Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Not counting bug fixes or the original post, we've received 13 major updates over the three years this game has been posting here. So, that averages out to be approximately 4 major updates per year. This is the finale' upon which we currently wait so it may take more than Dima's usual 4 month interval but I think September is a bit far off. I'm thinking middle of August, possibly the end of July. It just depends on Dima and how well the development is progressing. So, rather than debate what we don't know, let's ask Dima instead... Hey brother, calling Dimitri57 please. Would you be so kind as to give a clue as to your current progress with the finale'??? That would be much appreciated. I'm generally the one telling everyone else that we will get the fucking update when we get the fucking update but I'd be lying if I said I'm not eagerly anxious to see the conclusion and chomping at the bit like a prized stallion wanting to see the end you have for us... So, just a few crumbs for we humble beggars, good sir??? Please???

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat:cool:(y)
I'm just back from the "Redneck Riviera". (Panama City Beach, FL) The Ol'lady, her younger sister and I took the 5 youngest grandkids to the beach for a week. We are sending them all back to their parents tomorrow. (Yay!) :LOL:

Now that family obligations are met, I can get back to the salt mine and get an update completed! (y)

I will get a decent size update out this month. The deal is that it won't be everything I need wrapped up for Chapter 1 so that means episode 10 will be in three parts. Not ideal, but there are so many loose ends that need to be addressed. I'd rather split it than do a half-assed job on important events in the story. It's either that or wait until I have everything I want complete. (I don't have a good handle on how long that would be.)

I'm adventuring on! :)

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
yeah i know it is .. i've played since the game started ..... just worried it was over .. like sooo many other awesome games :unsure:
makes me happy its still rocking :love:
It's far from over my friend. I have two note pads of main story events to work through and another one for side events. The thing is, while I'm working the main story line, ideas for new events pop in my head. I think I have easily enough for three chapters before MC attains his ultimate position.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It had been far too long since Della hung out with Kat. Kat apparently grew a pair since they last met... Hahaha:ROFLMAO:
Either that... or she just saw red and acted under the influence of all that adrenaline...
Whatever the case, I let Kat have her revenge... every single time I play through that part.
I've looked at the other way to resolve the scene. I've looked at all the opposite resolutions now but...
Kat gets her revenge in every save.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I'm just back from the "Redneck Riviera". (Panama City Beach, FL) The Ol'lady, her younger sister and I took the 5 youngest grandkids to the beach for a week. We are sending them all back to their parents tomorrow. (Yay!) :LOL:

Now that family obligations are met, I can get back to the salt mine and get an update completed! (y)

I will get a decent size update out this month. The deal is that it won't be everything I need wrapped up for Chapter 1 so that means episode 10 will be in three parts. Not ideal, but there are so many loose ends that need to be addressed. I'd rather split it than do a half-assed job on important events in the story. It's either that or wait until I have everything I want complete. (I don't have a good handle on how long that would be.)

I'm adventuring on! :)
Three parts is fine, brother. Do four or five if you must. Just don't leave out any of the good stuff I know you have in store for us! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Good to hear that you and the family are well, my friend. Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
It's far from over my friend. I have two note pads of main story events to work through and another one for side events. The thing is, while I'm working the main story line, ideas for new events pop in my head. I think I have easily enough for three chapters before MC attains his ultimate position.
ok so don't bite the dust before we get it all please :sneaky:

llAzurusll

Oct 6, 2022
Heres to you making sure to take long enough breaks and rest and hydrate properly.

We love this game but its not worth your health so if youre ever stressing about timelines/deadlines then take a break, we can wait a bit longer.

Reactions: Dimitri57

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Wait, part 1? its not over? ahem well now ima be sad when i get the "Thats all folks" screen
The size the game is getting too large. When chapter one is complete, chapter two will carry over the same characters into the next phase of MC's progression within the Rogues.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
The size the game is getting too large. When chapter one is complete, chapter two will carry over the same characters into the next phase of MC's progression within the Rogues.
How will the bridging occur? Will Chapter 1 saves be able to be opened in "Chapter 2", will a set of inputs need to be made by the player, or will there be a "bridging file" the way it was done in Sunshine Love?

That second option is really difficult to do if you've gone multiple routes and have to spend an hour setting up variables from each old route into the next chapter, since it is, effectively, a separate VN if handled that way.

Reactions: PapaPhat

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
How will the bridging occur? Will Chapter 1 saves be able to be opened in "Chapter 2", will a set of inputs need to be made by the player, or will there be a "bridging file" the way it was done in Sunshine Love?

That second option is really difficult to do if you've gone multiple routes and have to spend an hour setting up variables from each old route into the next chapter, since it is, effectively, a separate VN if handled that way.
I haven't decided. I've seen it handled a couple ways in other AVN's. I'll opt for the cleanest, least PITA for me and for the player.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I haven't decided. I've seen it handled a couple ways in other AVN's. I'll opt for the cleanest, least PITA for me and for the player.
Brother, Honestly, I have played many AVN titles in multiple parts now. Some require an end of act save file from the previous version/day/week/act/chapter/season/wtf ever they want to call it; others allow anyone to start in the new content with only a few questions up front. With as many different choices as we have to log into act one of LRH, (Early choices in the first chapter like who we did or didn't fuck, JD's fate, Red choices vs Blue, Chloe path or not after the bar fight, Quack's fate, to kill or not to kill, Leelee/not Leelee, Angel/not Angel, decisions with Jay's ol'lady, how did we handle the baby conversation with Katy and a bunch more that are swimming around in my head like sharks right now...) if my opinion matters at all, my vote is to require the end of act save transfer like Ataegina and Tales from the Unending Void rather than play 20 questions before seeing the new content. Pretty sure that the questions route is the easiest to code as I understand it but requiring the act one save transfer to start act two ensures that all your players know the story and aren't just skimming or cheesing their way into act two without knowing chapter one.

Ultimately, it's always your game, your call, 100%, my friend. Just pitching in my two cents worth of thinking out loud.
Hahaha:ROFLMAO: Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)
Rogues Forever, Forever Rogues(y)
base profile 1873900_finepieceofass.jpg

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
From my own personal situation don't split, I can and would download the whole thing every update.

From the technical one the only difference between asking the player a bunch of questions and have a save transfer system (one way or another) is simple in the first one the player needs to know all his decision. I would have a trouble remembering everyone of them, if it is only "Have done Yor X?". I would need for some of them a little more explanation than that.

Also you're already doing update patch, so it isn't the same situation as if there wouldn't be one.

Of course this are just my two cents to this topic.

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
Brother, Honestly, I have played many AVN titles in multiple parts now. Some require an end of act save file from the previous version/day/week/act/chapter/season/wtf ever they want to call it; others allow anyone to start in the new content with only a few questions up front. With as many different choices as we have to log into act one of LRH, (Early choices in the first chapter like who we did or didn't fuck, JD's fate, Red choices vs Blue, Chloe path or not after the bar fight, Quack's fate, to kill or not to kill, Leelee/not Leelee, Angel/not Angel, decisions with Jay's ol'lady, how did we handle the baby conversation with Katy and a bunch more that are swimming around in my head like sharks right now...) if my opinion matters at all, my vote is to require the end of act save transfer like Ataegina and Tales from the Unending Void rather than play 20 questions before seeing the new content. Pretty sure that the questions route is the easiest to code as I understand it but requiring the act one save transfer to start act two ensures that all your players know the story and aren't just skimming or cheesing their way into act two without knowing chapter one.

Ultimately, it's always your game, your call, 100%, my friend. Just pitching in my two cents worth of thinking out loud.
Hahaha:ROFLMAO: Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)
Rogues Forever, Forever Rogues(y)
View attachment 2762924
The problem with the 20 questions (or whatever) is my memory is swiss cheese and I might have forgotten what some of the choices I made. If it isn't if I had sex with this woman, then I wouldn't be sure.

I'm fine with whatever the decision is, but I've had no problem loading saves from what chapter/part to another.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1689148085091.png

Everybody loves MC ... this is the only way. Start it with everyone in the game.
If anyone wants to ask questions, have players check who THEY LEFT BEHIND.
In a game where
MC is a war vet who is known to butt heads to NOT LEAVE ANYONE BEHIND,
we can WEED OUT THE TRAITORS IN THIS THREAD.

Reactions: Dimitri57

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
From my own personal situation don't split, I can and would download the whole thing every update.

From the technical one the only difference between asking the player a bunch of questions and have a save transfer system (one way or another) is simple in the first one the player needs to know all his decision. I would have a trouble remembering everyone of them, if it is only "Have done Yor X?". I would need for some of them a little more explanation than that.

Also you're already doing update patch, so it isn't the same situation as if there wouldn't be one.

Of course this are just my two cents to this topic.
same with me, size doesn't matter to me, however unfortunately there are people where it is a factor, so I can understand making a separate chapter after the game reaches a certain size

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Presumably Android is an example, not that I play on a phone myself. But even on PC I'm not a fan of needlessly bloated file sizes. Not all of us live in the land of internet milk and honey.
Exactly. Android has been an issue since episode 8. I've tried slimmed down versions for Android, but it is a hassle and I'm shooting in the dark since I don't have an Android device to test it on.

Reactions: PapaPhat
4.40 star(s) 125 Votes