RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
So I restarted a save, just to see how easily things integrated into the game now that certain things are available at earlier times.

I was reading the walkthrough about a route with Primrose where you're just Friends with Benefits. My problem with that is, I've tried to get that route twice (I worked from a save from before she got arrested). I've left her in there 2 days and 10 days and I've tried combinations of her being clothed and naked the whole time. When she gets out, she still wants to be lovers regardless.

What am I doing wrong, has anyone else accomplished this?

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I like this game alot, but i have to ask, are we actually going to ever interact with the Princess and progress the story? The updates are great but i think some plot point wold be nice.
I am currently lightning-focused on getting to the endgame, where the Princess will appear. Most minor content that isn't important to the endgame is getting delayed so we can get there as fast as possible, and then I will go back afterward and expand the stuff I skipped past earlier.

If I were to venture a guess based on what I can see ahead of me right now, I would say we'll reach the endgame in roughly 5-6 versions or so, depending on what ends up in each update. Not all the content will be done at that point, but that's okay.

I want to make it crystal clear to anyone reading this that I am not in a holding pattern trying to extract as much money from Patreon as possible. That has never been the case. I always had a very specific story in mind with this game, but telling it requires getting a lot of moving parts into position. I have dropped entire characters because I wanted to focus on getting us to the end of the game as fast as I could, and those characters, while fun, weren't important enough to spend time on.

Well that sucks, no triangle poly kinda of relationship with Evelyn and Callie. At least for now.
Don't despair. That's all I will say for now. ;)

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
So I restarted a save, just to see how easily things integrated into the game now that certain things are available at earlier times.

I was reading the walkthrough about a route with Primrose where you're just Friends with Benefits. My problem with that is, I've tried to get that route twice (I worked from a save from before she got arrested). I've left her in there 2 days and 10 days and I've tried combinations of her being clothed and naked the whole time. When she gets out, she still wants to be lovers regardless.

Friends With Benefits doesn't rely on getting Primrose jailed. That has been a huge misunderstanding among players since the update when this content was first introduced. If she gets arrested at all, that will make it easier to get FWB (and harder to get a relationship), but it's not the deciding factor. While I haven't doublechecked the code right now, the easiest way I can remember to not have Primrose take you seriously as a partner is to not read the book she tells you to read. That is the moment that Primrose decides to test how superficial you are towards her.

But in the end, it comes down to how you treat Primrose across the entirety of the game. Everything counts, even the dialogue options you choose with her during the tutorial.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I am currently lightning-focused on getting to the endgame, where the Princess will appear. Most minor content that isn't important to the endgame is getting delayed so we can get there as fast as possible, and then I will go back afterward and expand the stuff I skipped past earlier.

If I were to venture a guess based on what I can see ahead of me right now, I would say we'll reach the endgame in roughly 5-6 versions or so, depending on what ends up in each update. Not all the content will be done at that point, but that's okay.

I want to make it crystal clear to anyone reading this that I am not in a holding pattern trying to extract as much money from Patreon as possible. That has never been the case. I always had a very specific story in mind with this game, but telling it requires getting a lot of moving parts into position. I have dropped entire characters because I wanted to focus on getting us to the end of the game as fast as I could, and those characters, while fun, weren't important enough to spend time on.

Don't despair. That's all I will say for now. ;)
I wouldn't think that in million years. The princess may not be there but there isn't a character that isn't interesting so far. Or "sub par content". I mean it's all subjective but I love what's there already.

So much so that I'm afraid individual updates aren't gonna fill my appetite.

Reactions: Belle

blablubiblub

Nov 1, 2017
Here's keeping my fingers crossed we get a Primrose update next. I have a hypothesis what it might be, but I'm dying to find out her darkest secret and seeing her unleashed naughty side.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Here's keeping my fingers crossed we get a Primrose update next. I have a hypothesis what it might be, but I'm dying to find out her darkest secret and seeing her unleashed naughty side.
Primrose's stuff won't happen right away. Right now, my focus is on finishing Samarra, Nell, and the Fairy Queen at the same time. The next few updates will get complicated.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I'm partial to Nell. I kind of hope there's an ending where you marry her and live happilly ever after. Not gonna happen probably but I want it.

• Love
Reactions: Lazuardy

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
It's just you keep letting him become every girl's boyfriend, that I figure that will blow up in his face eventually.

Then when in this update, Callie actually turns it down because she knows about you and Evelyn (if that's the case) that it reinforced the "Well, if I don't want someone to castrate me, I should probably replay this a bit and have different saves".

Though Belle
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Belle

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

You can be friends with benefit even without haveing her arrested... just read books when workeing; as opposed to read them in the reading room; and avoid the book about the magician until after her declaration.
From my observation that route is locked/unlocked based on her love for the player at the moment of her arrest/liberation

Last edited:

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Long Live The Princess v0.25.0.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 07.10.2019

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 809283

Can't unlock the family records option, why?
This happened to me, though I do not know why.
But one thing is certain, that it is a bug I do not know how to reproduce (sorry Belle).
Starting a new game and retracing my decisions fixed it.
(left CTRL on PC helps to skip everything. Mousewheel to go back if you overshoot)

Try and try again, but I assume you've already done that, so start a new game.

Sep 26, 2018
As a complete fanatic of fantasy i started tryin this game as soon as the first realease came out, and I've never been disappointed!

I unfortunately had to stop following it for a 3/4 months period, then went back to it and I wanna state a fact (with as little spoilers as possible): the "growing back to original size" joke had me laugh so hard I almost choked on my keyboard, THAT WAS BRILLIANT!

Good job Belle, I mean it

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes