dikau

Dec 16, 2019
Anyway MC is working out and already fit... remember what Samarra said about his body when he is captured, naked and tied in prison dungeon

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Anyway MC is working out and already fit... remember what Samarra said about his body when he is captured, naked and tied in prison dungeon
Not to mention that he can slow down time or move faster than light makeing the world seem to move in sow motion :sneaky: ;)

aftershock

Jun 13, 2017
So I was wondering why I could not progress with Evelyn despite uncovering her dark secret, so I looked at the variables, and long story short... you get (-1) evelyn_sexual_frustration every time you spy on her "at work", and +1 for every massage, and you need 4 for the first sex scene. And I must have spied way too many times (it's a very old save) that her frustration is now -5, which means I need 9 (!) more massages before anything happens.

What I'm saying is, there really needs to be a cap on this.

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
So I was wondering why I could not progress with Evelyn despite uncovering her dark secret, so I looked at the variables, and long story short... you get (-1) evelyn_sexual_frustration every time you spy on her "at work", and +1 for every massage, and you need 4 for the first sex scene. And I must have spied way too many times (it's a very old save) that her frustration is now -5, which means I need 9 (!) more massages before anything happens.

I do believe that's the point. If you let her "explore" with another man, it's much, much harder to convince her to enter into a taboo relationship with you. If you really want to enter a relationship with her, why would you ever let her have sex with another man?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

You're being punished for being a creep. That's how games should be.

• Haha
Reactions: Antosha and RustyV

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Another St.Patrick's Day is nearly here.
It's the major event of the year where fairies are part of mainstream culture.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017

This is working as intended. Here's why I designed it to work the way it does:

In most games like this, the choice of whether or not to let Thaddeus and Evelyn "interact" would set a specific boolean value (a programming term for a value that can be either true or false, but nothing else). Later, attempting to seduce Evelyn, that boolean value would be checked for its state, and if it's in the state where you let her fool around with Thaddeus, your romance attempt would not succeed.

I decided to be a little more granular, but I wanted the basic effects to be the same. Instead of a boolean, I just use a number value. Every time the two of them interact, it decreases. You need it to be at a certain level to romance her. If you let them fool around once or twice, you should still be able to get together with Evelyn, but it will cost you time. Time is going to be a valuable commodity, so this is supposed to be painful. If you let things go too far, however, you're not really supposed to be able to seduce her. The stage where you were at is like that. The game doesn't intend for you to seduce her, but it still lets the door remain open for those who are extremely dedicated. In practice, the final game won't give you enough time to recover from your situation.

So basically, I did it this way because I wanted the player to be able to recover from a mistake, at a cost.

Seen from Evelyn's perspective, she's haunted by confusing feelings for the MC. Her fling with Thaddeus distracts her from that. The more they interact, the more she thinks she might be able to escape her feelings from the MC. By letting Thaddeus have his way with her, you've given her an out. She's going to take it.

Another St.Patrick's Day is nearly here.
It's the major event of the year where fairies are part of mainstream culture.
In this thread, fairies are part of mainstream culture every day. Yay!

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Boolean? Sounds like that term was coined at Hogwarts. :geek:
1584200296121.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Antosha
4.60 star(s) 375 Votes