anonbaggins

Mar 20, 2019
Terminal, yes.
Still not working unfortunately. Says "You do not have permission".

In the terminal, once I enter those 2 commands, it says "Password: (insert "key" imaged)"... but when I enter my password (I'm assuming for my login info on my Mac?), it says "incorrect password"

EDIT: I can't get it to work at all now. Tried a few different things, and now when I enter the 1st command, it just says "file not found".

Super frustrating.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

In the terminal, once I enter those 2 commands, it says "Password: (insert "key" imaged)"... but when I enter my password (I'm assuming for my login info on my Mac?), it says "incorrect password"

EDIT: I can't get it to work at all now. Tried a few different things, and now when I enter the 1st command, it just says "file not found".

Super frustrating.
In your case I would assume the file is downloaded to somewhere different than where the instructions assume they are.

-rc /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2 => this assumes that you've unzipped the app on the Desktop. If you had it somewhere else instead you'd need to change it to that.

The first command, xattr -rc removes the . This is added by the OS when an exe is unzipped, and prevents it from running.

Let's break down the second command:
sudo chmod -R 755 /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2

=> this means "run this command as admin" (and is why it wants your password to confirm that you're sure about running as administrator)

=> change the file permission. In this case we're adding
-R 755 => ensures the file is now an executable
/Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2 => location of file.

There's more information about various gatekeeper issues on OSX here:

Unfortunately Mac OS is increasingly becoming hostile to anything not bought through the AppStore, so this process is likely to become a common issue for you. As an aside, if you get the game on Steam it'll work out of the box on OSX.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Out of curiosity, is it just because you don't like a female MC / viewpoint, or is it related to Katie's personality?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Sounds like it brought their masculinity into question.
Well, Katie *does* have a tendency to do that to some people, I guess :) Anyway, it's a pretty core part of the act so I guess it's too bad if they don't like it. The sex scene from her POV is optional (dependent on you buying her the bottle of Whisky), and I actually had a lot of fun writing it. I like doing new things, and this was definitely a new experience.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well, Katie *does* have a tendency to do that to some people, I guess :) Anyway, it's a pretty core part of the act so I guess it's too bad if they don't like it. The sex scene from her POV is optional (dependent on you buying her the bottle of Whisky), and I actually had a lot of fun writing it. I like doing new things, and this was definitely a new experience.
It's gettng tempting to just play it, I want to see it now I know she's not gonna turn heel on me.

Be interesting to see things from Katie's PoV, she's had a bit of a hot streak since we met her.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It's gettng tempting to just play it, I want to see it now I know she's not gonna turn heel on me.

Be interesting to see things from Katie's PoV, she's had a bit of a hot streak since we met her.
I think you'll enjoy it :) How far along did you get before you shelved it?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think you'll enjoy it :) How far along did you get before you shelved it?
I played a couple of updates into Book 2, the only reason I did stop was because I wanted to put off any kind of fight between him and Katie so figured best bet would be to wait for Book 2 to finish then deal with it all at once.

Now I know she isn't going to go and BBQ the nice people all is welland i'd love to see things from her PoV.

I know I saw the big meeting where he sees his dad, I think it was around there I took the break.

Also wanted to steal Val from Freya.

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
i can't, for the life of me, find Bellanoch for Keith funeral
Where the hell do i need to go? lol

Jimbog

Feb 27, 2018

Super frustrating.

I was able to use this on my Mac. I found the easiest way was to put the game on my desktop and use the strings that Droid has given.

One thing that you might be having trouble with is where the game actually is,you cannot just use the folder that is unzipped, try going into the game folder and putting the Love of Magic Book2 game start icon, into the Love of Magic Book2 folder and then moving that folder to your desktop.

The two strings have to be entered separately in Terminal and Droid has given good instructions for those. Note that you have to type them and can't copy and paste them. After the first string is entered correctly you will get your usual prompt again, then enter the second string.

If the second string is entered correctly you will get a password prompt. Type your password, note that nothing is going to show up on your screen as you type but keep typing, hit enter and all should be good. There will be no bells and whistles telling you that it now works, but you can go to Desktop and the game should open. The folder than then be moved wherever you want and it will open properly.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
its the amount of mornings lost! i played the new update full yesterday, and when i got to the end i noticed i had fucked up and forgot to activate the house guard! (yeah i know my fault but still)

basically my play through is stuck at day 135 until the realm events are finished anyway but i suspect that`s what it means, at least that`s what it does for me!

as for sex scenes from a female point of view i just skip trough it, and yes i feel a bit uneasy, i do play a few games where sometimes you must act as the female MC (always a great minority) but for the story i plough trough!
Fascinating data-point. I just had fun writing it; it was something new and fresh, and I love being challenged. Trying to write a sex scene from a woman's point of view was just... interesting. Even though Katie's at least half boy, as Molly said (she also said the only thing flatter than her abs was her tits, which is just Molly being Molly).

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
Out of curiosity, is it just because you don't like a female MC / viewpoint, or is it related to Katie's personality?
Haven't completed Book 2 yet, but multiple protagonsit games always end up being a mess either story wise, immersive wise or just regular I don't like play female protagonsit wise. Often comes also with losing to get scenes and ntr.
Hope it's nothing this drastic, because Book 1 had amazing story and narrative.

Reactions: EJW

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Haven't completed Book 2 yet, but multiple protagonsit games always end up being a mess either story wise, immersive wise or just regular I don't like play female protagonsit wise. Often comes also with losing to get scenes and ntr.
Hope it's nothing this drastic, because Book 1 had amazing story and narrative.
Nah, nothing like that. The 'camera' jumps to Katie as she goes on a crusade of vengeance; the only sex involved is her banging MC.

Reactions: SomeoneX22

ExaltedMidget

Mar 22, 2018
Nah, nothing like that. The 'camera' jumps to Katie as she goes on a crusade of vengeance; the only sex involved is her banging MC.
The camera switching is why I don't like it, I hate when games Try to give me info the player character doesn't have, I consider it bad writing and game design. What ever info I am supposed to be getting I don't I click through it because if the player char doesn't know something the player shouldn't either. It kills the Suspension of Disbelief.

Last edited:

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
Is anything changed with save system for Book 2?
Book 1 had noticable slowdowns, proportional to number of saves, somehow even affecting QuickSave/QuickLoad feature.
I tried to minimize amount of save files because of that, but still ended up with 62 manual, and 214 overall, because there is no scene gallery, just CGs.
Not being able to overwrite "Act completed" saves kinda frustrating if you made mistake during playthrough or just want to replay it. Had to use some tricks to clean Steam Cloud before replaying XD
Also Minotaur card back still bugged on latest Steam build and wasn't opened after Icebox rescue. I double checked by replaying day 63.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes