Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Not sure whether or not this has been asked here before - but do you need play book 1 before 2 to get the full experience or are they more standalone chapters...?
best experience yes, specifically no you can go for book 2 imediatly! but you loose whats best about the story, which is the story!

Droid Productions
i think i might discovered a band that would make an amazing sound track for your game! it´s a celtic inspired group kind off!

particularly if you are going into the Elven court...

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Not sure whether or not this has been asked here before - but do you need play book 1 before 2 to get the full experience or are they more standalone chapters...?
I'd definitely recommend playing book 1 first. The savegame at the end of Book 1 is loaded into Book 2, and continues your adventure. Book 1 ends day 115 ingames (New Year's Eve), Book 2 continues from day 116 (New Year's Day).

Selesteen

Sep 27, 2019
I also consider more then one playthrough of book one. There is so much hidden in the dialogue that is missable on a first go.

Also droid , book one is now of my most replayed games, it's up there with TES4:Oblivion and Kingdom Hearts 2

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I also consider more then one playthrough of book one. There is so much hidden in the dialogue that is missable on a first go.

Also droid , book one is now of my most replayed games, it's up there with TES4:Oblivion and Kingdom Hearts 2
I played through book1 six times, to position myself for book2 and because IMHO it's simply not possible to explore book1 with fewer than 2-3 play throughs. Besides, book1 is one helluva lot of fun.

Selesteen

Sep 27, 2019
I played through book1 six times, to position myself for book2 and because IMHO it's simply not possible to explore book1 with fewer than 2-3 play throughs. Besides, book1 is one helluva lot of fun.
way to much fun, I have an unhealthy obsession with Chloe and so many questions. But most of all, what is her play? There must be hints in the dialogue somewhere just haven't found them yet ....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And the scene with Xochi in the Kings Dragon Hot Tub, points to so much more, so much bigger. And I can't place it ...

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I did a preview for one of the scenes in Act X (technically it's a spoiler, but without context it might be better treated as a teaser ;), as well as a shot breakdown for anyone interested in how it was done.|

Last edited:

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
I did a preview for one of the scenes in Act X (technically it's a spoiler, but without context it might be better treated as a teaser ;), as well as a shot breakdown for anyone interested in how it was done.|

your animations are getting better! smoother so to speak!
So here have a yearbook quote!
"Eagles May Soar In The Clouds, But Weasels Never Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

Reactions: Real Kreten

cbsx

May 4, 2020
your animations are getting better! smoother so to speak!
So here have a yearbook quote!
"Eagles May Soar In The Clouds, But Weasels Never Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"
For most of the in game animations Droid uses A.I. frame interpolation software to increase the apparent frame rate of the animation to lower the 3D render load of creating them. That's why Droid said there's a lot more frames in that animation compared to the usual. Basically allows you to take 10FPS and have the computer calculate and insert frames to bring it up to 30FPS, for instance. That's why the game's animations have that 'feel' to them. Sacrifices to be made when you're not running dual 3090s or some other render farm. ;)

Last edited:

Jaango

Aug 15, 2021
bella_dressed.png

With yesterday's update I'm closing up on Act X complete. I've got the final event left (Day 182), and it's done. The Discord game are testing it at the moment, throwing up bugs (especially related to the three paths that weave its way through the event), but I have dreams of having it done this weekend.

Looking at the Calendar, I'm also closing up on the end of Book 2. Once day 182 is done, there's only 12 days left of the book, which ends day 194. Of the final days I'm done writing the last 4 days, and halfway through rendering them. The End (of Book 2) is indeed neigh.

Before I get *there*, though, I have some other things to do. Act X+ will be centered on Elsewhere, adding new enemies, new random encounters, finishing Draco's questline and cleaning up the strategy game. As usual the Act+ sequences are a bit lighter in content (he says hopefully), so tentatively I hope to complete it by mid/end May.

Hope you'll all enjoy the new update, either on Steam's beta branch now (just make sure you stop before Day 182) or when the testers are done.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes