baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
please dont start this BS. it has nothing to do with mixing ntr.
rendering, creating scenes etc, its heavy no matter content.
this is exactly the reason some devs gets tired, people like u that tries to push them into a corner with BS like "don't add ntr, it will ruin the game, I will not play, I will not support u, u will not get my money, remove ntr now, or else".

the problem is time and big projects. its easy to be motivated a couple of months, but to keep going for years, u need discipline and energy. its not about fetishes, routes, amount of girls paths, but that. just that.

Rituf

May 4, 2017
Where did I say that?
I'm just stating (in my opinion, this is a forum, right?) that there is no way to please two sides that are completely opposed.

Of course, all this requires energy, time, discipline.
But I'm sure anyone who devotes his time to creating a game needs some feedback, be it financial, support or whatever.
If the project died, it's because there were several factors that led to this.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
rendering, creating scenes etc, its heavy no matter content.
this is exactly the reason some devs gets tired, people like u that tries to push them into a corner with BS like "don't add ntr, it will ruin the game, I will not play, I will not support u, u will not get my money, remove ntr now, or else".

the problem is time and big projects. its easy to be motivated a couple of months, but to keep going for years, u need discipline and energy. its not about fetishes, routes, amount of girls paths, but that. just that.
In this case it was probably adding a non ntr path in the story late into development that created a larger workload.

Reactions: OneWayMissile

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Okay, I've slept a little since last night and first things first, I feel like I should clear up a few things.
1. While Sznuk provided many reasons, upon pressing, the main reason of him leaving is that he simply cannot work on the game any longer.
2. He locked me out of Patreon the moment he told me that he was leaving yesterday, which gave me no way of clearing the air with the long-term patrons. Few of whom had given more than a hundred dollars to this game.
3. He believes since renders are all his and the concept, however rudimentary, was created by his friend, I have no "legal right" to the game. Keep in mind that this is despite me writing almost all of the Patreon posts, creating opportunities for cross-promo and, well, writing almost the entirety of the fucking game.
4. Despite me giving multiple ways to continue the game, he has made it clear that he simply doesn't want to see the game continued in any way shape or from. However, he is okay with me starting from scratch with different but similar characters.

Now in light of all this, there are three announcements I want to make.
1. I've decided that will continue creating the game on my own. That doesn't mean I want to see the abandoned tag removed just yet because as Sznuk is adamant about not giving his permission to continue creating the game, Rich is reluctant to join the team. That means I have to not only do the writing but also the coding and creating the renders. So simply put, I don't know the sheer amount of work that will actually be required in doing all of this. Especially since my experience with Daz is not only extremely amateurish but also the fact that I only have a 2060 mobile so it'll take me almost twice as long to create the same render.
2. I won't be continuing the NTR path of the game simply because I can't do it and not take like 2 more years to finish the game. The reason I've fought adamantly to continue NTR in the game was that I didn't want to disappoint the most loyal patrons but the most loyal patrons have already been disappointed the most. I might give it a semblance of an end AFTER I am done with the base game but it's not a certainty. From now on each update will probably take some four months. Especially since my understanding of Daz is extremely basic. I started learning about the software a few days earlier because I was going to make a small game named "School Dreams 4: An ode to Goblinboy" as a side project that I'd have released here for free but that idea is now on hold indefinitely. I've linked my first render to show you guys the level of my skill currently so you can expect how bad the renders will end up looking. Note that it utilizes very default models because I genuinely don't know what I am doing.
3. The game will be released here for free. With what has just happened I know I can't seriously expect for anyone to actually pay for the game. Money was never the first reason why I was creating the game. Of course, it was not a non-issue but just not the primary one. So I'll be creating this game for free from now on. I am guessing the biggest reason Sznuk didn't want to see the game continued was that he didn't want someone else to reap the benefits of his own hard work. This way that doesn't happen but the game doesn't get axed either.
So yeah tl; dr: The game's renders from now on will be shit, there will be no NTR but the game will trudge on at a very slow pace.
And it will be free as it has always been here, now just officially.
As much as I hate it, the game will continue WITHOUT Sznuk's approval.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Okay, I've slept a little since last night and first things first, I feel like I should clear up a few things.
1. While Sznuk provided many reasons, upon pressing, the main reason of him leaving is that he simply cannot work on the game any longer.
2. He locked me out of Patreon the moment he told me that he was leaving yesterday, which gave me no way of clearing the air with the long-term patrons. Few of whom had given more than a hundred dollars to this game.
3. He believes since renders are all his and the concept, however rudimentary, was created by his friend, I have no "legal right" to the game. Keep in mind that this is despite me writing almost all of the Patreon posts, creating opportunities for cross-promo and, well, writing almost the entirety of the fucking game.
4. Despite me giving multiple ways to continue the game, he has made it clear that he simply doesn't want to see the game continued in any way shape or from. However, he is okay with me starting from scratch with different but similar characters.

1. I've decided that will continue creating the game on my own. That doesn't mean I want to see the abandoned tag removed just yet because as Sznuk is adamant about not giving his permission to continue creating the game, Rich is reluctant to join the team. That means I have to not only do the writing but also the coding and creating the renders. So simply put, I don't know the sheer amount of work that will actually be required in doing all of this. Especially since my experience with Daz is not only extremely amateurish but also the fact that I only have a 2060 mobile so it'll take me almost twice as long to create the same render.
2. I won't be continuing the NTR path of the game simply because I can't do it and not take like 2 more years to finish the game. The reason I've fought adamantly to continue NTR in the game was that I didn't want to disappoint the most loyal patrons but the most loyal patrons have already been disappointed the most. I might give it a semblance of an end AFTER I am done with the base game but it's not a certainty. From now on each update will probably take some four months. Especially since my understanding of Daz is extremely basic. I started learning about the software a few days earlier because I was going to make a small game named "School Dreams 4: An ode to Goblinboy" as a side project that I'd have released here for free but that idea is now on hold indefinitely. I've linked my first render to show you guys the level of my skill currently so you can expect how bad the renders will end up looking. Note that it utilizes very default models because I genuinely don't know what I am doing.
3. The game will be released here for free. With what has just happened I know I can't seriously expect for anyone to actually pay for the game. Money was never the first reason why I was creating the game. Of course, it was not a non-issue but just not the primary one. So I'll be creating this game for free from now on. I am guessing the biggest reason Sznuk didn't want to see the game continued was that he didn't want someone else to reap the benefits of his own hard work. This way that doesn't happen but the game doesn't get axed either.
So yeah tl; dr: The game's renders from now on will be shit, there will be no NTR but the game will trudge on at a very slow pace.
I wish you luck (y)

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017

So if im reading right, despite you working on the game longer then a year, because he decided its his time to step away hes nuking everything thats been developed despite your involvement? A real scum move if true

caju

Oct 5, 2017
1. I've decided that will continue creating the game on my own.
I said before but I will repeat:
I didnt lose any respect for you before. I certainly wont now.
I apologize for my harsh statement and criticism. #2,271
I am 100% interested in seeing what you do on your own and sincerely will be following.
Start small / add flavor / be bold in your choices / and for GOD's sake, dont try to please everyone.
Make your game your way.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018

I had a feeling this would happen
This was a collaborative work and i dont think Sznuk have a trademark on this game, meaning any tom dick and harry can make a game 99% similar to it.
Also since he was the one giving on the project, why on the burning hell did not let others continue on this?

This is really a dick move and Sznuk seems to be an asshole. I would recommend that you find a partner that's good in doing renders and maybe a part time coder. Renpy coding is not that hard to learn but renders are the most time consuming. Most of us like the story written, find a decent partner and i'm sure you get some following in patreon. I think many of us would donate .... Creating the game alone will take forever. Sihil , maybe you can collaborate with KissKiss Studio as both you are doing the genre

Last edited:

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Damn that's a really scummy thing to do. Did he end up paying you out what was owed or just totally cut and run?
What does "simply cannot work on the game any longer." actually mean? Were there physical reasons barring this or is it more of a drama queen type thing?

Good on you for continuing to work on it man, let us know if he tries to stop that from happening and we'll say bad words. Should be quite difficult for him to do so considering most (if not all?) of the assets are store bought and you wrote the story. Do you have everything you need to continue it?

Good luck man, I really hope you manage to pick this up. It isn't rare to see a project be abandoned here, but it is rare to see one of the team members behind the original game take a stand and attempt to finish what they started. Big respect for that.

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Many of you are doubting if I'm exaggerating or even lying and rightly so as I've not given any proofs to my claims so I'm posting just one snippet of the conversation. I've got a dozen but I won't release them, including the ones I took way back in November when things felt... wrong. Unless Sznuk actively denies my allegations, I won't post them.
Firstly, what I want you guys to do is to NOT harass him if you're planning to. Look, he's simply burnt out and there's nothing that we can do about it. Yes, I wish he'd handled things more professionally but if he has to go, he has to go. I'm really not trying to start a fight or god forbid, a drama. When I posted the post earlier, I was distraught and ended up making my tone too aggressive. All I want from you guys right now is just let him go to whatever he wants to do next with grace.
I hope it gets better and one day you'll get back to making this game. It was one of very few good games lately.
I think he's simply burnt out. There are several factors, yes. The biggest of which is that the game simply wasn't making a lot of money. He did note that the way I wrote made it difficult to create renders for him but I don't think it was the biggest reason as everytime he has asked me to change something about my writing style I have. And half of the things he mentioned in the list were already solved.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry::cry::cry: RIP Olivia, so sad.

Damn. Is there a chance of someone else picking up the work with you later on? Is this final for good? Hope you can reply to these in that post. Really sad to hear this, hang on there brother.
No, it's not abandoned. But I won't get ahead of myself just yet.
I suspect that I'm among the oldest farts on this site. Which means that I've lived long enough to experience just how hard real life can bash a person around. I'll miss your game. It's a great game, but it's only a game. Good luck dealing with whatever cataclysm has befallen you. May you and those important to you come through it in the best possible shape.

Truly sorry for your troubles.
From what he told me, it wasn't as much as a cataclysm as simply the fact that he was burnt out. I wouldn't have had a problem if he'd let me change the direction of the game in a substantial way.
just noticed the "abandoned" tag.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

well, it sucks.
now we will not see Olivia getting used and fucked hard.
I admit I got pretty ahead of myself with trying to take both NTR and non-NTR together. But you have to see the fact that when we started the game most of the people who gave us money were there for NTR, so we couldn't just have thrown our hands up and gotten rid of NTR.

Another one that tried to please 2 completely different sides and ended up dying.
It's a format that simply cannot work.
For an NTR player, there is no problem playing the Non-NTR version.
For those who hate NTR, it's as if they are getting 50% of the work.

To be honest, this game had a big damage on the first release due to the first writer. Sihil did a good job trying to save it, but many players ignored the game because of this.
It does feel like it, I haven't seen many games where rating is above 4 stars for over a year, have over a million views on f95 (even though admittedly half of those would be my own) and yet make around 500$.

I said before but I will repeat:
I didnt lose any respect for you before. I certainly wont now.
I apologize for my harsh statement and criticism. #2,271
I am 100% interested in seeing what you do on your own and sincerely will be following.
Start small / add flavor / be bold in your choices / and for GOD's sake, dont try to please everyone.
Make your game your way.
Yeah, now I am planning to try to give the game two distinct but well-done paths. Three paths it seems was too much to realistically continue. Even though I didn't see that until it was too late.
Of all the games abandoned i followed, this one hurts the most.

RIP Olivia

Time to remove the signature i guess...
Well, thanks for keeping it in the first place
If you have a paper trail with how much work you put into it and or a contract I'd go after his ass
No. Absolutely not. If he wants to leave, I'll just let him go. There's really no point in trying to fight a guy who lives on the other side of the world.

Damn that's a really scummy thing to do. Did he end up paying you out what was owed or just totally cut and run?
What does "simply cannot work on the game any longer." actually mean? Were there physical reasons barring this or is it more of a drama queen type thing?

Good on you for continuing to work on it man, let us know if he tries to stop that from happening and we'll say bad words. Should be quite difficult for him to do so considering most (if not all?) of the assets are store bought and you wrote the story. Do you have everything you need to continue it?

Good luck man, I really hope you manage to pick this up. It isn't rare to see a project be abandoned here, but it is rare to see one of the team members behind the original game take a stand and attempt to finish what they started. Big respect for that.
Not drama queen per se, he told me way back that some big changes are going to happen in his life but he wasn't sure. And now he suddenly decides to leave so I'm guessing what he told me about is about to come to fruition. As for the money, I doubt I'll be seeing this month's cut if he hasn't paused the billing yet.

Do I have everything to continue? I don't even know exactly how to continue. I just pirated Lilith7 asset for DazStudio (I think that's supposed to be the model for Sara.) but it'd be very hard to find each and every character on my own.
I had a feeling this would happen
This was a collaborative work and i dont think Sznuk have a trademark on this game, meaning any tom dick and harry can make a game 99% similar to it.
Also since he was the one giving on the project, why on the burning hell did not let others continue on this?

This is really a dick move and Sznuk seems to be an asshole. I would recommend that you find a partner that's good in doing renders and maybe a part time coder. Renpy coding is not that hard to learn but renders are the most time consuming. Most of us like the story written, find a decent partner and i'm sure you get some following in patreon. I think many of us would donate .... Creating the game alone will take forever. Sihil , maybe you can collaborate with KissKiss Studio as both you are doing the genre
Honestly, at this point, I'd rather just rely on myself and try to get this done. It will take forever, I know but this is the only realistic way to do it. As for the money, there are more than a few patrons who gave this game more than hundred dollars overall. There's a guy who commented the same on the Patreon and he has paid at least hundred dollars to the game last I checked. And there's simply no way I can justify asking guys like them for money when I have nothing to show for it. Maybe I will restart the patronage but that will not be until I have the episode 5 and the script for ep 6. This is the least bad way of approaching this that I can think of. The plan is to get the ep 5 ready by September, I'll take it slow but we'll get there.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

I am gonna say something weird and maybe not directly in line with anyone else, but except when you can find a partner for the renders that is experienced, I would advise you to first make that side game you talked about. A shorter well defined project will teach you a lot of the skills needed to enable you to pull off a bigger project like this. Remember making a game is in the end besides all the different skills needed also about project management.

4.10 star(s) 33 Votes