Farnuge

Mar 18, 2018
At minimum yes. But also a lot of refactoring. I've done an online unity course since last time I worked on Loser, and I need to do some house cleaning regarding my code.
So what you are saying is the jack-ass team member that is never content with how the code is written is yourself. I suppose if it makes future dev faster, great, but sometimes you just need the code to pass the unit tests.

Farnuge

Mar 18, 2018
ugh never spaghetti code
No one intends to spaghetti code, its just that you get going and don't realize that what you could have written into a library is buried deep somewhere its not accessible because you thought you'd only use it once.

D

Deleted member 2167171

Whenever I get to the drunk Gina (Cool Sister archetype) scene (~0:00 on Saturday) and choose the "Her mouth is so close" option, my game (v0.02.01) crashes. Is there a fix/solution for this?

Last edited by a moderator:

OGRey

Jul 7, 2018
Baal7734 First of all i'm very thankfull that you are spending your time on this incest game , i know building incest game is not lucrative for you, so real THANKS:love: . But i have question for you; Why this game has so few dialogues? Is this because of time problem or... are you not loving to write?, i wanna know cuz i wanna see more conversation it is very few:cry::cry:. It is very important for me :=) THX again (y)

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
Baal7734 First of all i'm very thankfull that you are spending your time on this incest game , i know building incest game is not lucrative for you, so real THANKS:love: . But i have question for you; Why this game has so few dialogues? Is this because of time problem or... are you not loving to write?, i wanna know cuz i wanna see more conversation it is very few:cry::cry:. It is very important for me :=) THX again (y)
I'm a very slow writer, so with this game I wanted the conversations that are "Filler" i.e. conversations that don't progress the transformation of a character, but are there to build up relationship, or xp, or generate topics to be more gamey so that I didn't have to spend a lot of time coming up dialogue. The REAL conversations happen during the transformation scenes, and the time specific events. I've modeled some of the systems very much after "The Sims". You know what's being said in general because you pushed the "Talk about X" button as opposed to hearing an actual language other than simlish being used.

Reactions: OGRey and SamHaim

OGRey

Jul 7, 2018
I'm a very slow writer, so with this game I wanted the conversations that are "Filler" i.e. conversations that don't progress the transformation of a character, but are there to build up relationship, or xp, or generate topics to be more gamey so that I didn't have to spend a lot of time coming up dialogue. The REAL conversations happen during the transformation scenes, and the time specific events. I've modeled some of the systems very much after "The Sims". You know what's being said in general because you pushed the "Talk about X" button as opposed to hearing an actual language other than simlish being used.
Understood.
The REAL conversations happen during the transformation scenes, and the time specific events.
Hopefully these are going to be longer than i thought :=) Cuz i can't get into mood without good conversations. Thx again (y)

kjhadfjkle

Apr 8, 2019
Silly question maybe, have you ever considered going open source with projects like these?

I'm pretty sure this forum is full of massive losers who could help out loads with things that you probably never thought was a problem.

The code is already exposed when you use unity/renpy anyway, so there's not a real safety concern that you're not already breaking.

EDIT: If I'm going break my lurker status I might as well point out I wish you'd focus more on loser than Superpowered. Superpowered has run its course for me. Great game, but not for several friggin' years.

Stonerbank

Aug 25, 2017
EDIT: If I'm going break my lurker status I might as well point out I wish you'd focus more on loser than Superpowered. Superpowered has run its course for me. Great game, but not for several friggin' years.
I'll agree with this, I'm a huge fan of Loser so far, Superpowered was good for awhile but after so long it's lost most of its interested, at least for myself as well.

Reactions: wizyy

OGRey

Jul 7, 2018
How good is this game so far? :)
First of all it is a REAL incest game, it has some downsides ofcourse but i rate this game 8.5/10 (it has "real incest" i hate landlord/roomate shit so it is very important variable for me :KEK:) . Baal7734 really has game development time problems tho (he developing 2 games right now, this is his second game so its normal). If you can play it with cheats (just read the all pages, you will find how to do it) i think you will also rate this game around 5-9/10. (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3xtreme

wizyy

Nov 24, 2017
Random events please :)
If it's a sandbox game, it should have random events (imho) and not in set time / date. I hate when someone can just read when and how to do events and not be (pleasantly?) surprised when they happen

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Random events please :)
If it's a sandbox game, it should have random events (imho) and not in set time / date. I hate when someone can just read when and how to do events and not be (pleasantly?) surprised when they happen
God no.....I fucking hate rng with a bloody fucking passion. If its for trivial events that have nothing to do with the actual plot, thats fine. But if it extends to plot progression...hell no. Kinda like superpowered bathroom scenes...those were fine because they weren't important.
The last thing I want is to run into a bad rng string where I spend hours trying to trigger something with no luck. Ofcourse there will always be some saying they had no problems having things trigger after a few tries. Bad luck is bad luck.
I can deal with 50/50 but when you start throwing in 20/80 or 30/70 it starts becoming overly annoying when you start having bad luck.
Also depends on how many opportunities you have in a certain amount of time to trigger the event. For example....you have X event trigger on x day with a 20-30% chance to trigger...so in 7 days you have only one day that x event can trigger on, making the rng feel that much worse.
If x event can trigger on any given day...still shit rng but it doesn't feel as bad. Unless you have bad luck lol

Stonerbank

Aug 25, 2017
God no.....I fucking hate rng with a bloody fucking passion. If its for trivial events that have nothing to do with the actual plot, thats fine. But if it extends to plot progression...hell no. Kinda like superpowered bathroom scenes...those were fine because they weren't important.
The last thing I want is to run into a bad rng string where I spend hours trying to trigger something with no luck. Ofcourse there will always be some saying they had no problems having things trigger after a few tries. Bad luck is bad luck.
I can deal with 50/50 but when you start throwing in 20/80 or 30/70 it starts becoming overly annoying when you start having bad luck.
Also depends on how many opportunities you have in a certain amount of time to trigger the event. For example....you have X event trigger on x day with a 20-30% chance to trigger...so in 7 days you have only one day that x event can trigger on, making the rng feel that much worse.
If x event can trigger on any given day...still shit rng but it doesn't feel as bad. Unless you have bad luck lol
Fully agree RNG is a cancer about the gaming community. I was playing Lust Epidemic and had to download someones save file because I couldn't do like the 5% RNG to find the next area for progression. I NEVER download save games because I despise not doing things myself. However, after about an hour of clicking 'explore city' I royally said "fuck it" and gave into someones save file. I'm fine with a 50/50 as well, but anything under like 30/70 is just 'head smashing into laptop' frustrating.

Reactions: OGRey

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
RNG can be done right.
GRIND is the worst in any game for me.
Finding a blance between Grind, and meaningful progression is difficult, but I'm working on that. Last update I increased xp gains dramatically, this update I'm speeding up topic generation a bit.

As for RNG...One of my core tenets of Loser is to have very little RNG, and none of it will be detrimental to progression in anyway. So there may be occasional RNG scenes here and there, but they will be scenes that add flavor to the game, not scenes that are required to progress through a characters Archetype Transformations.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 115 Votes