Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Hi Developer I couldn't see any other ways of contacting you so I'm replying to this your most recent forum post. I found an error when Val is talking about wanting to keep her being futa secret; she refers to me by the default surname even though I changed it.
Thank you for pointing this out. I went over the dialogue during that scene and could not find a coding error. Could you please post a screen shot of the place where this happened?

Much to my disgust I found a gross spelling error at the end of the update where I misspelled "somersault". That will show up as corrected for the next update.

gingisep

Aug 6, 2020
What wall of text are you referring to?
this is my general feeling on the game and it just explain my personal taste, sorry if its a bit superficial.

Narrative is overall verbose:
options are deeply explained and there is a lot to read before going on.

Having a lot of information at hand does not mean I'm able to do a better choice on the game path, so after it happens once or twice in the game, I just go "TL;DR" and click randomly.

Many of the explanation had little impact on how I perceive the choices,
or simply I couldn't remember that there was a connection at all between one choice and one of the scene.

Some time has passed since I tried out the game, so this can be inaccurate now... I felt some of the text was more concerned with explaining the situation more than telling me the facts and let me elaborate the meaning of what happens.

After a while I realized to enjoy games with more exploration options than explanatory ones (like: let the player choose if I want an explanation from a character, by asking her, rather than having the text just pop out between scenes).

Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
this is my general feeling on the game and it just explain my personal taste, sorry if its a bit superficial.

Narrative is overall verbose:
options are deeply explained and there is a lot to read before going on.

Having a lot of information at hand does not mean I'm able to do a better choice on the game path, so after it happens once or twice in the game, I just go "TL;DR" and click randomly.

Many of the explanation had little impact on how I perceive the choices,
or simply I couldn't remember that there was a connection at all between one choice and one of the scene.

Some time has passed since I tried out the game, so this can be inaccurate now... I felt some of the text was more concerned with explaining the situation more than telling me the facts and let me elaborate the meaning of what happens.

After a while I realized to enjoy games with more exploration options than explanatory ones (like: let the player choose if I want an explanation from a character, by asking her, rather than having the text just pop out between scenes).
Thank you...appreciate your feedback.

I experimented with the explanation of the choices as a way to make sure the reader knew what he/she is choosing in lieu of having a walkthrough. I can see how this would put off some people when they just want to click through the game and not have to read a lot of explanations.

My narrative is verbose in this game because that's just how I write and I'm making this game to please myself. However, I will certainly remember this kind of feedback when I go to make my next game, which will be a commercial venture.

gingisep

Aug 6, 2020
Thank you...appreciate your feedback.
I'm happy it has some value to you.

I experimented with the explanation of the choices as a way to make sure the reader knew what he/she is choosing in lieu of having a walkthrough. I can see how this would put off some people when they just want to click through the game and not have to read a lot of explanations.
This is a noble intent, and now that I could acknowledge the reason, I can also appreciate the effort.

I'd probably try out some non-verbal hint/method since your style is already text intense, and it mixes up with the game flow.
RPG games have the "New Game + " to add extra content or to test different paths without having to fully replay the whole thing from scratch.

My narrative is verbose in this game because that's just how I write and I'm making this game to please myself. However, I will certainly remember this kind of feedback when I go to make my next game, which will be a commercial venture.
I'm a strong supporter of defining your own style over following the readers liking.
Besides the personal nature of this project ... you can't win everyone anyway.

I'm not against verbosity itself, but the lack of choice on how deep I can go into the game.

This is something VN has as and advantage over books, with dialogue options or "free roam" scenes: you can use it to fully express yourself.

Apr 29, 2021
Thank you for pointing this out. I went over the dialogue during that scene and could not find a coding error. Could you please post a screen shot of the place where this happened?

Much to my disgust I found a gross spelling error at the end of the update where I misspelled "somersault". That will show up as corrected for the next update.
Here is the requested image. I changed the surname to Smith.

Parnell instead of Smith.jpg

Vreek

Apr 8, 2020
Peach working... I know we're not there yet but does extra-dimensional sex goddess have a 401(k)? Or is it more of a philanthropist/vigilante thing like the Batman?

Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Peach working... I know we're not there yet but does extra-dimensional sex goddess have a 401(k)? Or is it more of a philanthropist/vigilante thing like the Batman?
Goddesses don't need money, but the family does since so many daughters are on the way and that house only has four bedrooms. I do have a plan for that.

Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Update Report and Preview

Well, fuck.

Had a technical disaster and lost all but the original Chapter 1 User Data files that were fortunately backed up elsewhere, so not everything was lost. I'll have to redo a lot of the newer characters and the old house is gone...forever.

Just have to make lemonade out of lemons. Looks like the plan to move the family to a new place has been accelerated. Please be patient as I'll be designing new sets. Since I'll be doing my three hour commute to work starting next week, that will put a serious dent into development time as family is prioritized.

Will keep you all updated.

Last edited:

BOBJevent

Feb 23, 2020

Well, fuck.

Had a technical disaster and lost all but the original Chapter 1 User Data files that were fortunately backed up elsewhere, so not everything was lost. I'll have to redo a lot of the newer characters and the old house is gone...forever.

Just have to make lemonade out of lemons. Looks like the plan to move the family to a new place has been accelerated. Please be patient as I'll be designing new sets. Since I'll be doing my three hour commute to work starting next week, that will put a serious dent into development time as family is prioritized.

Nooo! I feel for ya and we can be patient. On the bright side new house, new adventure. :)

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018

Well, fuck.

Tawny Fairquim Frolics looks like the Bunny Goddess wanted to move the family early.;):LOL::ROFLMAO:

With the Joke out of the way, the lose of the older files sucks but look on the bright side you get to do the house move in the story earlier than you wanted and you can do a little remastering of anything you lost.;)

Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
In the area where I dwell, we all live with the awareness that on any given day during the warm season a tornado can destroy your entire material lives in a heartbeat, so that's what's going to destroy the family home. But Mother and Peach will survive and Mother will make sure her prized toy collection was saved!

Vreek

Apr 8, 2020

Well, fuck.

I feel your pain Sir.
Shameless plug time...
5lypje.jpg

3.70 star(s) 50 Votes