Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Conversation tends to slow to a crawl in this thread during the middle of the month, I've noticed. :p

I'm currently writing my ass off trying to complete as many scenes as possible. Almost all the renders have been done for a while now, but the writing was left for last. There's a lot of text in 0.6, so I'm certainly kept busy. I don't think there's been a single day since 0.5's release where I haven't worked on 0.6.

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
Threads always slow down post update, don't take it personally. All and all with 65 pages I'd say you are actually doing quite well!

Reactions: Belle

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
from what i’ve seen, ticklers, teasers, and or previews help spark some speculation and discussion.

also post release all the “need walkthrough”, “need a save”, “can’t get game to start” start flooding in you can’t forget that :p

Reactions: zazzaro

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
dont worry in two weeks every third comment is gonna be "when is the update coming"
really glad that we have something different than the "you are 18 year old guy just graduated from high school living with his 2 hot sisters and divorced/widowed even hotter mom" its one of the few games not only that have a plot going, but im actually curious what will happen.
hope once the princess comes, there is gonna be some twist which we wont expect, since MC seducing her and somehow using the knowledge about her sister is pretty obvious.
are the other girls gonna play a role for the main plot, or is it everyone their own storyline, not interfering with the others ?
few questions : is @Belle working alone on this game ? if yes is he/she planning to bring someone to help with something ? is @Belle a he or she ? and i think this one was asked and the answer is no, but does he/she have other projects done or planned for the future ? also does the dev have an idea of when he is gonna complete the game (6 months, a year) ?

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
That was a lot of questions in one go. *takes a deep breath*

also post release all the “need walkthrough”, “need a save”, “can’t get game to start” start flooding in you can’t forget that :p
I've been mercifully spared for that last one for the most part. The way I've developed this game has allowed it to remain surprisingly bug-free so far. I'm hoping to keep it that way.

hope once the princess comes, there is gonna be some twist which we wont expect, since MC seducing her and somehow using the knowledge about her sister is pretty obvious.
There are plots within plots within plots in this story. Don't worry. I'm confident you won't see all the story twists coming. :)

are the other girls gonna play a role for the main plot, or is it everyone their own storyline, not interfering with the others ?
Some are part of the main plot while others are relatively isolated. I'm planning to add scenes where characters interact with each other more in the future, but right now I'm focused on more basic interactions with the player.

few questions : is @Belle working alone on this game ? if yes is he/she planning to bring someone to help with something ?
I'm working alone on the game and I'm not looking for help. I do my best work alone. It helps that I have personal experience with all the necessary parts of game development: coding, graphics, sound, music, testing, and design.

is @Belle a he or she ?
I can reveal that I'm definitely not a pixie in real life. You heard it here first.

and i think this one was asked and the answer is no, but does he/she have other projects done or planned for the future ?
My head is constantly filled with ideas, but I'm trying not to plan anything specific. LLtP is going to keep me busy for a while. Speaking of which...

also does the dev have an idea of when he is gonna complete the game (6 months, a year) ?
I doubt the game will get finished in 2018, but I think it will get close. This is an ambitious game in its scope, and the goals that have been unlocked by the Patreon campaign have increased that scope significantly. There are still many girls that have yet to be introduced (not all of which will have as much content as others), and many locations that we have yet to visit.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I finally played this update throughly and I love how the dialogue keeps track of what Dickon knows. And at the rooftop climbing...that was a masterpiece! two ways to achieve that goal, and one that might bite the player back in a future crucial moment. @Belle don't be afraid of punishing the players for bad choices, if it will be possible give us the chance to fuck up as the saviour of the realm.
Samara's training! Heck! That would motivate anyone... also her new overlook mayde me realise the thing that I couldn't grasp about the characters appearance. This whole game reminds me at times of "Legend of the seeker" (the good parts of that tv series)

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I finally played this update throughly and I love how the dialogue keeps track of what Dickon knows.
Thanks for noticing. It's getting increasingly complicated as the number of pieces of the puzzle grows. Just today I had to go back and modify existing dialogue from a previous version so that it can respond to things that might happen in 0.6.

@Belle don't be afraid of punishing the players for bad choices, if it will be possible give us the chance to fuck up as the saviour of the realm.
I'll try, but my priority isn't to punish the player. I want choices to matter, but more in terms of rewarding the player. It's part of my game design philosophy. There will be consequences that will be considered devastating to many (one of which shows up in 0.6), but I want to be sure that the player at least feels that these consequences are fair and that they had a reasonable chance to influence them without foreknowledge of later plot developments.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
if you want a thread to go soaring you need to add the threat of NTR, always works

Reactions: wep

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Can't wait for 6, I like that you're creating characters that interact and a storyline that requires the player to pay attention to the dialogue

Jul 23, 2017
@Belle when the game is finnished and there is new game + , do you plan different dialogues with characters ? For example belle or the witch now tells him that he is useless(having spent more time on one lesson than needed). And when you have all stats nax on new game +,how bout them saying somethin among the lines of *you are way stronger than I imagined* maybe even belle joking about it or something while breaking a 4th fall *since you maxed everything on last playthrough there is nothing left to teach* and the player would be *what the hell is she talkin about?*

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Yes. If things go according to plan, there will be some rather major changes to dialogue on your second playthrough.
I'm going to be honest with you here.

After this.....

I can reveal that I'm definitely not a pixie in real life. You heard it here first.
I'm not sure I can trust what you say to be real anymore.

It's like everything I thought to be true has been shattered.

Reactions: zazzaro
4.60 star(s) 376 Votes