SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Just wanted to toss a "thank you" to Belle. Sadly, don't have any money to throw toward a patron pledge (in my defense, don't have actually have any 'disposable income' money right now...), but enjoyed your creation quite a lot - not least because of the "Belle" character. So endearingly sociopathic, heh.

Speaking of which, I do have mild hopes the game will feature some "stretchy" potion or spell so that Belle (the character) ends up getting all the cock she so richly deserves.

In either meaning of the word.

Reactions: Freezer14 and Belle

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Sure, but ultimately it's a place for gamers to talk about the games with each other, it falls on the devs to match their responses to the environment and not take things personally or call pirating as stealing money out of their pocket.

It gets silly when users or mods start white knighting for a dev in a game thread. I guess they want f95 to more like some other forum. Maybe a forum where they learned the meme "If you don't like [an aspect of] a game don't play it" from as the most weasely response to criticism ever.
It's not weaselly it's basic logic.
Calling attention to a bug, asking why an issue is occurring, even pointing out some inconsistencies can be constructive. Being a putz is not.
And pirating steals money, it's kind of a primary requirement of being a pirate.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Regarding the part I've bolded in the spoiler above, why would you say this? I didn't design things to work that way, and the code doesn't hint at anything of the sort. I'm always curious to see if I missed something while setting up the game progression, but what you're saying just confuses me since I can find no supporting evidence of it. What made you reach that conclusion?

Reactions: Freezer14

bobmonk

Oct 11, 2019
It's not weaselly it's basic logic.
Calling attention to a bug, asking why an issue is occurring, even pointing out some inconsistencies can be constructive. Being a putz is not.
And pirating steals money, it's kind of a primary requirement of being a pirate.
Arrgggghhhhh, plus its an accidental bug that will be hotfixed for free for all of us sea dogs eventually. It is not an intentional issue put in to stop piracy (game dev tycoon, serious sam 3, etc). The poster wasnt a dick and just bad english skills I think, plus what Belle said was more than fair back.

I think the majority of us appreciate the free versions of games offered by the devs and interaction with community as it helps us all. So I think instead of there being an "us" vs "them" mentality that some people seem to have, how about we all work together to be one big fappy family?

It is pretty much universal in all societies that going "This isnt great as i struggled due to X" will get a better response than "Your game is shit as I couldnt do X"... bear that in mind when interacting people. Perhaps post online like you would speak to others in real life.

bobmonk

Oct 11, 2019
Ahh, you are right, I just recently picked this up again. I was waiting for that. Now I wonder how will princess Selena will turn out. I hope we will take her as our wife.
See where as I think it would be too amusing in games where all the characters are super attractive if she was super ugly. I know it isn't going to happen but after the huge wait it would be pretty funny to me personally. Especially after you wanting her to be your wife.

Reactions: RustyV

Heliophorus

Jan 6, 2018
See where as I think it would be too amusing in games where all the characters are super attractive if she was super ugly. I know it isn't going to happen but after the huge wait it would be pretty funny to me personally. Especially after you wanting her to be your wife.
Hopefully not unless it's a prince turned to frog kind of situation, maybe she is in the menu screen tho.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
maybe she is in the menu screen tho.
The woman in the menu is just a placeholder. She has no relation to any of the characters in the game. I will probably replace that screen with something else eventually.

• Wow

bobmonk

Oct 11, 2019
Hopefully not unless it's a prince turned to frog kind of situation, maybe she is in the menu screen tho.
Can't see the face though can you.
The woman in the menu is just a placeholder. She has no relation to any of the characters in the game. I will probably replace that screen with something else eventually.
Yesssss belle, keep the dream alive. Especially if the version first she comes out on is on April Fools ;)

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
You can see part of the Princess' face in the game's banner, for the record. And you get a glimpse of her in a very dark environment in the game itself right now.

Freezer14

Dec 10, 2017
:eek:
I've grown to like the menu so much, I guess I'll just have to keep a version with the menu as is.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Belle
4.60 star(s) 376 Votes