Kavalor

Jan 29, 2021
You need Disorder Skill rank 2 to make crime research possible. Agressive topics have the tags aggresive and competitive, so if you have a sports topic with competitive that might be enough, but I'm not sure.
The research itself if you have it enabaled is in the computer in your room.

merry

Apr 30, 2017
The prison scene explains why he is essentially a 0 stat character at the age of 18. His most developmental years going into adulthood were in juvenile detention. The story evolves as the characters transform, because it's not one story. Each character has thier own story going on, and you the player get to influence them. Granted there are few choices in that respect to be made so far, but that will be changing soon once more AT branches are made available.

As for missing scenes, I like to reward exploration and experimentation. Can't have one without the other.
I really like the game, thank you for making it.
One thing that is a small but recurring annoyance is the use of "thier" which should be "their".
If you have access to all dialog at once, doing and search an replace on those should be easy.

Kofferaffe

Dec 25, 2020
I like the story, the renders and the arechtype/conversation/influence-mechanic.
I like everything else about the game except the part where you are grinding harder than some Korean MMOs. :HideThePain:
i totally feel the same. I really hate the mechanic, that NPC forgott skills, even if the skill is needed again. Iirc Gina needs to train sexuality 3 times in a row from 0 to 100 again. That is not fun for me.
I also dislike, that some skill ups make Nathan weaker, Life Styles were added to counter that, but that but just a new complicated layer of time sink above the game, for example if you want the benefits from embracing healthy but run out of pink pills, you are 2 Weeks locked in embracing unhealthy. Not a good game design in my opionion.

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
i totally feel the same. I really hate the mechanic, that NPC forgott skills, even if the skill is needed again. Iirc Gina needs to train sexuality 3 times in a row from 0 to 100 again. That is not fun for me.
The skill list on the characters page doesn't represent thier knowledge of those skills, it represents thier interest in those skills/fields, which would wax and wane. This is a limitor to keep a character from flopping AT's at a rediculous rate.

I also dislike, that some skill ups make Nathan weaker, Life Styles were added to counter that, but that but just a new complicated layer of time sink above the game, for example if you want the benefits from embracing healthy but run out of pink pills, you are 2 Weeks locked in embracing unhealthy. Not a good game design in my opionion.
Lifestyles as the name implies are not meant to be switched between regularly. Therefore...seems to me that the design is quite good. Perhaps you are trying to use them in a way that is not intended, and not opitmal. Some of the strongest effects in the game come from Lifestyle embraced perks that have negative consequences.That's balance through meaningful choice. You can choose the positive skill with some decent perks, or the negative skill with some negative side effects, but very strong perks. Sounds to me like you just want to have your cake and eat it to. Well....too bad.

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
I really like the game, thank you for making it.
One thing that is a small but recurring annoyance is the use of "thier" which should be "their".
If you have access to all dialog at once, doing and search an replace on those should be easy.
I don't have access to all the dialogue in a single place. Each scene is it's own scriptable object. But I do have someone that regularly sends me typo reports on my horrible their/thier problem :D

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
You can choose the positive skill with some decent perks, or the negative skill with some negative side effects, but very strong perks.
But it's only a meaningful choice if both options (or staying neutral) provide some sort of interesting gameplay and the same amount of progression. At one point in the game, embracing unhealthy and the drug dealer perks that comes with it both lead to faster progress as well as two new gameplay options, while embracing healthy neither particularly helps with progression nor adds new gameplay.

Mikey_Boy101

Nov 8, 2020
But it's only a meaningful choice if both options (or staying neutral) provide some sort of interesting gameplay and the same amount of progression. At one point in the game, embracing unhealthy and the drug dealer perks that comes with it both lead to faster progress as well as two new gameplay options, while embracing healthy neither particularly helps with progression nor adds new gameplay.
I disagree. Embracing Healthy has the benefit of giving more money when working at the Gym and the option to help Diane work out when she is in her Resigned AT. It also gives you the Meditate action which can give you exp for the Psychology skill and gives you the Topic Ohhhmmm which you can burn for more Psychology exp. Tags assocciated to the Psychology skill are a bit harder to find in the world.

3.00 star(s) 112 Votes