Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
¿Qué problemas son esos con la gente en las playas? o_O
What are those problems with people and beaches?
People are building property lines on public beaches and claiming its theres.
And the P.r people are trying to get there land back while the gov is trying to sell since its more money into corrupt gov.
there's alot of bs going on.. We are pretty much living a real life of Rouge vs Minions & Gov assist in the island lol

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
What? You're from around there right? Don't tell me you've never been to Tiny Dick, Texas?:p:whistle::cool:
Unlike the "pene pequeno", Texas is quite large. ;)

If there is such a place (honestly, I've seen weirder names), I wouldn't be overly surprised. :ROFLMAO:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
you guys do know the commonly used maps are really skewed right?

but still yes, American states are the size off some country's

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
you guys do know the commonly used maps are really skewed right?

but still yes, American states are the size off some country's
Yes - I believe the site I took that from used latitudinally adjusted maps to compare physical land mass, not the distorted versions that make Greenland look about twice its actual size.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
well just the city (not state) of new york is about ~470 square miles

my home country (the Netherlands) is about 16,040 square miles so 1 American city (maybe a larger one though) is about 1/40th my country :ROFLMAO:

i thing i personally can't phantom (never travelled outside the EU )

Last edited:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
well just the city (not state) of new york is about ~470 square miles

my home country (the Netherlands) is about 16,040 square miles so 1 American city (maybe a larger one though) is about 1/40th my country :ROFLMAO:

i thing i personally can't phantom (never travelled outside the EU )
I'm nearest to Houston; the city itself is about 672 square miles (bigger than NYC in area), while the "metropolitan area" (city, surrounding suburbs not within the "city" limits) is about 10,062 square miles. Based on population density and constant roadwork, it can easily take 2 hours to drive from one extreme to the other. I'm near the northern extreme and regularly drive about 45 minutes to get to places I frequent.

The smallest US State (by area) is Rhode Island, at 1,545 sqmi, which fits well within the area of the Houston MA, and is about 1.5X the area of your not-too-distant neighbor (well, once you go through Belgium), Luxembourg.

• Haha
Reactions: HiHaHo

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
long story short america is focking huge compared to most EU country's :ROFLMAO:
In many cases, yes. :LOL:

I think so many people don't get that, so the experience of traveling from one place to another, or into other countries, doesn't translate as well from one continent to the other. People living on the African, South American or Australian continents probably have a better grasp of the distances we get around in in much of North America, as well as those in certain parts of Asia, but in the US, folks up and down the US East Coast, particularly in the area referred to as "New England" probably have experiences more akin to what seems typical in much of Europe.

Reactions: Dimitri57
4.40 star(s) 125 Votes