Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
There are major challenges to handle in both story and code for NG+ to work. It will be one of the most daunting tasks I have undertaken for this game. Acting all insulted because it's not there is not endearing and only shows a complete misunderstanding of what NG+ is going to be about in LLtP.

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
There are major challenges to handle in both story and code for NG+ to work. It will be one of the most daunting tasks I have undertaken for this game. Acting all insulted because it's not there is not endearing and only shows a complete misunderstanding of what NG+ is going to be about in LLtP.
Umm that's how you are choosing to take it. I'm not insulted, I was asking a question and mentioned a few thoughts I had that I felt it might be. You answered the question for that I am thankful for. Especially since you answered it yourself. However don't presume to know what my understanding is or isn't for anything. I think the detailed explanation at the beginning of the game explains quite well what NG+ will be. Me being excited for it and about it isn't a demonstration of misunderstandings. Nor is my general choice of language a demonstration of anything other than my online personality.

So thank you for getting back to me. I had a fucking feeling that coding would be the issue. I'm not a coder, but I'm not completely ignorant either so I assumed I might have an idea but also assumed that I could be wrong. You verify what my suspicions were.

Lastly despite this exchange, I feel that you have written one hell of a story. Arguably the best on the site. And I don't say such things lightly. When it comes to story or character development I happen to be very critical in general. So great job. I can't wait for the finished product nor can I wait for whatever your next project, if any will be. I can only hope that with lore building,, character development and story telling skills, as good as yours that you will only continue to produce content. I'll even become a Patreon that's how much I loved this story. So have a nice fucking day.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Umm that's how you are choosing to take it. I'm not insulted, I was asking a question and mentioned a few thoughts I had that I felt it might be. You answered the question for that I am thankful for. Especially since you answered it yourself. However don't presume to know what my understanding is or isn't for anything. I think the detailed explanation at the beginning of the game explains quite well what NG+ will be. Me being excited for it and about it isn't a demonstration of misunderstandings. Nor is my general choice of language a demonstration of anything other than my online personality.

So thank you for getting back to me. I had a fucking feeling that coding would be the issue. I'm not a coder, but I'm not completely ignorant either so I assumed I might have an idea but also assumed that I could be wrong. You verify what my suspicions were.

Lastly despite this exchange, I feel that you have written one hell of a story. Arguably the best on the site. And I don't say such things lightly. When it comes to story or character development I happen to be very critical in general. So great job. I can't wait for the finished product nor can I wait for whatever your next project, if any will be. I can only hope that with lore building,, character development and story telling skills, as good as yours that you will only continue to produce content. I'll even become a Patreon that's how much I loved this story. So have a nice fucking day.
It's the way you aggressively jumped in with a wrong assumption, angling it as if I was making bad choices as a developer, that was the cause of what I posted. There are good ways to post thoughts about something (such as your kind review, thank you!) that are far more tactful than that. Don't type something here that you wouldn't tell me to my face, basically.

Let me be more specific about the code thing: The code is 10% of the issue, tops. NG+ is a story thing. Think about it for a moment: When almost every story event is behind some kind of ability gate, what do you imagine will happen to the story logic if those gates are all open when you first start a new game? Many major events, or series of events, will require massive rewrites, and maybe even entirely new scenes to glue things together. It's the kind of task that a developer would have to be crazy to undertake.

Luckily, I'm crazy.

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
It's the way you aggressively jumped in with a wrong assumption, angling it as if I was making bad choices as a developer, that was the cause of what I posted. There are good ways to post thoughts about something (such as your kind review, thank you!) that are far more tactful than that. Don't type something here that you wouldn't tell me to my face, basically.

Let me be more specific about the code thing: The code is 10% of the issue, tops. NG+ is a story thing. Think about it for a moment: When almost every story event is behind some kind of ability gate, what do you imagine will happen to the story logic if those gates are all open when you first start a new game? Many major events, or series of events, will require massive rewrites, and maybe even entirely new scenes to glue things together. It's the kind of task that a developer would have to be crazy to undertake.

Luckily, I'm crazy.
Believe me, I would still say every word to your face, kind or aggressive. I happen to notice a while ago on this site that being kind or non aggressive tends to do nothing more than get you ignored the majority of the time. So I started talking more aggressively, like I would with my friends. Since then, I've been thought of as rude, but I haven't been ignored.

So basically it's all a product of the culture here. People tend to ignore or walk over anyone they feel they can but they aren't exactly alphas or brave just opportunists. When they feel you can't be ignored they tend to walk around you and acknowledge you. I'm not an asshole, nor am I a Saint but one thing I've learned as a politican is to be loud. I know how to pull on the strings that get others to pay attention.

I could try and just play nice out of the gate, but that doesn't seem to work either. It just gives the would bes just enough bravery to think they can stand up to you, then they use it as an excuse to be rude to you. No thanks strike hard strike first.

I was tactful in the review however because you deserve it. That's my real thoughts. I won't pull punches not even when I review. That just demonstrates how far you have won me over with story.

As far as the story changing. I knew it would but to the degree your considering, I didn't know. It's far more than most would. I'm not concerned however, with the way everything has turned out so far it could only get better. I did have some thoughts about that however. I noticed while playing the only way to build up maximum stats with every stat is to more or less pursue a relationship with everyone. Not that it has to remain that way. So upon thinking about it, I felt that NG+ might provide us with the opportunity to focus more on a single woman which could have a more depth relationship with them.

This is just my thoughts. Anyways good chatting you! Didn't think I would get the chance but well worth it!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Dragon59

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
Many major events, or series of events, will require massive rewrites, and maybe even entirely new scenes to glue things together. It's the kind of task that a developer would have to be crazy to undertake.
Maybe just abandon idea of NG+ and design next game with it in mind? It seems like too much hassle for LLtP with its linear-ish storytelling. People always could use gallery or replay game from the start.

• Angry
Reactions: Orlu

Racc0.0n

Sep 14, 2020
Maybe just abandon idea of NG+ and design next game with it in mind? It seems like too much hassle for LLtP with its linear-ish storytelling. People always could use gallery or replay game from the start.
Agreed, unless NG+ means more scenes with Evelyn

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
LLtP was designed with NG+ in mind from the very beginning. Don't assume that I'm making all this up as I go. For example, the big scene I'm making for this update was planned out more than three years ago. I know what I'm doing.

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
Ok I seem to be out of the loop, what is NG+?
Also will we have an MC+Belle happily ever after ending as a possible route? :)

Orlu

Dec 10, 2018
Restart the game with the MC retaining some or all of the progress they had made in the previous game (stats, maybe some magic effects, that kinda stuff). Probably tied into the story with some kinda time magic plot point. Enables access to content that won't be accessible on the first run of the game due to being stuck out of stat requirements before they're reachable and so on.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I would say it is already beyond the realm of probability.
We are heading for a bleak ending right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
I would say it is already beyond the realm of probability.
We are heading for a bleak ending right now.

Giving up a bit fast eh? You forgot to mention that there will be another chance to fight in thr kingwood where you can disrupt her with that lust spell and turn the fight around.

IT AN'T OVER UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS AND THAT BITCH IS WINDED SO SHE ISN'T SINGING!

Reactions: thewhiterider27

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Giving up a bit fast eh? You forgot to mention that there will be another chance to fight in thr kingwood where you can disrupt her with that lust spell and turn the fight around.

IT AN'T OVER UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS AND THAT BITCH IS WINDED SO SHE ISN'T SINGING!
To be totally fair there had been several options for the future, based on the decisions so far...
Evelyn could have left you and the whole coronation behind, she could have comitted "suicide" or become a slave to Tadheus.
That lust spell is also only available if you are on good terms with Primrose as it seems... and only if you asked her for help on the day before (her rotting in a cell certainly wouldn't help you here).
And you likely wouldn't be able to invade the queens mind if you didn't figure out her relationship to the Crone and their past
Nell could be in the woods and be an unexpected ally or the old and weakened Fairy Queen would be fighting for her life and loosing...
So many dark futures if you fucked up enough... yet only one bright one if your preperations were sufficient

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

By the time Dickon wakes up (after being branded a traitor) the news is already out that a Fey tried to kill the human Queen. There will be war.
Only way i can see to fix things is coming back in time with future knowledge.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
As I've pointed out before, it will be perfectly possible to achieve the best ending on your first playthrough, even without NG+. I had two core design philosophies behind the inclusion of NG+:

1) It should not be mandatory. If someone wishes to play through the game only once, they should feel fulfilled by that one playthrough.
2) NG+ must add something to the game, not just be a way for players to waste time and play the exact same game with improved stats.

What this means in practice is something you'll just have to wait and see.

I'm not about to go scorched earth and build a total downer of an ending here, by the way. We're currently at the end of act 2, the moment in the story where everything appears the darkest. The upcoming two updates represent a condensed act 3 where, quite possibly, hope may come back.

axz2

Jan 20, 2019
New Game+ Its a thing some games have where you go through it once and then get different options or abilities or some form of change for a later play through if you start the game with that option.

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
As I've pointed out before, it will be perfectly possible to achieve the best ending on your first playthrough, even without NG+. I had two core design philosophies behind the inclusion of NG+:

1) It should not be mandatory. If someone wishes to play through the game only once, they should feel fulfilled by that one playthrough.
2) NG+ must add something to the game, not just be a way for players to waste time and play the exact same game with improved stats.

What this means in practice is something you'll just have to wait and see.

I'm not about to go scorched earth and build a total downer of an ending here, by the way. We're currently at the end of act 2, the moment in the story where everything appears the darkest. The upcoming two updates represent a condensed act 3 where, quite possibly, hope may come back.
Sounds promising, what do you mean condensed though, is it shorter than Act One or Act Two?
Looking forward to the update in any case. :)

p.s. i miss the original Fairy Queen - boo hoo.

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes