gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
If you actually bothered to read what I posted instead of start bitching because you are butthurt for being called out you would know that cheating on this version wouldn't do you absolutely any good for what you were bitching previously, since there is no content behind those skills checks, and you would know that if you had played this version since it is clearly stated before those choices, unless you missed it, which wouldn't be surprising since clearly reading and writing aren't your forte

Reactions: Darkaura

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
primrose stops cleaning the library the moment you get her house address to return the books her dad wont part with! (who knows if it was a bug or intended)
It was an oversight on the dev's part and will be fixed in the next update.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
The game is over once you get these.
BJ.
Get all 3 panties.
See 2 sets of boobs plus Belle.
Get a HJ body rub on your penis from Belle.
Peek/peep at sister and Primrose.
Get books from Primrose house.
See pantie show from the store keeper (forgot her name).
Getting Primrose in underwear while cleaning the library.
Did I miss anything other than getting your stats as high as they will go. stats.jpg

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
primrose stops cleaning the library the moment you get her house address to return the books her dad wont part with! (who knows if it was a bug or intended)
She stops after exactly two weeks of in-game time. It's a bug that I have already fixed for version 0.4. Sorry about that.

I suppose this kind of thing might appear more often as the game continues development. There are so many factors to keep track of right now that even the slightest mistake can lead to bugs that are hard to discover because of the non-linear nature of the game. I'm going to try my best to make my releases bug-free, but based on my experience as a software developer, it's impossible to guarantee something like that.

Reactions: diestormlie

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
Everyone knows pixie types are really stretchy! Just have the MC grab her and jam it it till she's a flesh onahole and use her as a masturbation sleeve. :)

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
The game is over once you get these.
BJ.
Get all 3 panties.
See 2 sets of boobs plus Belle.
Get a HJ body rub on your penis from Belle.
Peek/peep at sister and Primrose.
Get books from Primrose house.
See pantie show from the store keeper (forgot her name).
Getting Primrose in underwear while cleaning the library.
Did I miss anything other than getting your stats as high as they will go. View attachment 44851
Sounds like you've done everything.

The good news is that we're reaching critical mass for the creation of new naughty content. If everything goes as planned (fingers crossed), 0.4 should be the biggest update so far in terms of naughty scenes, by a wide margin.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017
I love reading the story speculation here, though I won't say what (if anything) is correct. What I will say is that analyzing the names I've given the characters is absolutely valid. I did not name any of the characters randomly.
I'll take that as permission to belabor the nomenclature you've selected within your work. I'll hide it behind spoilers because this is going to be long. I'm serious. Do not open and read unless you wish to risk being bored to death.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I also want to reiterate that these points should not be approached like you would in most other adult games. Improving Like and Honest sounds like the way to go, and it just might be for what you want to achieve, but it won't be the only way to achieve some kind of goal with a girl. In fact, Callie will have at least two paths that will require quite different play styles to achieve, with only one of them possible to do in one game.
Focusing on Like and Honest sounds like a one-way ticket to the friend zone. In fact, I would find it hilarious if there was one or more characters where that happened. That being said, I'm a proponent of the middle road. Too much or too little of anything is bad. You don't want characters to think of the player as a perverted creep, but you do want them having sexy thoughts about the player, and a little perversity helps in that regard.

I do feel the need to cavil about one thing, though. Of all the romanceable female characters currently in the game, Primrose seems the least likely to go Brazilian. Callie is an exhibitionist. While she isn't sexually active, I'd expect her to do at least enough trimming that nothing peaks out. While Evelyn is a virgin, the game left me with the impression that she is fairly active sexually with oral and anal sex therefore she would have a reason to groom her genitals. I know the real reason why games with 3D rendered CG tends not to have pubic hair. Many textures don't have them painted on, and even then, they tend to look unconvincing up close. While there are merkin models that look pretty good, they also poke through the clothing. The best solution is basically to render twice, once with and once without and then to combine the images in postwork. That more than doubles the work of the artist. It isn't a big deal. I suppose with Primrose, it can be explained by her father commenting that a considerate lady shaves so that a man doesn't have to pick hair out of his teeth, and, knowing her, she accepted the comment as Gospel. Still, even though I'm playing a game with magic, pixies, and mind control, it's strange the things that can unexpectedly break my suspension of disbelief.

One last thing under the spoiler.

Last edited:

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I'll take that as permission to belabor the nomenclature you've selected within your work. I'll hide it behind spoilers because this is going to be long. I'm serious. Do not open and read unless you wish to risk being bored to death.

Focusing on Like and Honest sounds like a one-way ticket to the friend zone. In fact, I would find it hilarious if there was one or more characters where that happened. That being said, I'm a proponent of the middle road. Too much or too little of anything is bad. You don't want characters to think of the player as a perverted creep, but you do want them having sexy thoughts about the player, and a little perversity helps in that regard.

I do feel the need to cavil about one thing, though. Of all the romanceable female characters currently in the game, Primrose seems the least likely to go Brazilian. Callie is an exhibitionist. While she isn't sexually active, I'd expect her to do at least enough trimming that nothing peaks out. While Evelyn is a virgin, the game left me with the impression that she is fairly active sexually with oral and anal sex therefore she would have a reason to groom her genitals. I know the real reason why games with 3D rendered CG tends not to have pubic hair. Many textures don't have them painted on, and even then, they tend to look unconvincing up close. While there are merkin models that look pretty good, they also poke through the clothing. The best solution is basically to render twice, once with and once without and then to combine the images in postwork. That more than doubles the work of the artist. It isn't a big deal. I suppose with Primrose, it can be explained by her father commenting that a considerate lady shaves so that a man doesn't have to pick hair out of his teeth, and, knowing her, she accepted the comment as Gospel. Still, even though I'm playing a game with magic, pixies, and mind control, it's strange the things that can unexpectedly break my suspension of disbelief.

One last thing under the spoiler.

I love everything about this post. :D

You're going a bit deeper into name meanings than I do, for the most part. When I say that none of the names are random, that doesn't mean that every name has a historic or language-based significance. I might just as well be referring to the associations commonly given to names in modern times. Or I might be referring to both. I pick and choose a little, but each name is given at least a little thought. I'll say that many of the things mentioned in your post are things I have indeed considered when both choosing names and shaping personalities, while others are either new to me or things I deliberately chose to ignore.

There are some new names coming with version 0.4. I'll make doubly sure that they are meaningful now that I know my choices are scrutinized. ;)

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
@Belle: I just wanted to say that I tried 0.3 and it's really, REALLY nice to play. Names are good, story and background is great, the clues mechanic works great too and I found myself kinda hooked to some of the art.

Is there any chance to get animations (not for everything)?

Reactions: Darkaura and Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
@Belle: I just wanted to say that I tried 0.3 and it's really, REALLY nice to play. Names are good, story and background is great, the clues mechanic works great too and I found myself kinda hooked to some of the art.

Is there any chance to get animations (not for everything)?
Thanks!

There is a chance to get animations in this game, but only if my Patreon should turn out to be wildly successful. Creating animations is incredibly time-consuming and would come at the expense of much other content. Some of the images you currently see in the game can take as much as 2 hours to render. Now multiply that by the framerate for an animation (say, 24) and multiply that again by the number of seconds the animation should last. And that's not even counting the time it takes to pose and set up everything.

It's just not realistic at this point with what I'm trying to do here. For me to do animations, I'd probably need to hire a dedicated animator. We're far from the point where I would be able to do that.

For the time being, it's best to assume that LLtP will never get animations.

winstonns

Jun 22, 2017
really loving this game!, i've been a supporter since 0.2 by unintentionally discovering this game, its now my number 1 game to look forward too keep up the great work belle, i'm so glad you allmost hit a 1000 dollar each month on patreon. you deserverve it 100%! Can't wait for the future updates! <3

Reactions: Belle

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
sadly have not played v0.0.3 yet but will try tonight after work.

I was reading your public Patreon post and a user mentioned the time before the princess arrives. I think since the setting is medieval, and that it could take a long time to travel (by carriage) as well as time for news (or a memo) to go out, shouldn't you get 3 months?

I think as the story progresses that should give MC time to build up his skills ahead of time, get in some lewdness and depravity and be able to figure out what's wrong prior to the arrival.

but I also understand that given limited time before her arrival you have to prioritize (expands game play too so you can go back and try something different)

don't mind me just thinking (typing) out loud about the game. I don't do that unless I like the game so props to you @Belle!:heartcoveredeyes:

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
really loving this game!, i've been a supporter since 0.2 by unintentionally discovering this game, its now my number 1 game to look forward too keep up the great work belle, i'm so glad you allmost hit a 1000 dollar each month on patreon. you deserverve it 100%! Can't wait for the future updates! <3
Thank you very much! :) Now watch as the Patreon plummets towards the 600s tomorrow, and then slowly and painfully rises again the following two days. Payday on Patreon is a rollercoaster of emotions.

I was reading your public Patreon post and a user mentioned the time before the princess arrives. I think since the setting is medieval, and that it could take a long time to travel (by carriage) as well as time for news (or a memo) to go out, shouldn't you get 3 months?
Thank you to you too! The whole deal with the arrival date for the Princess is up in the air and depends on a multitude of factors. One awesome patron went so far as to create a fancy Excel sheet for me to play around with and figure out how many days are required, at a minimum, to accomplish certain things. It's not hugely useful right now, but it will be very soon.

I honestly don't know how many days the game is going to last in the end. It depends on how successful the Patreon is, since some of the goals are tied to story expansions. It also depends on how the game mechanics mature and evolve as development continues. Once we're starting to see the end of the line, then I'll try to figure out the optimal number of in-game days for the game to be as fun as possible while still keeping up the pressure. It might be one month. It might be three months. It might be just about anything. We'll figure it out when we get there. :)

Reactions: atlas114

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
Thanks!

There is a chance to get animations in this game, but only if my Patreon should turn out to be wildly successful. Creating animations is incredibly time-consuming and would come at the expense of much other content. Some of the images you currently see in the game can take as much as 2 hours to render. Now multiply that by the framerate for an animation (say, 24) and multiply that again by the number of seconds the animation should last. And that's not even counting the time it takes to pose and set up everything.

It's just not realistic at this point with what I'm trying to do here. For me to do animations, I'd probably need to hire a dedicated animator. We're far from the point where I would be able to do that.

For the time being, it's best to assume that LLtP will never get animations.
well, I hope that by the time you hit 1.0 it will be very successfull then. Maybe we'll get animations with the 1.1 patch \o/

Aug 15, 2017
There are some new names coming with version 0.4. I'll make doubly sure that they are meaningful now that I know my choices are scrutinized. ;)
Care to share? If you let us know what names will be introduced in version 0.4, we can speculate about the roles and potential personalities of the new arrivals while awaiting the release. ;)

On a more serious note, if you are ever looking for a name with a certain connotation, let me know; maybe I'll be able to help.

what's wrong w/nature's dental floss?
I don't have a problem with it. In fact, I'm not a huge fan of women excessively trimming their pubes, but apparently Ahab has a problem with it. You'd have to ask DevBelle to learn why.

sadly have not played v0.0.3 yet but will try tonight after work.

If were simply talking about realism, disciplined troops, such as the Roman legions, could comfortable march 30 miles a day. The Mongols could ride 100 miles a day, but they traveled light and had 3-4 horses per rider so that they could switch mounts when one started to tire. Pony Express riders could travel 170 miles a day, just to give an idea of how quickly messages could travel. While I'm not an expert on wagons, carriages, or buggies, I would image they could probably achieve 50 miles a day over non-mountainous terrain at a fairly reasonable pace. In 30 days, that would come to 1,500 miles, or about the distance from Miami to Boston by road or from Madrid to Copenhagen by a somewhat indirect route. Also, given the geography, Selena could travel by ship, either by sea or on rivers, part of the way, speeding up the journey. So, there is nothing realistically keeping her from making the journey in the time provided. In that case, it comes to game design reasons to determine the game's length. A longer journey could easily be explained by time taken preparing for the journey before setting out, detours to important cities on the way, difficult terrain, a slower pace, weather washing out roads or closing passes, etc.

Thank you very much! :) Now watch as the Patreon plummets towards the 600s tomorrow, and then slowly and painfully rises again the following two days. Payday on Patreon is a rollercoaster of emotions. see the end of the line, then I'll try to figure out the optimal number of in-game days for the game to be as fun as possible while still keeping up the
Don't you have upfront payment enabled? I am planning on becoming a patron, but I was waiting for this payment cycle to end. I don't think I'm necessarily cheap, but I do feel like an idiot when I sign up for something near the end of the month only to get charged for the next month a couple days later. If you do not have upfront payment enable yet, I'll go ahead and subscribe now so that you do get something this month.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Finally got 0.3 played through the only thing missing is a money interface. This game is funny but now its getting hilarious XD. A least I can get Belle to be around naked and get to see those fantastic little breasts :eek:

I can see you have it open for Belle to possibly get different clothing! And of course the seen where she is c**k obsessed. It would be neat to go to Crone, with Crone making Belle wait outside or away from Dickon while training, to ask her about any temporary spells to make Belle human (pretty obvious where I going with this). As well as maybe getting sexy clothing as a gift for Belle's help.

I hate to say this but I had a girlfriend like Belle you didn't know if she was acting brutally insane or brutally comedic. She would slap you in the ass to get your attention, then break a paddle over it and laugh because she scared the shit out of you, neverrmind if she broke an ass cheek :FeelsGoodMan:

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Care to share? If you let us know what names will be introduced in version 0.4, we can speculate about the roles and potential personalities of the new arrivals while awaiting the release. ;)

On a more serious note, if you are ever looking for a name with a certain connotation, let me know; maybe I'll be able to help.
Thanks! I might just do that at some point, but not for this update. The names are already pretty much set in stone. As for sharing the names, I'll do that sometime in December. I haven't been good enough at spoiling my $20 patrons (not that there's many of them. There could be a relation here), so I want to give them early previews (with renders) before I share anything with the rest. We've got a month until the next release, so there's no hurry. :)

Don't you have upfront payment enabled? I am planning on becoming a patron, but I was waiting for this payment cycle to end. I don't think I'm necessarily cheap, but I do feel like an idiot when I sign up for something near the end of the month only to get charged for the next month a couple days later. If you do not have upfront payment enable yet, I'll go ahead and subscribe now so that you do get something this month.
Sadly, upfront payments is marked as a "beta" feature by Patreon, and it's only available to creators when Patreon itself deems us worthy. Nobody knows the requirements for that. Judging by other creators I have talked to, it's just a matter of time. Once that feature is available to me, I will turn it on.

I'm aware of the problem with joining late in a month and getting charged twice in a row. Thankfully, Patreon has introduced a feature where creators can give refunds to their patrons, so that problem can be solved.

Finally got 0.3 played through the only thing missing is a money interface.
What do you mean? You can see your money on the inventory screen. Is there something else you'd like me to do with the interface for money?

And yeah, I am planning to let Belle have different outfits. I have to be really careful about this though, because each time I create a customized look for Belle, I also have to render each scene she's in all over again with the new costume. For example, the scene where Belle stares at you and complains about her life situation has two variations in the game right now, one for naked Belle and one for her leaf outfit. I might "cheat" my way out of this problem in some instances (such as the sex scene where she starts out naked anyway), but we'll see. Just replacing her side images is easy enough.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes