motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
So... I downloaded .5.11c and when I try to start a new game and load my save from Book 2 I get the wormhole, Chloe's eyes then a black screen. When I try to load saves from v .4.10 I get the image (i.e. Molly in her stewardess outfit) but no text or controls. Bad upload or download maybe? I'm on win64

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So... I downloaded .5.11c and when I try to start a new game and load my save from Book 2 I get the wormhole, Chloe's eyes then a black screen. When I try to load saves from v .4.10 I get the image (i.e. Molly in her stewardess outfit) but no text or controls. Bad upload or download maybe? I'm on win64
Hmm... could you get me the player.log file, let's see what's going on.

On Win64 it will be here:
%USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

(or c:\users\username/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic). If you have "hide known extensions" the file will be called just player.

In general, the build's been sitting there getting tested for a week, so it *should* be good.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Hmm... could you get me the player.log file, let's see what's going on.

On Win64 it will be here:
%USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

(or c:\users\username/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic). If you have "hide known extensions" the file will be called just player.

In general, the build's been sitting there getting tested for a week, so it *should* be good.
I have Player.log and Player-prev.log. The attach files button is telling me .log files are not allowed?

Edit: Oops, how dumb of I. It wanted me to zip it... hehe here it is.

Last edited:

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
I think, that game just starting with hidden UI. Try push "H" or eye in right down corner to test my suspicion.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I think, that game just starting with hidden UI. Try push "H" or eye in right down corner to test my suspicion.
You are a genious, man. And now I feel double dumb. Hovering over the eye reveals text, "Show UI". Hehe I didn't even think to look since I never hide the user interface. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Real Kreten

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I have Player.log and Player-prev.log. The attach files button is telling me .log files are not allowed?

Edit: Oops, how dumb of I. It wanted me to zip it... hehe here it is.
Nothing in the directory :)

And yeah, try clicking the middle mouse button / H key, see if that helps.

Reactions: motseer

Habequiddum

Mar 13, 2018
Are you going to be releasing book 3 any time soon on Steam?

When you do release book 3, am I going to be able to use my save from the developmental path of book 2? I ask because I wasn't able to import my book 1 developmental path save into book 2.

Tonyloco

Aug 11, 2020
If you're enjoying the story, Book 1 and Book 2 are about to go up on the Steam Summer Sale. It's how I pay rent :)

Give Book 3 a wishlist to help it do well at launch
There seems to be something wrong with Steam, I was waiting for the game to be completed to buy it, and in the Wishlist it shows without the discount.

1688059205285.png

But when you add it to the cart it shows the discount...

I was wondering why so few games in my wish-list where discounted.

1688059324616.png

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
The conversation with the mysterious wandering trader ends with a soft-lock when you click "The Daemons."

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
So. The final World Expansion act is now done.

What's in it?
- Molly's birthday
- A bunch of new side-quests related to Kingdom Quests
- Two challenge tier enemies (where you can indeed lose)
- A bunch of new kingdom events.
- New enemies for the paths
- New tier9 gems that unlock new metas
- New side events for a couple of characters
- Lots of quests now getting correctly closed off

View attachment 2732509

Full changelog
(Note Act+ updates do *not* advance the main story; they exist to breathe life into the story. The final act of Love of Magic is coming up next, with Act XVI: Eternal Summer).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you're enjoying the story, Book 1 and Book 2 are about to go up on the Steam Summer Sale. It's how I pay rent :)

Give Book 3 a wishlist to help it do well at launch
You're posting a screenshot of Spain's Steam website. I thought you didn't speak Spanish :WaitWhat:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
anyone can send save file till act 9 my files have got corrupted
Act8 and Act9 save files included. Just drop them into the save location:

PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Mac:
Saves: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Player.log: ~/Library/Logs/Droid Productions/Love of Magic/Player.log
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic