Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Yes. Originally, I had made minor modifications that I'm confident wouldn't have affected it (not my first rodeo). But seeing your post, I just made sure with both a fresh install (v39.1SS) AND a fresh save. Not even unren'd or console enabled. It took longer than expected to replay everything, but I wanted to make sure I didn't provide you faulty information.

I just progressed with the walkthrough to around the first leanan sex encounter, then focused on callie (and obligatory leanan) until the picnic and girlfriend night scene. From there I made Evelyn seduce callie, and evelyn is successful despite callie being in the relationship. I think it probably locks you out of the full on three way relationship/night scene, but it certainly does not stop callie and evelyn from going at it during the day.

Here's the clean save from right before asking Evelyn to seduce Callie.
This is weird as hell. The code fully supports your experience, so it seems you are correct in your observation. What's really bothering me is that I could have sworn that I wrote dialogue for Evelyn heading out to meet Callie, only to later return and explain that she was rejected. But I can't find anything like that in the code as written.

Guess I'll just have to add this to the list of things that need expanding. Once Callie becomes your GF, any threesome scenes are meant to be locked away unless there is something I'm forgetting. The only way you're meant to be able to initiate the threesomes is if you began doing them before reaching the relationship point with Callie.

But I may be remembering things wrong. Making a note of this to look at it later.

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
This is weird as hell. The code fully supports your experience, so it seems you are correct in your observation. What's really bothering me is that I could have sworn that I wrote dialogue for Evelyn heading out to meet Callie, only to later return and explain that she was rejected. But I can't find anything like that in the code as written.

Guess I'll just have to add this to the list of things that need expanding.
Yea, I figured as much but I didn't want to presume. I was actually very reluctant to bring it up at first. But having familiarized myself with the code and noticing great attention to detail everywhere else at acknowledging such things, I was fairly confident this rather big one (given callie personality implications) wasn't on purpose. Sorry for the additional work.

Kirel

Mar 18, 2018
You can definitely get a 3-way relationship with Evelyn and Callie which is reflected in the epilogues...

ctiberious

Feb 18, 2019
Not sure if this has been mentioned before or if it's even a bug. I'm playing NG+ and got to the belltower scene with Nell. I've already got maxed out stats, meaning Agility 6. One of the options with Nell is locked saying it needs Agility 5.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Not sure if this has been mentioned before or if it's even a bug. I'm playing NG+ and got to the belltower scene with Nell. I've already got maxed out stats, meaning Agility 6. One of the options with Nell is locked saying it needs Agility 5.
what scene exactly? scene in that house's bedroom isn't in yet i think.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
There are actually two menus behind the scenes, though they are intended to look the same. The first one was designed to only tease you with options during the first playthrough and wasn't designed with NG+ in mind. Those options are not genuine, and it would take some effort to get them to work properly.

My current plan is to get rid of that first menu entirely, removing any confusion stemming from it. You are supposed to climb with Nell twice before you get to do any naughty stuff with her, and that will continue to be true in the future, even for NG+.

Reactions: Akachan and Wyrme

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
Finished the game, overall I enjoyed it more than most. Strongest quality by far that separates this from the pack is event tracking. Makes you feel like choices matter when dialogue always changes to reflect your progress and decisions.

(VAGUE END SPOILERS WARNING AHEAD)
Only disappointment was that the evil harem route, despite being the only harem route, was comparatively short and didn't acknowledge pregnancies. Though if a future good harem route eventually gets created (NG+ exclusive?), it could probably alleviate that. A good harem path could even reuse pregnancy images from other routes.

A scenario like say a new charismatic king with knowledge of the royal dirty secret could convince the queen to allow him additional partners just as he does her? Or even just one, like say sister for sister given she already lives/works with them. Heck it'd make them closer to know they share the same secret. You'd almost expect her to accept if he was smart enough to ask. The charisma check would probably be for Evelyn, who already is said to be understanding of political ambitions.

I know I'm annoying but just a thought. ;)

How can I see this scene?
Get to where you cast morph sexuality on her, which requires proceeding with the leanan quest and uncovering callie's secrets. Then after a few naked costume shows in her store to get her acclimated, ask for sex. If done correctly, this allows scene 3 if you visit that night. From there, work on her affection (if not already high enough) by working at her store and doing more private shows. Once you have enough, she should invite you to a picnic on your next store visit, triggering this scene (that makes her your girlfriend). I believe you're locked out of it if you pursue the threeway though.

Last edited:

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
(VAGUE END SPOILERS WARNING AHEAD)
Only disappointment was that the evil harem route, despite being the only harem route, was comparatively short and didn't acknowledge pregnancies. Though if a future good harem route eventually gets created (NG+ exclusive?), it could probably alleviate that. A good harem path could even reuse pregnancy images from other routes.

A scenario like say a new charismatic king with knowledge of the royal dirty secret could convince the queen to allow him additional partners just as he does her? Or even just one, like say sister for sister given she already lives/works with them. Heck it'd make them closer to know they share the same secret. You'd almost expect her to accept if he was smart enough to ask. The charisma check would probably be for Evelyn, who already is said to be understanding of political ambitions.
Do you want a war of succession? Because that's how you get wars of succession.

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
Do you want a war of succession? Because that's how you get wars of succession.
If we bark up that tree, it's already plausible regardless. The royal path involves two girls with direct royal lineage. Both of which on most playthroughs get pregnant at around the same time. Throwing in another mistress (or mistresses) with far far more dubious claims to the throne wouldn't really notably aggravate the risks as the most likely allegiances would go to those two. Especially given connections to the throne would be incredibly hard for the rest to prove in that era. If somehow they could, they're probably more a threat on the paths where MC abandons them with his child than those where he advocates on their behalf.

That said, political conflicts for the throne are bound to happen regardless. In this instance, I'd say it's all pretty unlikely given what was said about every girl. The only one that would have both aspiration and competence is Evelyn. And she's also the most loyal one to both MC and the crown apart from maybe Samarra to the latter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyrme

ctiberious

Feb 18, 2019
I think I've come across a bug. If you follow the path to get Primrose to fall in love with you but fail to prove her innocence before day 24, once you do give Samarra the proof to get Primrose out of jail you're never presented with the "Accept her advances" option and she never asks you to meet her at night. Instead she gives you 50 copper. It doesn't seem to matter what her various opinions of you are at this point.

Reactions: Wyrme
4.60 star(s) 377 Votes