Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
So it's looking like there's still quite some way to go before a final release, am I right to guess the game is not actually going to end on day 30 after all? Some sort of 'twist' I'm sure.
It's not ending on day 30. The game talks only vaguely about the arrival of the princess because the number of days is going to be based on the actual size of the game by the time we get there.

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
It's not ending on day 30. The game talks only vaguely about the arrival of the princess because the number of days is going to be based on the actual size of the game by the time we get there.
Oh, really? I thought there was dialog somewhere (or multiple somewheres) that explicitly stated she would arrive in a month.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Oh, really? I thought there was dialog somewhere (or multiple somewheres) that explicitly stated she would arrive in a month.
The closest is a mention of "just over a month." I'll change it to "a month or two" to avoid such questions in the future. Had I wanted a specific target day at this point in development, I would have stated it explicitly.

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
@Belle Haven't played for awhile but I need more of Primrose she's sooo petite I need more of her :heartcoveredeyes: and the sis doesn't hurt as a bonus too but Primrose is my main love
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
@Belle Haven't played for awhile but I need more of Primrose she's sooo petite I need more of her :heartcoveredeyes: and the sis doesn't hurt as a bonus too but Primrose is my main love
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Primrose can get arrested in 0.9. Version 0.10 focuses entirely on filling the gaps from that version, so it's all about her. Don't expect miracles though. Because it fills the gaps, it doesn't actually add much that is new. It does move her story forward in a significant way though... if you've played your cards right.

Reactions: Le Taz

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
The closest is a mention of "just over a month." I'll change it to "a month or two" to avoid such questions in the future. Had I wanted a specific target day at this point in development, I would have stated it explicitly.
you should throw out any mention of time for now, just saying "she will come". Or be a jerk and write TBD :)

Gry53

Apr 16, 2018
Hey guys, I have noticed that some people speak about Evelyn leaving and I want to see that. Is it possible to know how I can see this part of the story. Thanks .(I'm french so my English is not very good sorry)

Reactions: HunterSeeker

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
Hey guys, I have noticed that some people speak about Evelyn leaving and I want to see that. Is it possible to know how I can see this part of the story. Thanks .(I'm french so my English is not very good sorry)
Your english was perfect. Anyway to make her leave just reveal her big secret and, after using remove inhibitions, confess to her.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I have no idea. I might even be using the wrong term. All I know is that it's possible to implement averages that disregard extreme outliers.
So not to be a smart ass (like a certain pixie), but you're saying just grade on a curve?
pb2c.png

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
There will be much more content with her, but you've stumbled into a "bad end" indeed. Still, this is the kind of game where I want to reward every choice in different ways. By going that route, you've unlocked a scene that you won't be able to see otherwise.

I want choice to both matter and be meaningful, with the difference in choices not deciding whether you get a "good" or "bad" ending, but which selection of scenes you get to see and play.
This is why I have several versions of LLTP going. Every branch has its own rewards. As long as the game always has more naked Belle being a perv its good.

Reactions: Belle
Mar 27, 2018
It may go without saying, but press the point when she asks you to back off.

You might want to make a save before the conversation, though, and continue from that one.
I started a new game when I pushed the issue and didn't save beforehand when I first played through.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I started a new game when I pushed the issue and didn't save beforehand when I first played through.
Don't forget that the game autosaves from time to time. If you've forgotten to save manually, you can always take a look at those to see if the game saved for you.

Wise Naga

Jan 6, 2018
I absolutely loved Belle's character. With a heavy background of point-and-click adventure games with charismatic sidekicks (sam & max, primordia, blackwell), I must say that Belle was made witty enough to be funny and lovable. Kudos to you, dev. Instant favorite!

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Version 0.10.0 is now out for patrons. .

Changelog 0.10.0:
  • New, repeatable scene with Primrose.
  • You may now continue the investigation of Merek's murder even after Primrose is arrested.
  • You may visit Primrose while she is in prison.
  • It is now possible to read in the library even if Primrose is in prison.
  • Added alternate opening to Primrose's arrest event if Evelyn is gone.
  • Scrolling credits are now available from the main menu.
  • You can no longer rollback to before a saved game you just loaded. This should resolve the Ren'py exceptions some people have been reporting, but won't fix saves already affected by this issue.
  • Music now resumes correctly upon loading a saved game.
  • Minor tweaks and fixes.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes