Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I definitely use custom fonts.

Having said that, Mac is officially supported and available alongside every new release, and it has been since the beginning. There shouldn't be a need to build your own versions of it.

Reactions: PBS666

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I definitely use custom fonts.

Having said that, Mac is officially supported and available alongside every new release, and it has been since the beginning. There shouldn't be a need to build your own versions of it.
A lot of times on this site, the Windows version is posted/leaked before the Mac (or Linux) version, and building your own version is no big deal IMO. For me, it gives me a tiny bit of insight of what makes these games tick so that I can help out other Mac users who are having difficulties.

Lurker32

Aug 26, 2018
Possible bug in 0.35.1 - can't read books in some cases

First off, I hope that this is a good place for a bug report.

I started a new standard game (not plus) after having already played a New Game Plus. I progressed to the point where I had read one or two of the perversity books and saved the game. When I loaded the game again, I could not read the rest of these books.

It looks like patch_book_statuses in patches.rpy is fixing up book_status_1..4.

Deleting the persistent saves fixed the problem.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Possible bug in 0.35.1 - can't read books in some cases

First off, I hope that this is a good place for a bug report.

I started a new standard game (not plus) after having already played a New Game Plus. I progressed to the point where I had read one or two of the perversity books and saved the game. When I loaded the game again, I could not read the rest of these books.

It looks like patch_book_statuses in patches.rpy is fixing up book_status_1..4.

Deleting the persistent saves fixed the problem.
This bug was fixed last month in 0.35.2. I do not recommend playing 0.35.1.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
So is there incest in this game or is it removed?

Also, if there is, what are the tags? M/S and B/S?
there is incest unless you play patreon version and mc lives under same roof with his sister evelyn and after a while (and few spells) they end up having sex.

buff

May 29, 2017
there is incest unless you play patreon version and mc lives under same roof with his sister evelyn and after a while (and few spells) they end up having sex.
There's also some f/f incest, but it's pretty serious spoiler territory.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
This if from memory:
The tavern owner interrupts, then nonchalantly remarks that you can't throw a stone without hitting an inscestual couple (or similar metaphor). I saw that as not only saying it was more common that we expect in THAT world, but a commentary on how many other worlds/games use the trope.

I'd love to see a developer make use of this by having the family members go to an "IA" meeting only to find that half the town are also in the same situation.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
The tavern owner interrupts, then nonchalantly remarks that you can't throw a stone without hitting an inscestual couple (or similar metaphor). I saw that as not only saying it was more common that we expect in THAT world, but a commentary on how many other worlds/games use the trope.
It's fun to see that so many players actually picked up on this. It was meant to be both things at once, but when I wrote it, I did so with the assumption that almost nobody would even consider it to be anything more than it seems like at the surface.

Reactions: haooni and Dragon59

buff

May 29, 2017
ah yea but that's not actually in maingame just ending.
Ah, no. It's actually a major plot point that you uncover during your investigation, as it explains a lot of the mystery around the princess. There is a flashback scene that is hot as hell.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 59977

I've stated multiple times that I hope to finish LLtP this year. Whether or not that is realistic remains to be seen. There is still a lot to be done.
What exactly does finish mean here? Do you know exactly how many updates you are going to be making before you declare the game as finished?

buff

May 29, 2017
It's fun to see that so many players actually picked up on this. It was meant to be both things at once, but when I wrote it, I did so with the assumption that almost nobody would even consider it to be anything more than it seems like at the surface.
There is a game (forget which one) which has a fairly generic Daz hottie working as a clothing store clerk, and she mentions that father/daughter couples sharing dressing rooms, peeking, etc is actually encouraged. It was kind of fun to not have to play through the Same Old Clothing Store shtick again.

• Haha
Reactions: Dragon59

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
What exactly does finish mean here? Do you know exactly how many updates you are going to be making before you declare the game as finished?
It means to make the game feature-complete. I don't know how many updates it will take. Anyone playing through the game right now will easily be able to spot the parts that are missing.

buff

May 29, 2017
It means to make the game feature-complete. I don't know how many updates it will take. Anyone playing through the game right now will easily be able to spot the parts that are missing.
And shall come the Daye when the Mysterious Housewife who likes to Peep upon our Heroe and the Future Fairy Queeene shall actually come forth to the bed when summoned, and receive her just allotment of shtupping and having her face sat upon, and on this Daye we shall know the deed is done.....

• Haha
Reactions: professorx10

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Belle
Thank you for your game. It has a great story with twist and turns so good that rare book or movie can be compared with. Every character has it's own personality, investigative puzzles totally logical and they only adding more interest in the story. Two months of game time took me days to playthrough and I don't regret a minute I spent on your game. It's better than good Bioware games (like DA Origins).
Though after great story and awesome showdown I met an epilogue... It's great we can see what comes next with everyone but after player chose his LI what he/she gets? One naughty render with couple of sentences meaning "they live happily ever after". It's like after 2 months of great story, long and beautiful final battle, literally days IRL, our hero gets his reward. But player don't. I understand that game is not about destination but about the way (and what a way it is), but still it would be nice to see what comes after final conflict the same way we saw what comes before. I sincerely hope there will be satisfying epilogue in NG+ and there will be a reason for playing your game again.

Reactions: Belle
4.60 star(s) 378 Votes