motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Not a jarhead, nor American, but thanks! I (same continent) was the idiot half sticking out of the top of a tank with a 50 cal & in charge, but hoping that snipers didn't get me before we "buttoned down" if you want a movie reference to my job, watch "Fury", I was Brad Pitt... (also an avid motorcyclist) {Best Fucking Job!} We used to throw empties at the grunts (infantry) as we passed them laughing "Why walk, when you can drive!" But our battle life expectantcy is 34 seconds... Kill or be killed, with most of us ending in a fiery death, by tank or rpg...

And yes pregnant Milky Boobs rule!!! Hey, they can still wear leather chaps when their knocked up, just gotta hold on differently from the "bitch pad" and best part is that the vibrations on a hardtail will pretty much guarantee early labour... (not sure if that's better for the ol' lady or you?) [I guess less hostile pickles & ice cream runs at 3am is a good thing...]
I had a bike for a while but can't claim to have been a "biker" and when in service I was the sniper who got the sniper before he got you. So, still, Semper Fidelis and a BooYah for ya, bro.

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Triumph, but yes, UK bikes, the 2nd best in the world, Triumph, Norton & BSA rock! Make great choppers!!!
Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, from the people that brought you Pearl Harbor...
Triumph, my bad. Another great motorcycle maker. I've never had the opportunity to own any motorcycle myself. It was always a luxury expense that was just out of reach and I was never mechanically inclined enough to build one from junk yard parts so while I have ridden, I have never owned my own. Being American, my favorites have always been HD and Indian but I like the newer Victory bikes too. If I were ever to ride now with my arthritic spine it would HAVE to be a soft tail. For international bikes I love Triumph and Norton. We had a few folks that rode both in my neighborhood growing up. After seeing Trinity ride one in the Matrix, I'm partial to those Ducati bikes now too.

As much as I love motorcycles and biker culture, I've only ever been a hang around. I'm a retired professional bassist so my vehicle of choice was always a van or pick up truck to haul all of those heavy ass speakers and other gear from gig to gig but I do love the biker culture... In fact, the coolest gig I ever played was opening for Steppenwolf at Arizona Bike Week back in 2003 or 2004... memory is a bit burnt these days...:sneaky: Too much great bud and several too many hard hits to the head!

However, like Ringo sang, I get by, get high, gonna try with a little help from my friends... I was fortunate enough to have friends who rode and had more than one bike! So, I have ridden a Norton Commando and Triumph Spitfire from the 70's as well as several HD bikes too. Riding a motorcycle is one of the most freeing feelings you can experience, almost like flying! I love it! But, I'm way too old and crippled these days for such dreams. So, I live vicariously through my fantasies, like playing Long Road Home.:devilish:

BTW... I loved Fury! One of my all time favorite war films. You were a tanker? That is awesome... Rolling over whatever is in your way and blowing the enemy to kingdom come! Too bad that job comes with a huge bullseye painted on you though... My job as a Marine was Field Water Purification and Supply which put us in the rear with the gear but also with a huge bullseye painted on us. I was fortunate not to have been to war with my enlistment spanning the middle 1980's.

Anyway... old Phat is just rambling at this point... Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:devilish:(y)

Here come Willow and Jessy... I think they need some lovin'! Happy Trails, y'all!:devilish:
Base Profile Screenshot 2022.05.13 - 14.42.23.95.png

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Damn, didn't know lots you dudes were vets, now i feel like Marty Mcfy with a stupid cowboy costume

View attachment 2402192
Hahaha... that's... colorful :eek: But, seriously, thanks for the respect. I'm sure the others appreciate it too. The military changes you whether you see combat or not. Pullin' the trigger is a whole different thing... that we won't go into. But, it sounds like you were the real deal with the biker scene which makes us brothers in arms... at least in my book! Cuir Dia na fìrean, brother. (It means, "God send the faithful.")

SSBBSNAKE

Jul 27, 2017
Sorry to dissapoint you there mate, my gramps and my older uncle, did were in the military service in the 60s and 90s respectively, and i did have some biker like friends, i mean, some guys with random bikes that hang out, and me, a black sheep with a beat up 70s Malibu, but for me were good days, and the best car in the world xD

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
While we seem to be sharing I'd like to point out.
Like some others here I wasn't in the forces.
I had tried but seems I'm physically built for sprinting not distance.
And despite what some films would have you believe it do's matter more about how long it takes you and not aslong as you finish.
And as my last training sargent told me after a 10 mile training Run 4hr's + and a groin strain isn't acceptable.
Bit embarrassing when you consider that 1/3 of my family were military in one service or another.
I tried Both Army and Airforce but I wasn't gonna try the Navy not because I have anything against them.
I'm just shit scared of Big Fish.

And sadly had to eventually give up bikes since for years I couldn't afford to take my test.
Plus the local coppers where geting fed up of pulling me over taking me to court getting me baned and then stopping me again one day later.
Personaly I think resorting to threating me with jail time the next time they caught me to get me to stop was going a little overboard.
I don't know honestly some coppers have no staying power.
Well I sorted that problem out I moved.

So anyway after 15 years they finally wore me down and I gave up bike's which were mainly British or Japanese Imports incase your wondering.
And I settled down to live the straight and narrow by becoming a white Van man :ROFLMAO:.
Never lost my love of bilke's though Probaly why I like this game so much although the Girls and the writing might play apart aswell but I have a slight suspicion it's probably mainly the Girls .:devilish:

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Triumph, but yes, UK bikes, the 2nd best in the world, Triumph, Norton & BSA rock! Make great choppers!!!
Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, from the people that brought you Pearl Harbor...
you forgot bmw, ducati and aprilia. while harleys are popular that's mostly in yankeeland and others are elsewhere and somewhat in yankeeland too.

Reactions: motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Sorry to dissapoint you there mate, my gramps and my older uncle, did were in the military service in the 60s and 90s respectively, and i did have some biker like friends, i mean, some guys with random bikes that hang out, and me, a black sheep with a beat up 70s Malibu, but for me were good days, and the best car in the world xD
Well then... we'll just adopt you. o_O:cool::ROFLMAO:

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
While we seem to be sharing I'd like to point out.
Like some others here I wasn't in the forces.
I had tried but seems I'm physically built for sprining not distance.
And despite what some films would have you believe it do's matter more about how long it takes you and not aslong as you finish.
And as my last training sargent told me after a 10 mile training Run 4hr's + and a groin strain isn't acceptable.
Bit embarrassing when you consider that 1/3 of my family were military in one service or another.
I tried Both Army and Airforce but I wasn't gonna try the Navy not because I have anything against them.
I'm just shit scared of Big Fish.

And sadly had to give up bikes since for years I couldn't afford to take my test.
Plus the local coppers where geting fed up of pulling me over taking me to court getting me baned and then stopping me again one day later.
Personaly I think threating me with jail time if the next time caught me to get me to stop was going a little overboard.
I don't know honestly some coppers have no staying power.
Well sorted that problem out I moved.

So anyway after 15 years they finally wore me down and I gave up bike's which were mainly British or Japanese Imports incase your wondering.
And I settled down to live the straight and narrow by becoming a white Van man :ROFLMAO:.
Never lost my love of bilke's though Probaly why I like this game so much although the Girls and the writing might play apart aswell but I have a slight suspicion it's probably mainly the Girls .:devilish:
I never made it past MEPS. I did have problems with the duck walk, but the thing that got me kicked out was I was a ward of the state and was forced on anti-depressants. I never got the memo to lie. I've been told by others that made it in they lied a lot. I have always held integrity most of my life.

Gibro

Jun 11, 2017
I never made it past MEPS. I did have problems with the duck walk, but the thing that got me kicked out was I was a ward of the state and was forced on anti-depressants. I never got the memo to lie. I've been told by others that made it in they lied a lot. I have always held integrity most of my life.
At least you tried to join, some don't even get that far. I don't down anyone that didn't served, but we are a rare bred.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
I lasted about 4 weeks into bootcamp/training for the Norwegian navy (out of 6 weeks required). My physical condition was far from top-notch, and half-way through bootcamp, I managed to get an infection in my ankle that required me to rest for a few days (with antibiotics). This infection, as I learned, is pretty common due to how the army boots fit, and about half of all recruits get this type of infection at some point. I never really recovered properly, and got a medical discharge after that.

At the time I "served", we had conscription to military service for a minimum of one year of service (this has been more relaxed since then), but if I had an easier choice back then, I would've preferred the alternative civilian service (which was possible, but you had to jump through a series of hoops to get into, and I just couldn't be bothered). Also, since this was during peacetime, my chance of getting into combat was pretty much zero, so I let it slide.

Kudos to those who have the mental strength for active service, even though "upper management" shouldn't be too eager to put "lower" people into such situations, in my opinion.

eyethotknot

May 15, 2019
I'm too vertically challenged to sit most bikes, so I never gave it serious thought. I think I am better off for not trying. My brother rode a blue and white Triumph in the 70's, but eventually gave it up. Not sure why he stopped riding. He kept the bike but just basically let it rot in the garage.

My bro never served in the military, but I eventually joined in the late 80's and served until the mid 90's. Got to play in the sand for a bit, but was mostly a REMF for all of my time on active duty...nearly all of it in Germany. I did AVIM/Depot work on Cobra and Apache helos electrical, targeting and weapons systems.

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Nice, the update is almost finished.
Dimitri57 said:
All the major stuff is done. I'm going over and over the script for debug/spelling/grammar errors. When I play it through, it still feels choppy to me. I'm tweaking the sequence of the events and making small transition scenes to tie things together in a logical order. Plus, during play throughs, I'm finding plot gaps that I'm addressing. That's what happens when you weave a multithreaded story. I should have it out to the top tier Paterons next week.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
OBD's story, "The Long Road Home", and the tone of this thread have drawn many who have served or desired to serve. A simple adult visual novel filled with tattas and tushies meant to tantalize and titilate. Yet, it has inspired short confessions skirting some of the deepest moments in the lives of many here. Why? I think the tale of a modern day warrior and the free-spirited lifestyle of the one-percenter, combined with a yarn well spun, have touched the "crimson chord" so to speak. Kudos to Dimitri, Phat and the many regulars of the thread for creating a mind-space of worth. You don't have to be "woke" to understand what a "safe space" is. For me, "The Long Road Home" feels a little shorter here.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Nice, the update is almost finished.
Can I ask where you got that from I'm not saying its wrong but was it from a PM.
I only ask because your quote thats shown in your post has no Link to it like you get with normal posted quotes?.
So I can't click to find when it was dated.
And since as far as I can tell his last post on Patreon was 31/Jan/23 and it was about 0.9.1 and his Mega subscription? I is a little confused.
Don't get me wrong but as one of his top tires I would love nothing better than to get a hold of 1.0 next week.
I'm just supprised he hasn't yet told us on patreon about this I know he said it hopefully was due in Fed but that was Jan 24th he posted that.
So basically do you have some kind of pivate hotline to Dimitri57 that we should all be jealous of ?.:devilish:

Last edited:

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Can I ask where you got that from I'm not saying its wrong but was it from a PM.
I only ask because your quote thats shown in your post has no Link to it like you get with normal posted quotes?.
So I can't click to find when it was dated.
And since as far as I can tell his last post on Patreon was 31/Jan/23 and it was about 0.9.1 and his Mega subscription? I is a little confused.
Don't get me wrong but as one of his top tires I would love nothing better than to get a hold of 1.0 next week.
I'm just supprised he hasn't yet told us on patreon about this I know he said it hopefully was due in Fed but that was Jan 24th he posted that.
So basically do you have some kind of pivate hotline to Dimitri57 that we should all be jealous of ?.:devilish:
Yeah it was from a PM, I messaged him yesterday asking if he had any news he could share about the update. That was his reply. Here's the normal message.
Hey, it's going well. All the major stuff is done. I'm going over and over the script for debug/spelling/grammar errors. When I play it through, it still feels choppy to me. I'm tweaking the sequence of the events and making small transition scenes to tie things together in a logical order. Plus, during play throughs, I'm finding plot gaps that I'm addressing. That's what happens when you weave a multithreaded story. I should have it out to the top tier Paterons next week.
I just thought some people would like to know.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Yeah it was from a PM, I messaged him yesterday asking if he had any news he could share about the update. That was his reply. Here's the normal message.

I just thought some people would like to know.
Cool thought it was a PM and BTW your spot on when it comes to this game and this thred we can't get enough INFO on when the next Installment might be :).
P.S. don't tell Dimitri57 but when I say we I'm including Patreons

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
OBD's story, "The Long Road Home", and the tone of this thread have drawn many who have served or desired to serve. A simple adult visual novel filled with tattas and tushies meant to tantalize and titilate. Yet, it has inspired short confessions skirting some of the deepest moments in the lives of many here. Why? I think the tale of a modern day warrior and the free-spirited lifestyle of the one-percenter, combined with a yarn well spun, have touched the "crimson chord" so to speak. Kudos to Dimitri, Phat and the many regulars of the thread for creating a mind-space of worth. You don't have to be "woke" to understand what a "safe space" is. For me, "The Long Road Home" feels a little shorter here.
Well said, brother. Semper Fidelis. Claim your prize... Kisses from our sweet Katy or other fab femme of your choosing:love:
Base Profile Screenshot 2022.12.27 - 12.52.18.62.png
Jessy and Willow said they want in on that action too!!!:devilish:
Jessy and Willow extra hot and spicy.jpg

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes