Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hi! What is the amount of pregnancy content on this game? Is like a mechanic or just some scenes? Ty
It's a reasonably central part of the plot. I wouldn't call it a mechanic; there's only one girl that is visible pregnant, but there is a significant amount of dialog about their child, the girl gets visibly pregnant, and you have an epilogue where you see the child (and her half-siblings) grown up.

It's a story first and foremost; if you just want a game where you can have kids with all girls, and they immediately give birth the next morning and then the child disappears, this is not that game.

Elde

Feb 11, 2020
That's... new.

Could you get me the player.log, let's see if there's anything weird going on.

It'll be here:

The save folder should be here:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Mac:
Saves: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Player.log: ~/Library/Logs/Droid Productions/Love of Magic/Player.log
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Sure, is it this one you are looking for ? i didnt find any .log
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i zip the player file and my save just before a combat if you need that (also thank you for taking time for me <3)

Elde

Feb 11, 2020
You've got windows set up (a terrible idea on MS's case, but...we live in a society). I'll have a look, thx.
yeah i'm not as good as i would like with computer they tend to change their setting with each version of windows -__- but thanks for this link i will change that right now! :)

Reactions: Droid Productions
Jan 12, 2022
I am currently in the process of playing through Book 1 for the first time. I was playing it a while ago but took like a 5 month break, so I forgot some of the lore. I'm currently on Day 80 and just had a conversation with Matthew the swordmaster at the bar and just had some questions about that conversation.

From what I remember, James is Katie's dad and he worked closely with Emily's mom and they both died fighting the Dragon that we just beat. From what Matthew and the MC talked about, it sounds like Emily's mom was actually in love with James but ended up marrying Erec. I can't remember if that was mentioned previously, but that was what I inferred from their conversation. Is all of that correct?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I am currently in the process of playing through Book 1 for the first time. I was playing it a while ago but took like a 5 month break, so I forgot some of the lore. I'm currently on Day 80 and just had a conversation with Matthew the swordmaster at the bar and just had some questions about that conversation.

From what I remember, James is Katie's dad and he worked closely with Emily's mom and they both died fighting the Dragon that we just beat. From what Matthew and the MC talked about, it sounds like Emily's mom was actually in love with James but ended up marrying Erec. I can't remember if that was mentioned previously, but that was what I inferred from their conversation. Is all of that correct?
The dragon killed was another one (Chloe evidently has a skill for these kinds of things).

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019

You must've missed this:

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Yeah, several characters wrote themselves far larger roles than initially intended. But that's how it *should* be, I think. You fall in love with them, and help them tell their stories.
One of the great pitfalls of GMing... You start creating characters that grow on you so much you invest days into developing all the details of their backstories and personality quirks, and then the player party just strolls by killing them without so much as "hi, die" because in your innocense you equipped the NPCs with a Ring of Bling +2 and the rogue critted their persuasion check against the rest of the party. Oh, and it also means you two weeks of work on a sub-plot creation are gone to waste, since it was all built around the now-dead NPCs.

True story.

Anyway, I think this kind of capability for empathy and imagination is necessary to create good stories, and likely one of the main reasons behind the strength of appeal of LoM.

You made it that good, Droid, precisely because you made the characters, for the lack of a better word, "real" enough.

karui

Oct 28, 2017
hello guys, I don´t know how to explain this. But when a play the game everything looks more blue...(skins,doors,etc) but when I take this picture looks normal. I don´t get it, how could I see the game in normal colours and not all in blue
1696362433812.png

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
So, one observation (not anywhere near done with book 3): there's very little freedom if you're playing to the walkthrough. I know you don't intend that to be how people play the game, but I also guess that people who aren't are missing...a lot, really. I feel like this is maybe imbalanced; that i'm only doing things and going places because the walkthrough says I should, but that the alternative would be missing most of the story. I dunno; the balance seems more im- than in the previous books, but maybe I'm wrong.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So, one observation (not anywhere near done with book 3): there's very little freedom if you're playing to the walkthrough.
Well, I mean... I didn't design it to be played to the walkthrough :)

Book 3 is a lot denser in events than Book 1 was (and Morningstar's even more so, with daily events almost every day, and 30+ days worth of side-events in a 16 days opening act). I prefer a full world to an empty one, even if that means people don't see all the content in one play-through.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Well, I mean... I didn't design it to be played to the walkthrough :)
Again, I fully understand. But as someone who plays this for the core story rather than everything else, to which I can get one day after I've done so, it's...dense. Anyway, I just wanted to point out that 3 is packed compared to 1 & 2.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Again, I fully understand. But as someone who plays this for the core story rather than everything else, to which I can get one day after I've done so, it's...dense. Anyway, I just wanted to point out that 3 is packed compared to 1 & 2.
Yeah, it's on purpose :)

Morningstar right now is even more so, and there's not even any random paths yet :)

I wanted the Persona 4/5 feel of a big world out there, where your choices of how to spend your time matters, because there's not enough time to do everything.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I guess it's about game design: if there's A Story I want to be able to play all of it in a single playthrough, and that's true whether there's just one LI or a harem. If there are branches and such, then multiple playthroughs to get at all the content make complete sense. But I don't enjoy single-story content to which I can't get. Just me? Maybe.

Sihn8

Dec 26, 2017
So... I'm nearing end of book 1 and i have to ask is it possible to not date/get together with Emily?

She is the only female in the game who's relationship or involvement you have with her is non negotiable. all of the side women you acquire along the way you can choose to never have sexual relations with and remain purely devoted to Emily, but Emily is set in stone. Playing this game without romancing her is like trying to have Lord of the Rings without Frodo.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes