Votes: 827 7.6%
  • Fat Joe

Votes: 990 9.1%

• Total voters

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
is there any an proper date for the update? I dont think he is scamming but slow without support and doing it alone.
There is currently not a date announced, though we are all excited to see the remaining paths for the 0.8 version.

People tend to forget the purpose of Patreon, which is to support a project "in exchange for exclusive access, extra content, or a closer look into their creative journey." That quote directly from the Patreon site. While not advisable, this could mean that TTrick wouldn't even need to provide the game to anyone until it was finished, so long as subscribers were getting, for example, access to subscriber-only wallpapers/renders, or updates on the status of the game, which we currently do get.

There are multiple devs on this site with varying release schedules, based on things they have going on in their life. Light of my Life only gets one update a year. There are games that release once a month, every 3-4 months, every 6 months, etc.

Anyway, I've rambled now. I was chatting with TTrick last night. There is definitely some exciting content coming up with the next update.

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
There is currently not a date announced, though we are all excited to see the remaining paths for the 0.8 version.

People tend to forget the purpose of Patreon, which is to support a project "in exchange for exclusive access, extra content, or a closer look into their creative journey." That quote directly from the Patreon site. While not advisable, this could mean that TTrick wouldn't even need to provide the game to anyone until it was finished, so long as subscribers were getting, for example, access to subscriber-only wallpapers/renders, or updates on the status of the game, which we currently do get.

There are multiple devs on this site with varying release schedules, based on things they have going on in their life. Light of my Life only gets one update a year. There are games that release once a month, every 3-4 months, every 6 months, etc.

Anyway, I've rambled now. I was chatting with TTrick last night. There is definitely some exciting content coming up with the next update.
Was about to comment just that. Wished more people would understand how Patreon works and why.

I'm certain of one thing though : it's only people who never would pay a thing to support a dev that complains the loudest about how long updates take

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Was about to comment just that. Wished more people would understand how Patreon works and why.

I'm certain of one thing though : it's only people who never would pay a thing to support a dev that complains the loudest about how long updates take
I agree, they seem to be the loudest rather than the people who support the project because we want it to succeed. The other thing is, TTrick doesn't make enough from Patreon to be able to support himself and his wife. So he has to work his regular job, which takes time away from Long Story Short. So it's a catch 22 in that he would love to work on LSS full time, but he can't because he needs to support his family. But many people don't want to support because of the time between updates or various other reasons.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I agree, they seem to be the loudest rather than the people who support the project because we want it to succeed. The other thing is, TTrick doesn't make enough from Patreon to be able to support himself and his wife. So he has to work his regular job, which takes time away from Long Story Short. So it's a catch 22 in that he would love to work on LSS full time, but he can't because he needs to support his family. But many people don't want to support because of the time between updates or various other reasons.
There's two sides to that coin though - you're certainly right in some cases, but in others, you have a developer who will be pulling in 7-8k a month, then releasing updates along the lines of "sorry i havent been feeling well" or "RL things got in the way". Buddy, if you're making 7k a month, that IS your day job, and should be treated as such. Again, this isnt the case for all, there is certainly a big divergence between the patreon "haves" and "have-nots".

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
There's two sides to that coin though - you're certainly right in some cases, but in others, you have a developer who will be pulling in 7-8k a month, then releasing updates along the lines of "sorry i havent been feeling well" or "RL things got in the way". Buddy, if you're making 7k a month, that IS your day job, and should be treated as such. Again, this isnt the case for all, there is certainly a big divergence between the patreon "haves" and "have-nots".
Sure, there are folks out there who take advantage. Then it's simply up to each individual patron to decide if they want to continue giving support or not. What I'm specifically targeting are the people who have no skin in the game and then still complain as if they are being scammed.

Also, $7K a month may sound like a lot of money...but it really depends on where someone lives and the cost of living in that area. I know apartments near me can go beyond $3-4K/ month. In that case, the dev needs to decide if they want to relocate their family to a cheaper area and just hope that they are able to continue to sustain that amount of support.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Yo, is there an incest patch somewhere? Emily being MC's roommate doesn't sit right with me.

I'm playing the non-Unity version btw.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
There is a promt when you meet Emily that asks what is she to you. Original is roommate, but you probably want to write sister... or dinosaur, or slave. It's your choice :D
Oh shit, don't tell me the game auto-skipped that shit. The version above the Unity does that sometimes.

Well, thanks for the info man.

Reactions: Lord Bradley

Dactess

Sep 9, 2021
Hmm I am curious if I will ever experience a VN where there isn't the trope about a shy girl turning nympho

Garatempus2

Aug 18, 2018
Unity was original game, but developer quit and someone else took over using different engine. Unity is unfinished old game.
Slight correction, the game was developed by two people and one of them left. The remaing guy decided to switch to renpy different engine. There is no "someone else."

Whats the difference between unity and the normal one?
Renpy Normal version is the newest version, so it has all the content.
Unity version is a bit more polished and has more features. But it won't be updated anymore.

Last edited:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Slight correction, the game was developed by two people and one of them left. The remaing guy decided to switch to renpy. There is no "someone else."

Renpy is the newest version, so it has all the content.
Unity version is a bit more polished and has more features. But it won't be updated anymore.
Correction. It's not Ren'Py, but a custom engine TTrick built using React Native Web wrapped in Electron.

4.60 star(s) 169 Votes