motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Some people are making a fuss about spoliers event after a year glad to see here is not the case.
In fairness, it takes all of about 10 seconds to do. Also, in fairness, I sometimes forget to do it myself... Jus' Sayin':cool:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Decided to play through the game from the start and enjoying it all over again! Definitely in my top 5 along with Eternum and Artemis. There are however quite a few spelling, phrasing, general missing words and some play on words mistakes (e.g. one that really ground my gears early on was run-a-way...).

If the Dev sees this post I'm an English teacher with quite a few years of experience under my belt and would absolutely LOVE to proofread this game to get it as close to perfection as possible (if it helps I also speak fluent Russian, but Larissa and Oksana segments seem to be done quite well!). I'd be happy to replay the game and take screenshots with corrections, but a script would make it much easier.
all dialogue is available in the game folder in the form of rpy files, you can open those with a text editor and go ham

Reactions: c3p0 and motseer

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Some people are making a fuss about spoliers event after a year glad to see here is not the case.
Well, some people play for the first time a year or longer after content was released, and still don't want to be spoilered by acciden, and yes, in this case we're talking about a release a few days ago.
After all, this is not a cultural phenomenon like 'No, I am your father', where maybe a tribe of natives deep in the Amazon rain forrests won't have heard about Dark Hel... ah, Darth Vader, I mean.

Reactions: stenctrum

Bryan_Colt

Jul 19, 2017
I still want more story about the bar and the mc being a dj and girls looking at him booing him.

I got to admit when he showed Reba the finger that was funny right there i knew well these two are on each other now.

Bryan_Colt

Jul 19, 2017
Not in my story and not on my watch i do not like to put anyone on the spot a bit of pun is nice but no one likes or wants to be the

laughing stock i remember a movie with robert de niro godfather at the shrink where jelly threw the doc into the shark tank your dj

would have meet the same fate in my story.

also i am so old when i was young this was one of the best movies i seen rambo and karate kid.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

FuzzyPredator

Jan 16, 2023
all dialogue is available in the game folder in the form of rpy files, you can open those with a text editor and go ham
Ok, might take me a while, but would anyone be interested in seeing a more professionally proofread and corrected version?? I'm more interested in doing it for everyone, not just for myself :ROFLMAO:

Also wanted to get the Devs opinion on a couple of inconsistencies that I noticed, just to make sure that it will stay without change of context...

I suppose I'll get to work and update you guys once done? :unsure:

EDIT: I think as a test I'll proofread and correct the latest update and see what everyone thinks!

Last edited:

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
would anyone be interested in seeing a more professionally proofread and corrected version?
I've actually thought about doing it myself a few times, but the half-assed way RenPy handles dialogue just makes it too much of a pain in the ass to bother with. Why the hell they never implemented separate standalone dialogue files I'll never know.

FuzzyPredator

Jan 16, 2023
I've actually thought about doing it myself a few times, but the half-assed way RenPy handles dialogue just makes it too much of a pain in the ass to bother with. Why the hell they never implemented separate standalone dialogue files I'll never know.
Yeah, I had a look and looks very... messy...
Shouldn't be a problem per se, just a PITA, but something I'm willing to do for this game as it can only make it better!

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Python 3 (at least) can do i18n. I've not used it myself so I can't speak to the quality, but the support LOOKS to be there. :shrug:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Ok, might take me a while, but would anyone be interested in seeing a more professionally proofread and corrected version?? I'm more interested in doing it for everyone, not just for myself :ROFLMAO:

Also wanted to get the Devs opinion on a couple of inconsistencies that I noticed, just to make sure that it will stay without change of context...

EDIT: I think as a test I'll proofread and correct the latest update and see what everyone thinks!
I think you're all good as long as you run anything you do by Dima. I know he won't mind if you DM him.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021

you can edit the files and share with the dev or with the community afterwards and that's that (tho it's probably better if the dev publishes it, can't always trust random files on the internet)

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Decided to play through the game from the start and enjoying it all over again! Definitely in my top 5 along with Eternum and Artemis. There are however quite a few spelling, phrasing, general missing words and some play on words mistakes (e.g. one that really ground my gears early on was run-a-way...).

If the Dev sees this post I'm an English teacher with quite a few years of experience under my belt and would absolutely LOVE to proofread this game to get it as close to perfection as possible (if it helps I also speak fluent Russian, but Larissa and Oksana segments seem to be done quite well!). I'd be happy to replay the game and take screenshots with corrections, but a script would make it much easier.
I fixed run-a-way in the script already. Thanks for the heads up! (y) You're right, it was poor phrasing :oops:

Thank you for your offer. Other have helped out in the past as well. I've always been a voracious reader, but I absolutely hated English and creative writing in school. My grammar and sentence structure reflect that.

I have a built in Russian advisor. My wife of 20 years is Russian. I can go to her for advice, but I learned most of it by emersion while working in one of the former Soviet Republics for five years.

The scripts are in the game, ep1.rpy, ep2.rpy, etc. They can be opened in notepad or wordpad. The text is embedded in the RenPy coding so editing can be tricky. Ren'Py is very particular in spacing and the use of certain symbols. Others have made changes in scripts and sent it back to me not knowing how or what they changed. I won't use them since they would crash the game if the coding was changed inadvertently during editing.

If you want to proofread the script, you can DM with me your corrections in notepad or whatever format that is convenient for you. Just reference which script and what line in the script where the correction needs to be made and I'll change it on my end.

Bear in mind, I use a lot of slang, localisms and colloquialisms. I strive to have the dialog read like people actually speak rather than perfect, grammatically correct English. I follow some games that do, and they come off stiff and robotic to me.

I'll gladly correct typos and errors. I can't promise I'll sanitize dialog that may raise the hackles of an experienced English teacher! :p (JD's manner of speaking as an example.)

Thank you again for helping me create a better experience for the player.

Adventure on!
Dima

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes