Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
The problem with the 20 questions (or whatever) is my memory is swiss cheese and I might have forgotten what some of the choices I made. If it isn't if I had sex with this woman, then I wouldn't be sure.

I'm fine with whatever the decision is, but I've had no problem loading saves from what chapter/part to another.
I envision it would mostly be around which girls you want in your harem, and which kinks you want to see or not see. Most other decisions will be moot by the conclusion of Chapter one. I can make a "Fuck them all" choice to speed up the process. :devilish:

I will recode the early episodes when I remaster Chapter one so it would likely bork everyone's saves. I've thought about handling the next chapter via saves. I could make different save games that the player could choose to start chapter two.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I haven't decided. I've seen it handled a couple ways in other AVN's. I'll opt for the cleanest, least PITA for me and for the player.
20 questions ala did you fuck a, b, c, etc and what did you do to j, k, l and so on.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
My two cents. Save import; a' la LoM. Works like a charm. Start new game > option: "I have an existing save from Chapter 1." > click > save loads. Done!

Edit: Droid Productions are pretty cool. I'm betting they would share the code with you.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
My two cents. Save import; a' la LoM. Works like a charm. Start new game > option: "I have an existing save from Chapter 1." > click > save loads. Done!
yea if gets that to work, seen some where it has failed due 1 reason or other.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
I will recode the early episodes when I remaster Chapter one so it would likely bork everyone's saves. I've thought about handling the next chapter via saves. I could make different save games that the player could choose to start chapter two.
so i will have to replay the whole thing?
1689164606162.png

Reactions: tm2804

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
While that is true (I'm an unabashed LoM enjoyer, even if Bella was done dirty), I can't see that Unity save import code is going to have any relevance to a Renpy game.
Shit! I'm just gonna chalk that one up to brain fart. You are right of course. There ARE some RenPy VN's out there that have successfully used the import code... just can't think of one off the top of my head. Does somethin' smell funny in here?:oops:

• Haha
Reactions: PapaPhat

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
I highly advise doing a split that can use saves from chapter 1 or option for 'canon' start over 20 questions.
[you could throw in a choice to watch a small recap of the story+choices at the start when picking 'canon']
[20 questions its just setting variables, could also have each question change background image to corrisponding scene from chapter 1 as a psuedo recap]

llAzurusll

Oct 6, 2022
The size the game is getting too large. When chapter one is complete, chapter two will carry over the same characters into the next phase of MC's progression within the Rogues.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ah, yea i thought it was a done game lol, and i understand the breaking into parts bc of size since grandmas house did that as well and i think is close to a part 3.

And tbf i kinda hope p2 introduces a futa/trans character

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I envision it would mostly be around which girls you want in your harem, and which kinks you want to see or not see. Most other decisions will be moot by the conclusion of Chapter one. I can make a "Fuck them all" choice to speed up the process. :devilish:

First, thank you for waiting to recode act one. Too many devs do that during development and make the player restart and lose all previous saves... NOT fun. That said, I have replayed LRH no less than half a dozen times from chapter one restart but I still have all my old saves. My saves are my own way of having a gallery in any AVN. In fact, I prefer a good set of my own saves to most gallery formats. So, thank you for keeping my saves in tact through the end of act one!:cool:(y)

2nd... "Fuck them all" would not speed anything up for me because I DO NOT want to fuck them all... just most of them. Just off the top of my head, don't want Barb, that kid Angel (too young IMHO), Rai's sister Sarah (self entitled, stick up her narrow ass bitch), that DA bitch/Bob's sister or Juanita the hotel owner (she needs to have her own man, a big guy like Sluggo to plug her leaky pipes!) Hahaha:ROFLMAO: And, those are just off the top of my head. Definitely want more Larisa, Oxana, Rin, Katy, Willow, Tracey, Ashley, Angelica and JESSY!!!:love: Also, might be nice to have another scene with Jessy and Rai where Jessy isn't passed out drunk! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Don't listen to those who say make it all one file. That is a recipe for disaster and extraneously long DL times. It can also hinder the game's performance as well. 5-6 GB per act is a good marker to hit as it can easily be compressed to an acceptable size for Android and is better for file management overall. So, I'm glad you are making the split. I do prefer that act two require a completed act one save transfer to continue but will gladly go the question route before wanting some monstrous file by act five or six! Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Whatever you decide, my friend, just keep the good times rolling and we'll always keep coming back for more! Huzzah!

Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)
Rogues Forever, Forever Rogues:devilish:
grlb0bg.jpg

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
...That is a recipe for disaster and extraneously long DL times....
Current size of the game ~5 GB, my min. download time I could have (if my potato PC would be fast enough, my network would be fast enough, the file server would be fast enough) from my ISP 1.6 s. Current download time with all my own limitation (not file server), ~120 s.

Thus my preference for not splitting, but I agree with PapaPhat, do what you want to do.

Also if you do a quiz show for the transfer, add some helper for people like me with brains like Swiss cheese.;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PapaPhat and cxx

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Current size of the game ~5 GB, my min. download time I could have (if my potato PC would be fast enough, my network would be fast enough, the file server would be fast enough) from my ISP 1.6 s. Current download time with all my own limitation (not file server), ~120 s.

So, thus my preference for not splitting. But I agree with PapaPhat, do what you want to do.

Also if you do a quiz show for transfer, add some helper for people like me with brains like Swiss cheese.;)
The decision to split act two was made many months ago. It may have even been Dima's intent all along. The latest update is 5.6 GB. Now that Dima is adding part 2 and 3 to the end of act one, it will likely be at least 7-8 GB in total size. That is large enough for a single AVN file. AVN's are much different than big open world games that are 20-80 GB large upon release. AVN's in Ren'Py aren't made to handle file sizes that large. 10-15 GB is pushing the envelope already. One of my favorite AVN titles hit over 11 GB with it's most recent release and I am seriously considering compressing it! 10+GB is just too fucking huge for a single AVN session. 5GB is good, 7-8 GB per installment is still manageable. Anything over that and the game starts lagging and the problems ensue from there unless one is running a next gen machine which most of us are not!

The choice to spit files post act one was already made so anything to the contrary is a moot point. The question now is act one save file transfer or play the questions route. IMHO, the question route is cheap and, like you, my memory is Swiss cheese on a good day! So, being able to reach the end of act one, make a special save for transitioning to act two then starting a new game in act two and selecting that saved game as my import is my preference. That is how two of my favorite games of all time handled the situation. Some folks just don't get how that works so I have posted repeatedly in both of those forums to guide folks through to the next act. One of those games has 8 possible game endings that aren't the end of act one save that they need so I've explained that quite a few times as I fell into that pit my first attempt as well. There is only one other ending in LRH than continuing on with the rest of the story so that makes for much less explaining... Can't even begin to count how many times I've had to tell folks in that other forum, "You need to have an end of act one save to import to act two. You only think you reached the end of act one when, in fact, you reached one of eight possible game endings. If you look closely, that game ending screen will advise you to go back, make another choice and continue gameplay." Then I proceed to give step by step instructions including screenshots on how to get to act two. Any such instruction here will be much more brief and to the point as there is only one possible game ending other than the few game over screens where MC dies... But, I would much rather coach newbies through the process and gameplay than play 20 questions to start act two... Family Affair did that and it just feels cheap. Anyway... Phat is just rambling on now, my friend...

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: motseer

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
20+ gigs is either game with lots of content or dev uses highres pngs etc.

Runner17

Jun 14, 2020
The decision to split act two was made many months ago. It may have even been Dima's intent all along. The latest update is 5.6 GB. Now that Dima is adding part 2 and 3 to the end of act one, it will likely be at least 7-8 GB in total size. That is large enough for a single AVN file. AVN's are much different than big open world games that are 20-80 GB large upon release. AVN's in Ren'Py aren't made to handle file sizes that large. 10-15 GB is pushing the envelope already. One of my favorite AVN titles hit over 11 GB with it's most recent release and I am seriously considering compressing it! 10+GB is just too fucking huge for a single AVN session. 5GB is good, 7-8 GB per installment is still manageable. Anything over that and the game starts lagging and the problems ensue from there unless one is running a next gen machine which most of us are not!

The choice to spit files post act one was already made so anything to the contrary is a moot point. The question now is act one save file transfer or play the questions route. IMHO, the question route is cheap and, like you, my memory is Swiss cheese on a good day! So, being able to reach the end of act one, make a special save for transitioning to act two then starting a new game in act two and selecting that saved game as my import is my preference. That is how two of my favorite games of all time handled the situation. Some folks just don't get how that works so I have posted repeatedly in both of those forums to guide folks through to the next act. One of those games has 8 possible game endings that aren't the end of act one save that they need so I've explained that quite a few times as I fell into that pit my first attempt as well. There is only one other ending in LRH than continuing on with the rest of the story so that makes for much less explaining... Can't even begin to count how many times I've had to tell folks in that other forum, "You need to have an end of act one save to import to act two. You only think you reached the end of act one when, in fact, you reached one of eight possible game endings. If you look closely, that game ending screen will advise you to go back, make another choice and continue gameplay." Then I proceed to give step by step instructions including screenshots on how to get to act two. Any such instruction here will be much more brief and to the point as there is only one possible game ending other than the few game over screens where MC dies... But, I would much rather coach newbies through the process and gameplay than play 20 questions to start act two... Family Affair did that and it just feels cheap. Anyway... Phat is just rambling on now, my friend...

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)
Do you expect me to read this this! I started skimming after "The decision". Zoned out somewhere along the way. :ROFLMAO:

Runner17

Jun 14, 2020
First, thank you for waiting to recode act one. Too many devs do that during development and make the player restart and lose all previous saves... NOT fun. That said, I have replayed LRH no less than half a dozen times from chapter one restart but I still have all my old saves. My saves are my own way of having a gallery in any AVN. In fact, I prefer a good set of my own saves to most gallery formats. So, thank you for keeping my saves in tact through the end of act one!:cool:(y)

2nd... "Fuck them all" would not speed anything up for me because I DO NOT want to fuck them all... just most of them. Just off the top of my head, don't want Barb, that kid Angel (too young IMHO), Rai's sister Sarah (self entitled, stick up her narrow ass bitch), that DA bitch/Bob's sister or Juanita the hotel owner (she needs to have her own man, a big guy like Sluggo to plug her leaky pipes!) Hahaha:ROFLMAO: And, those are just off the top of my head. Definitely want more Larisa, Oxana, Rin, Katy, Willow, Tracey, Ashley, Angelica and JESSY!!!:love: Also, might be nice to have another scene with Jessy and Rai where Jessy isn't passed out drunk! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Don't listen to those who say make it all one file. That is a recipe for disaster and extraneously long DL times. It can also hinder the game's performance as well. 5-6 GB per act is a good marker to hit as it can easily be compressed to an acceptable size for Android and is better for file management overall. So, I'm glad you are making the split. I do prefer that act two require a completed act one save transfer to continue but will gladly go the question route before wanting some monstrous file by act five or six! Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Whatever you decide, my friend, just keep the good times rolling and we'll always keep coming back for more! Huzzah!

Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)
Rogues Forever, Forever Rogues:devilish:
View attachment 2764898
Hey quick question about Angel, did you turn her down? She creeps me out big time. I feel like I'm chasing a 10th grader. Even Sluggo's daughter doesn't give me that vibe.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Hey quick question about Angel, did you turn her down? She creeps me out big time. I feel like I'm chasing a 10th grader. Even Sluggo's daughter doesn't give me that vibe.
i mean she does come over a bit needy but if you do accept the mc will tell her to curb her jealousy and im sure della and stan will straighten her out if not the other girls will

• Thinking Face
4.40 star(s) 125 Votes