.
Well on the plus side, it's obvious from pretty early on that you're going to need her darkest secret before you can pursue that path successfully. I'm just guessing but it will probably be at least several more months before that happens. I could throw out some some mostly unfounded speculations on the course of the next few updates, but then Belle would have to come and shoot them down. Or possibly correct them, which may not be a bad thing...

I have no idea. I might even be using the wrong term. All I know is that it's possible to implement averages that disregard extreme outliers.
In this case, you could, if the number of reviews is greater than 10, take the bottom 10% or 5%, and top 10/5% and toss them out. I think that displaying the median instead might also work.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
P.S. What's the name of the music you used for the main menu? I extracted the mp3 but it has no tagging.
"Path of Glory." You'll be able to find the titles of all the music in the credits in version 0.10.

I could throw out some some mostly unfounded speculations on the course of the next few updates, but then Belle would have to come and shoot them down. Or possibly correct them, which may not be a bad thing...
Feel free to speculate. I generally don't comment upon speculation about future plot developments.

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
So it's looking like there's still quite some way to go before a final release, am I right to guess the game is not actually going to end on day 30 after all? Some sort of 'twist' I'm sure.

Reactions: HunterSeeker
4.60 star(s) 376 Votes