y7521y

May 26, 2019
You can see part of the Princess' face in the game's banner, for the record. And you get a glimpse of her in a very dark environment in the game itself right now.
In fact, I'd like to see the princess's sister more. Her life and death are still unknown.

Is it a Crone that has changed body? (She knows the palace very well)
Still a mysterious woman by the river?
Or killing Merek's elderly women for revenge?

Is this the struggle inside the palace?
If Princess Lilith's fall into the river was the work of others........ too terrifying.
The palace was not so calm, and Merek foresees danger.

In this case, MC will eventually choose between Princess Selena and Princess Lilith.

Heliophorus

Jan 6, 2018
Also, replaying it now, I hope I will get to have Fairy Queen some more. The original one that is, just let us take her in... :cry: She was my first, after all. And to hell with the visions, she must be wrong and we can save her!

Last edited:

Namilak

Jan 2, 2018
Regarding the part I've bolded in the spoiler above, why would you say this? I didn't design things to work that way, and the code doesn't hint at anything of the sort. I'm always curious to see if I missed something while setting up the game progression, but what you're saying just confuses me since I can find no supporting evidence of it. What made you reach that conclusion?
i used the save of the previous version and i found my self stuck i just couldn't get the clue in the tab even after following every instructions given by members on this thread so i started a new game and i was stuck again then in a third play through i was looking very carefully & didn't skip anything just to see if i missed something then i saw the dialogue between Belle & the MC where it was suggested that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
so i saved at that exact spot and tried a different option each time and the only time i was able to get the clue was when i chose that specific book otherwise it just wouldn't show in the clues tab

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Oh good lord, the eyes. The crone is the princess, isn't she?
that or the crone is the (former) queen and the princess is her daughter.

The King is dead. His daughter, Princess Selena, is set to take the crown. But something is wrong. Murder, backstabbing, and visions of extinction threaten to bring ruin to all that is good. And at the heart of it all is a tale of personal tragedy and lost love.
- Crone (aka Queen) killed the king, for revenge perhaps or greed or something like that.
- Crone wants the crown now that the king is dead (this could also be why she killed the king)
- Crone didn't get that and got banished somehow.
- Crone wants to stop Princess (aka Daughter) from being crowned she wanted that and if she cant have it no one can.
- Bring the extinction to do that

In a way, the Fairy Queen is the "good" one and the Crone is "evil". The FQ is trying to stop the end of the world, and whether we know it or not the Crone is trying to make it happen.

Also, its interesting that in the OP it states "someone is watching you closely".

You know who watches MC closer than anyone else? Yep, Belle. Following MC around watching literally his every move, she is also from the crone, sent to spy on MC. But obviously Belle has become quite fond on MC, so she'll end up backstabbing the crone....probably.

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
that or the crone is the (former) queen and the princess is her daughter.

- Crone (aka Queen) killed the king, for revenge perhaps or greed or something like that.
- Crone wants the crown now that the king is dead (this could also be why she killed the king)
- Crone didn't get that and got banished somehow.
- Crone wants to stop Princess (aka Daughter) from being crowned she wanted that and if she cant have it no one can.
- Bring the extinction to do that

In a way, the Fairy Queen is the "good" one and the Crone is "evil". The FQ is trying to stop the end of the world, and whether we know it or not the Crone is trying to make it happen.

Also, its interesting that in the OP it states "someone is watching you closely".

You know who watches MC closer than anyone else? Yep, Belle. Following MC around watching literally his every move, she is also from the crone, sent to spy on MC. But obviously Belle has become quite fond on MC, so she'll end up backstabbing the crone....probably.
so far your gues is as good as any other made in this thread... but from Belle (the Dev) owns admissions we were pretty close to the trueth before... so I just hope your gues is far fetched, as it goes in pretty much the opposite directions of the previous ideas.
Since let's be true... that would make the MC the bad guy for "enslaveing" his sister and friends in order to make humanity fall to some calamity.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
so far your gues is as good as any other made in this thread... but from Belle (the Dev) owns admissions we were pretty close to the trueth before... so I just hope your gues is far fetched, as it goes in pretty much the opposite directions of the previous ideas.
Since let's be true... that would make the MC the bad guy for "enslaveing" his sister and friends in order to make humanity fall to some calamity.
Not necessarily, MC wouldn't realize he is being used by the crone. Crone probably has visions like the FQ does, she knows MC is important thats why she is teaching him stuff to try to get him on her side. She might want to use MC's powers on the princess for example. Who else in the game could be the antagonist?

I'm not saying this specific crone is, but in general most crone characters are quite malicious/cunning in nature, they usually aren't the good guys. She has some sort of agenda.

Nobody would've guesses than Nell is the FQ's sister either, so I expect some twists.

Reactions: Antosha

akd420

Aug 4, 2018
I can't load old save files.
getting this error
Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 139, in script call
File "progression_scripts.rpyc", line 191, in script call
File "locations.rpyc", line 164, in script call
File "patches.rpyc", line 44, in script call
File "patches.rpyc", line 164, in script
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\ast.py", line 706, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\exports.py", line 1336, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\character.py", line 1139, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
**display_args)
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 247, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 154, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\display\screen.py", line 683, in render
sensitive = renpy.python.py_eval(self.screen.sensitive, locals=self.scope)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'sensitive'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Long Live the Princess 0.26.0
Sat Nov 16 13:50:27 2019

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Not necessarily, MC wouldn't realize he is being used by the crone. Crone probably has visions like the FQ does, she knows MC is important thats why she is teaching him stuff to try to get him on her side. She might want to use MC's powers on the princess for example. Who else in the game could be the antagonist?

I'm not saying this specific crone is, but in general most crone characters are quite malicious/cunning in nature, they usually aren't the good guys. She has some sort of agenda.

Nobody would've guesses than Nell is the FQ's sister either, so I expect some twists.
The path to hell is plated with good intensions... isn't it?
But to offer you another target... previously we theorized, that the Crone is princess Lilith (in disguise) and the women from the river and that the future Queen is posessed by a demon and hencefore must be stoped from aquiring a position of power. As she would likely repeat history and use humanity to wage a war of attrition against the fey and further possess humanity in order to turn them into a demon race (which could quiet likely be called a calamity).
getting this error
Seems like a corrupted DL...
if the Error is in any other folder than "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\
or "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\game" you can assume that atleast

Last edited:

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
getting this error
Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 139, in script call
File "progression_scripts.rpyc", line 191, in script call
File "locations.rpyc", line 164, in script call
File "patches.rpyc", line 44, in script call
File "patches.rpyc", line 164, in script
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\ast.py", line 706, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\exports.py", line 1336, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\character.py", line 1139, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
**display_args)
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "C:\Users\ayana\Downloads\Mega\LongLiveThePrincess-0.26.0-market\renpy\display\screen.py", line 683, in render
sensitive = renpy.python.py_eval(self.screen.sensitive, locals=self.scope)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'sensitive'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Long Live the Princess 0.26.0
Sat Nov 16 13:50:27 2019
Two other people have reported this error, but I've been unable to reproduce it. Do you think you could send me your save somehow? I would like to examine it more closely.

Ran into a bug:
That bug was already fixed in version 0.26.1 about a week ago. The hotfix also repairs saves that ran into the bug earlier.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Who murdered the MC's mentor?
That's where the story begins so the murder is the catalyst which started events. Before his murder the MC was living his life unaware his mind had be altered. If Merrick was behind prepping the MC who killed him to prevent him finishing the job?
Another alternative is that Merrick was not the one who prepped the MC's mind, but had discovered the alteration and had to be silenced.
Either way find Merrick's killer and the entire colluded story becomes clear.

Belle may in fact be a mole sent to watch over and keep the MC's attention diverted by chasing young women. But does she realize her role? Belle appears to be a hyper-sexed pixie that would lead the MC astray without being instructed to do so. The flaw in the killers machinations may be the pixie is becoming fond of the MC and may in the end save him, hopefully not at the cost of her life.

Reactions: Freezer14

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Who murdered the MC's mentor?
That's where the story begins so the murder is the catalyst which started events. Before his murder the MC was living his life unaware his mind had be altered. If Merrick was behind prepping the MC who killed him to prevent him finishing the job?
Another alternative is that Merrick was not the one who prepped the MC's mind, but had discovered the alteration and had to be silenced.
Either way find Merrick's killer and the entire colluded story becomes clear.

Belle may in fact be a mole sent to watch over and keep the MC's attention diverted by chasing young women. But does she realize her role? Belle appears to be a hyper-sexed pixie that would lead the MC astray without being instructed to do so. The flaw in the killers machinations may be the pixie is becoming fond of the MC and may in the end save him, hopefully not at the cost of her life.
if you ask Belle "Why to trust her?" dureing the first meeting she says something crypted... about the player would already know why... so maybe she was send back in time to help the player.
Probably would also explain her unique social and sexual orrientation.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Could also be a clue as to who and when The MC's memory was erased.

I would like to find out what Belle did to the other fairy to get called in front of the Fairy Court. It might have something to do with her being involved in this whole adventure. Did Belle get banished and end up serving the crone?
And of course why is Belle the only pixie not into other pixies? Was she too altered to be a pawn?
Ultimately I would like a MC+Belle route, they seem to have a close relationship and both work with magic.

Incognito Guy

totally not zazzaro
Jan 5, 2019
Holy crap that pawn talk with Samarra pumped me up! Not to mention sky rocketed her in the best girl tier list.

Belle I'd tell you not to disappoint us when the time to make good on her word comes, but after all this time I'm starting to think it isn't needed. Props.

Reactions: Belle

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Theory crafting about the story:

I agree about the Crone likely being the princess Selene's sister. She recognizing Thadeus's voice plus all she knows about the princess, feels like she was quite close to Selene's social circles in the past.

I also got the feeling the Crone was the one who poisoned truthsayer Merek to force the protagonist to ask for her help learning magic. After all who else had the magic knowledge to change appearance and would benefit from the old man dying in the story so far?

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes