Raneth

May 26, 2017
this is a really interesting idea, and a philosophy that i think alot of devs could learn from and makes me think of Japanese VN's where you don't right and wrong answers, just story driving choices. But right now i feel we have gotten to used to games with clear paths though the choices we make, Like: chose A to bang mom chose B to bang sis.
But when we have stuff like "i need more courage to say this", then i go "ok time fire op the console to get me some courage" and when that doesn't do anything i just get annoy and think it might be made to taunt the player, not that the game hard locks my stats or isn't programmed in yet.
This might also be because i don't really think alot about my choices in a game when it's this early in development.
Also couldn't you just disable rollback in ren'py? that always makes me think that i need to save scum to see all of the content.
i'am definitely interested in where this game is going, since i think a good story and design is more
important to start up with than fancy.... anything :)
also i apparently like the word also :) one can really see that eng. isn't my first language, curse you for thought provoking posts that need many words and more thought, there is a reason that i'am mostly a lurker

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
there is one, but not in the hud, every time a period passes it says in the beggining of the new one which time and day it is

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
I like this game. I played the demo and thought meh, nice graphics but wasn't hooked. Then decided to play this latest update and I'm glad I did. A lot of content in the update, gameplay, and a lot of fun with it.

Just one question, I've reached a point where I've used the spells on the three main female characters, met Thaddeus and been told to meet Aldred at awork site. Yet I can't get back to see the Crone, or visit Thaddeus and Aldred as invited. Have I reached the end of the current content?

Reactions: Belle

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I like this game. I played the demo and thought meh, nice graphics but wasn't hooked. Then decided to play this latest update and I'm glad I did. A lot of content in the update, gameplay, and a lot of fun with it.

Just one question, I've reached a point where I've used the spells on the three main female characters, met Thaddeus and been told to meet Aldred at awork site. Yet I can't get back to see the Crone, or visit Thaddeus and Aldred as invited. Have I reached the end of the current content?
yes (probably), you can't meet the crone, the uncle and thaddeus are not available yet, just the three girls

did you work at Callie with 20 copper pieces in the morning? you get a surprise from a random client there

supanova999

Jul 1, 2017
I can offer a solution for the dev about players who click too fast and accidentally make a choice. Simply put a 1 second delay when a choice dialog comes up that disables mouse click.
Although I don't see the purpose in disabling rollback to begin with. If the dev plans for choices to be meaningful, then I assume choices should having lasting impacts through the length of the game's story, meaning rollback couldn't even be used to undermine the significance of those choices. Sooo.. why disable it?

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
there's no reason to disable it at all, if you want to choose another option with rollback all you have to do is rollback, save the game, load and choose the other option, so rollback is useful to both situations

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Did i missunderstand or will the game actually have 30+/- day (1 month) hard cap ?
I think there will be a month for the arrival of the princess, but after she arrives only @Belle knows how it will play out

but it doesn't matter, the game is made to be played multiple times, there is a new game+ after you finish the game (when it's finished, obviously)

Is the Game only implemented to the Small Secret for the 3 Girls so far? Because, if it is,

A) Damn
B) Hungry for more.
yes

Sinndallas

SD
Donor
Aug 7, 2017
This game has a ton of promise to it. Even when I was positive I got to the end of the content I kept going anyways just to check.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
same here i kept going. it would be nice if you could add something like "you've reached the end of this arc in the current version" or something like Man of the House creator Faerin does, "i'd like to do more, but maybe in the next version!" that sneaky guy!

other that that I was really interested in going further with the story. you've made me a fan @Belle and I can't wait for more content soon!

i think there should be a "time limit" before princess arrives, but if the end goal is to "save" the princess and you need training from the sorceress/witch, then maybe the time limit should be 60 days? gives you time to practice/learn clues/boost skills/get sexy time with some of the female leads along the way.

perhaps also an Achievements board? so that you know if you've "maxed" out a female NPC in the current version so that I don't keep trying to spellbound her to no avail.

also, after i did the quest for Primrose and stole the books back, there was no option the next day to return them or get some special gratitude from Primrose - is this deliberate? I was hoping for progression.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
When you are negotiating (or rather being volun-told) for 5 coppers/day to study and you try to get 10, you are foiled and forced to accept the 5.

However the option to try for 10 coppers remains and the outcome is the same. @Belle are you planning on removing this due to MC failing the game check for charisma?
Do you mean as in removing the choice from the list if you've already tried it once so that you can't try it again? I don't know. Should I do that?

don't disable the rollback, sometimes I click two times and it's a pain to read it without rollback
Don't worry, the rollback is here to stay in some form, even if there is a separate History option. Because of the nature of the Invade Mind sequences, it can be very handy to look at the last few lines of dialogue quickly while you try to figure out what clues to present, for example.

Also i think a time/day indicator might be a good a idea for a later version
This is one of the features I hope to include in version 0.3.

Did i missunderstand or will the game actually have 30+/- day (1 month) hard cap ?
There will be a cap, but I don't know exactly what it will be yet. I'm going to set it so that the game doesn't become stressful, but also so that your choices of what to do and when to do it become important.

Beyond the obvious reasons for why I'm doing this, I also want to include events that the player doesn't initiate, and these will typically happen at specific days. You will hopefully see a couple of examples of this in 0.3.

Reactions: Raneth and atlas114

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
Do you mean as in removing the choice from the list if you've already tried it once so that you can't try it again? I don't know. Should I do that?
yes merely a suggestion. if your charisma or persuasion skills aren't up to par and you try the skill only to fail, I thought it didn't merit having the choice there. it kind of forces the game to go a linear path; but it's unavoidable as that certain skill hasn't been boosted yet. maybe i need to play the game again :x (i only did one playthrough before I think i went through all the story arcs).

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
same here i kept going. it would be nice if you could add something like "you've reached the end of this arc in the current version" or something like Man of the House creator Faerin does, "i'd like to do more, but maybe in the next version!" that sneaky guy!
This is somewhat tricky since there is a "soft" end to each girl's content where it's hard for me to write code that can tell that the player is done with her.

perhaps also an Achievements board? so that you know if you've "maxed" out a female NPC in the current version so that I don't keep trying to spellbound her to no avail.
There will be achievements at some point, but I don't see any need to add them until the game is more complete.

also, after i did the quest for Primrose and stole the books back, there was no option the next day to return them or get some special gratitude from Primrose - is this deliberate? I was hoping for progression.
You got me there. Quite simply, I ran out of time. I will expand upon this (and move things around) in later updates. We are by no means done with Primrose.

yes merely a suggestion. if your charisma or persuasion skills aren't up to par and you try the skill only to fail, I thought it didn't merit having the choice there. it kind of forces the game to go a linear path; but it's unavoidable as that certain skill hasn't been boosted yet. maybe i need to play the game again :x (i only did one playthrough before I think i went through all the story arcs).
The tutorial is linear on the first playthrough by design, so that won't change much. I might just let the failed options lead to the game continuing with slightly different dialogue so that the choice menu doesn't appear again, but it's not a priority for me to implement right now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Is the Game only implemented to the Small Secret for the 3 Girls so far?
Yes, only small secrets right now. Actually, this reminds of something I'd like to hear people's opinion on. As I'm writing, I'm finding the current Small/Large/Dark secret structure to be limiting. It's weird to have each girl have exactly this amount of secrets. Right now I'm leaning towards having a system where each girl can have any number of secrets, from few to many, and that you have to deal with them in a linear order (which you would anyway with the current system). Each casting of Invade Mind would then allow you to delve deeper into the girl's secrets, unlocking more content.

Do any of you have any thoughts on this? This is the exact kind of situation where feedback is extremely useful, particularly since I haven't made up my own mind yet.

Reactions: atlas114

diestormlie

May 13, 2017
Right now I'm leaning towards having a system where each girl can have any number of secrets, from few to many, and that you have to deal with them in a linear order (which you would anyway with the current system). Each casting of Invade Mind would then allow you to delve deeper into the girl's secrets, unlocking more content.
If they have a varying number of secrets, I don't think it makes sense for you to have to tackle them linearly, but maybe the game just ends up designed that way?

Suggestion:

Each Girl has X Secrets, which are either (S)mall, (L)arge or (D)ark.

Assign a points value to each one, say...

S = 1
L = 2
D = 3

Each time you reveal a secret, add it's points value to a variable, oh, I don't know... Control?
Then, track how much Control you have each girl, with Erotic Content gated behind Control numbers. (Eg: Need 5 Control for X, 10 Control for Y.)

Playing with the numbers could make it that you need Dark Secrets for SUPER SECRET CONTENT, or just hybrid it with Dark Secrets treatly differently.

Edit: Am, however, pro moar secrets.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
thank you @Belle for the response. the worst part of your game is the wait until the next version and not many games here give me that kind of feeling. great potential and please keep doing what you are doing! :heartcoveredeyes:

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes