EJW

Jul 13, 2018
Who says he doesn't? ;) I retort. Does a crown have to be material?
No, but I thought for Emily, with the way she does things by the book, the MC should get one.
I don't recall any crowning ceremony, but this game has so much content, it's difficult to remember everything at this point, so I may well be wrong.
I'm replaying it now. (I have played it 4 times now.) No, he doesn't have a crown.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
With the crown discussion ongoing, and my perverted mind... would the MC's crown be a cockring? :D

*edit*: I've come up with the perfect scene too, each chosen passes the "crown" from one mouth to the next, all the way to Jenny, who will then, "crown" the king's 2nd head, with her mouth. Perfection right there!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chris2606 and EJW

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
"Pray not for an easy life, Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"

Once again, this game amazes me. Kind of blown away by this game.... ;) Clearly the creator knows his shit.
If you kind of blow off most of Book 2 and just read in the coffee shop or your bar three times a day every day you can exhaust all the books in the game and learn where the dev found most of these great quotes. They must have studied history because these books kind of serve as footnotes. I expect there will be an annotated bibliography at the end of the game.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So, someone posted this lovely little reaction GIF from 1980s anime Dirty Pair.
dirty-pair-anime.gif

Which got me inspired to plan around a little on a hung-over Saturday morning. It's not getting USED for anything (which is why I'm wilfully ignoring those godammned shoulder epaulets colliding with Katie's face), but it was a fun little study of MY hot redhead and brunette :)
View attachment dirty_pair.mp4

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If you kind of blow off most of Book 2 and just read in the coffee shop or your bar three times a day every day you can exhaust all the books in the game and learn where the dev found most of these great quotes. They must have studied history because these books kind of serve as footnotes. I expect there will be an annotated bibliography at the end of the game.
The books will be readable in Book 3 as well, so it's not all wasted :)

Reactions: NewTricks

fehaen

May 22, 2020
This is without a doubt the best h game I've ever played

If I can suggest though, add a cheat to unlock all memories. I no longer have my previous save and I would have liked to relook at some of the scenes from book 1 before playing 2 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Droid Productions

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Droid Productions I have just finished playing the 2 Books. Wow, a really wonderful game. The story is the best part.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I feel your pain. She was my absolute, positive, favorite. She was the one I wanted to spend my last day with, but I couldn't find her. Sorry Gwen, but it's the truth.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
without_magic.gif with_magic.gif

I was making a little music video for Book 3, and someone on discord saw an early preview and requested a SIG.

I figure I'd share it with you guys.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
And the video that got me inspired :)

I love epic music, and by Finnish composer ended up being played on repeat for a while; it felt like it really echoed a part of the central message of Book 3 of Love of Magic, and after reaching out to him I got permission to make a little AMV using it as a track.

Hope you enjoy it!

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
And the video that got me inspired :)

I love epic music, and by Finnish composer ended up being played on repeat for a while; it felt like it really echoed a part of the central message of Book 3 of Love of Magic, and after reaching out to him I got permission to make a little AMV using it as a track.

Hope you enjoy it!
you should make a poll to pick 2-3 new book collections like John gwayne the faithfull and the fallen series or eriksen and the malazan book of the fallen, or some historical series like the sharpe series by bernard cromwell (still prefer the saxon chronicles) or iggulden´s war of the roses or Maurice Druon les rois maudites!

just an idea to get people engaged!
So some book suggestions then, well more like series but he
(List is in order that I remember the name of, forgot a whole bunch of others)

'Super hero'
Parahumans - or , by Wildbow (Free web novel, completed, comes highly recommended)

Fantasy
Malazan The Book of the Fallen, by Steven Erikson
The Choaswar Saga, by Raymond E. Feist
The Stromlight Arcive, by Brandon Sanderson
The Belgariad Series, by David Eddings
The Dreamers, by David Eddings
The Kingkiller Chronicle, Patrick Rothfuss
The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, Stephen R. Donaldson
Old Kingdom Series, by Garth Nix
feist you mean what i know as the mage series right?

there seems to be some interesting options there!

there is also another one which he wrote with Jenny wurts which are quite good! sugested by a girlfriend or else i would never had read them...

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
you should make a poll to pick 2-3 new book collections like John gwayne the faithfull and the fallen series or eriksen and the malazan book of the fallen, or some historical series like the sharpe series by bernard cromwell (still prefer the saxon chronicles) or iggulden´s war of the roses or Maurice Druon les rois maudites!

just an idea to get people engaged!
Could be fun... how about this, people plonk down suggestions here, and I'll do a patreon poll on it.

(and yes, I'm filtering this, so if you suggest Tomas the Tank Engine's Big Day Out, I'm not putting that on the voting list; I understand how the internet works)

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Could be fun... how about this, people plonk down suggestions here, and I'll do a patreon poll on it.

(and yes, I'm filtering this, so if you suggest Tomas the Tank Engine's Big Day Out, I'm not putting that on the voting list; I understand how the internet works)
Idk, I think the MC could get a lot of value out of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021

Something by PG Wodehouse! Psmith in the City! perhaps. Or something from Blandings castle series.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes