Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Though after great story and awesome showdown I met an epilogue... It's great we can see what comes next with everyone but after player chose his LI what he/she gets? One naughty render with couple of sentences meaning "they live happily ever after". It's like after 2 months of great story, long and beautiful final battle, literally days IRL, our hero gets his reward. But player don't. I understand that game is not about destination but about the way (and what a way it is), but still it would be nice to see what comes after final conflict the same way we saw what comes before. I sincerely hope there will be satisfying epilogue in NG+ and there will be a reason for playing your game again.
What you describe would be waaaay too much work for way too little reward. I want to expand the epilogues a little bit, but more in terms of width than depth.

Besides, I'm a traditional storyteller. You don't want to linger too long after the story's climax (some novels take it so far as to stop a page or two after the climax resolves). The current epilogue is already pushing the limits. Making it longer wouldn't really serve much purpose except to add... more stuff. And what then? Judging by some of the feedback I've received, it sounds like what people want is to just continue playing the MC's story indefinitely. While that is flattering, it's not at all what I was aiming for with this story. What happens to the characters beyond what you're told in the epilogue is up to you. It becomes your story as much as it becomes mine.

Apr 27, 2021
First time I'm playing the game. I reviewed one or two days ago, writing it was funny and with humour. And well, today I've reached the "meeting" with The Leanan Sidhe. Whoever wrote this piece deserves an Emmy for Best Comedy, the various options with only "yes" really made me laugh hard, I didn't see them coming. Lewd and comedy is always a good union.

Reactions: Durisaz and Belle

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
First time I'm playing the game. I reviewed one or two days ago, writing it was funny and with humour. And well, today I've reached the "meeting" with The Leanan Sidhe. Whoever wrote this piece deserves an Emmy for Best Comedy, the various options with only "yes" really made me laugh hard, I didn't see them coming. Lewd and comedy is always a good union.
There was another game I played recently where the choices were:
YES!
YES!!!
RWRRRWR!

Conrad-N7

May 8, 2020
Belle
Thank you for your game. It has a great story with twist and turns so good that rare book or movie can be compared with. Every character has it's own personality, investigative puzzles totally logical and they only adding more interest in the story. Two months of game time took me days to playthrough and I don't regret a minute I spent on your game. It's better than good Bioware games (like DA Origins).
Though after great story and awesome showdown I met an epilogue... It's great we can see what comes next with everyone but after player chose his LI what he/she gets? One naughty render with couple of sentences meaning "they live happily ever after". It's like after 2 months of great story, long and beautiful final battle, literally days IRL, our hero gets his reward. But player don't. I understand that game is not about destination but about the way (and what a way it is), but still it would be nice to see what comes after final conflict the same way we saw what comes before. I sincerely hope there will be satisfying epilogue in NG+ and there will be a reason for playing your game again.
OK, this game is good but not THAT good to call it better than DAO. Sounds like obvious attempt at point scoring

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
OK, this game is good but not THAT good to call it better than DAO. Sounds like obvious attempt at point scoring
Seriously? Are you arguing about opinion? Are you saying your opinion is better than mine?
If you don't get it let me explain. Every product (song, movie, game) leaves an impression. That impression is exclusively personal. Someone can be a fan of some product while another one hate it to the bone. That's not the case clearly, 'cause I like DAO. But in LLtP I don't need to evade some topics in conversation with some man if I don't want to accidentally began romance with that guy. So in that regard LLtP is way better than DAO.

• Angry
Reactions: johndoe19

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
It's a weird comparison, but I forced myself to beat DAO, but finished this just fine.

Not even kidding, I played the game, got bored, downloaded a ton of mods and played the mods, then after I finished those mods, I decided, fuck it, I'll just finish the game.

MordinSolus

Sep 25, 2016
Ok playing this for the first time, the way finding the secrets and accusations clue system works when invading mind is actually some really cool game design. This is a fucking fantastic way to make an adventure game. I'd play the shit out of a detective game that was built like this, sex or no sex.

Sep 1, 2017
someday, in the meantime either dl pc version and extract it and copy it's \game folder to mac's game folder and play or dl pc version and renpysdk for mac and play pc version via that.
Yeah but I will have to redo the whole game again since I played it on the mac version

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
If the only harem end is to become a "villain".

Damn, the dark knight had already warned.

You either die like a hero, or live long enough to become a villain.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Quick Questions.
How much of the game is completed?
How often does it get updated?
1 - the main body of the game is completed, including the story. What's being worked on at the moment are some extras, like more romance for one of the characters.
2 - That's a little bit more difficult. Maybe every 2 months at this stage. That's not a bad thing, as its allowing Belle more time to do scenes properly.

Towik

Nov 20, 2018
:alien:
Hmm trying to get back into the game but it seems my save is from 08.09.2019 (DD.MM.YY)
Can anyone tell me do I go after 36 day in the 31v2.pdf or earlier than 36... I think I'm completely lost o__o

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hmm trying to get back into the game but it seems my save is from 08.09.2019 (DD.MM.YY)
Can anyone tell me do I go after 36 day in the 31v2.pdf or earlier than 36... I think I'm completely lost o__o
days don't mean anything, you can goto day 40 or longer if you want, just when starting endgame you need to have pacified nell and have others on your side and primrose shouldn't be jail (just in case, dunno if dev fixed that) and on endgame you just need to make sure that you have asked help from right ppls (incl. fairies).

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes