budgierless

Aug 6, 2020
hi,
can some please help, i am stuck trying to get the voidblast gem from HEL on day 269, i keep getting killed with one hit from her, what am i missging to withstand the hit, i cant block with X because i die before i get a chance to use him. please advise thanks.

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
hi,
can some please help, i am stuck trying to get the voidblast gem from HEL on day 269, i keep getting killed with one hit from her, what am i missging to withstand the hit, i cant block with X because i die before i get a chance to use him. please advise thanks.
Barrier and Shield are useless against her so don't bother. Easiest cheese is using a Lightning deck against her. Use Akane+Dylan+Xochi to manipulate the board up to 3 times per turn and use X to boost your attack to x2. If you have Circuit Break (which you should), put it in something like Flush so you can use it with Akane when needed.

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
I just started a complete replay from Book 1 and it struck me how I never noticed before how much MC's mom looks like Molly and they are both Sorceresses and chosen. Hmmm

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I just started a complete replay from Book 1 and it struck me how I never noticed before how much MC's mom looks like Molly and they are both Sorceresses and chosen. Hmmm
:)
That part is intentional. They also share the hair asset (with slightly different tones), which is part of why she looks quite close to Molly.

Reactions: Macinnes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
imagine being called a troll just for state an opinion, keep going, in 5 years you will cannot state your opinion even if it fits in a collective crowd, fucking bastards
Maybe reread your original comment :p

Now if you want people to take you seriously on a game a lot of people consider to be one of the top 10 best on this forum. Well maybe you need to give a few more arguments for your opinion, that go beyond I do not like that for personal reasons or are just lose blanks to show how tough you possibly are by shitting on something most people can agree is a pretty well done game even if not to their taste. :p

Reactions: cbsx

cbsx

May 4, 2020
Don't... feed the trolls, especially ones so obvious they created their account an hour ago just so they could troll.
But it's so harrrddd... :censored: Imagine thinking "sucks as fuck" is a valid critique... :poop:

budgierless

Aug 6, 2020
Barrier and Shield are useless against her so don't bother. Easiest cheese is using a Lightning deck against her. Use Akane+Dylan+Xochi to manipulate the board up to 3 times per turn and use X to boost your attack to x2. If you have Circuit Break (which you should), put it in something like Flush so you can use it with Akane when needed.
Thanks so much for giving me an idea where to start, I dont have "Circuit Break" not sure where I missed it, is from a vendor or something? I will try to find out, not seen it on the wiki I have no glue what it dose but will try to find out more detils about it too I guess.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks so much for giving me an idea where to start, I dont have "Circuit Break" not sure where I missed it, is from a vendor or something? I will try to find out, not seen it on the wiki I have no glue what it dose but will try to find out more detils about it too I guess.
Circuit Breaker is one of the gems sold by the Salesman in Book 3.

In general, a pure lightning build, or a fire/lightning build (with Akane/Xochi/Katie) can deal a lot of damage without letting the opponent return fire. Circuit Breaker will stop the lightning resistence. But Hel is *meant* to be the nastiest thing you face in the playthrough; her fight unlock one of the New Game+ storylines I'm eyeing :)

budgierless

Aug 6, 2020
Circuit Breaker is one of the gems sold by the Salesman in Book 3.

In general, a pure lightning build, or a fire/lightning build (with Akane/Xochi/Katie) can deal a lot of damage without letting the opponent return fire. Circuit Breaker will stop the lightning resistence. But Hel is *meant* to be the nastiest thing you face in the playthrough; her fight unlock one of the New Game+ storylines I'm eyeing :)
So i got Circuit Break not and added it to flush but when i used it, I still died on first hit, "i used akene is setup desk so i could use flush and set dylan to make refresh then xochi for regen" advise?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So i got Circuit Break not and added it to flush but when i used it, I still died on first hit, "i used akene is setup desk so i could use flush and set dylan to make refresh then xochi for regen" advise?
So first of all, if it kills you too easily, pressing 0 still works. This is a *nasty* fight, meant to push even poker pros to the edge.

The short answer is that pretty much any takedown is going to rely on lightning and circuit breaker to keep her from acting. At that point you need to do inane amounts of damage really fast; Katie and her fire-doubling power, combined with Xochi/Dylan's ability to refresh her doubles, is the simplest way. MC focuses on stunning her with lightning, Katie adds the fire, and Xochi/Dylan lets her double it.

Reactions: budgierless

budgierless

Aug 6, 2020
So first of all, if it kills you too easily, pressing 0 still works. This is a *nasty* fight, meant to push even poker pros to the edge.

The short answer is that pretty much any takedown is going to rely on lightning and circuit breaker to keep her from acting. At that point you need to do inane amounts of damage really fast; Katie and her fire-doubling power, combined with Xochi/Dylan's ability to refresh her doubles, is the simplest way. MC focuses on stunning her with lightning, Katie adds the fire, and Xochi/Dylan lets her double it.
I did it, thanks for the help guys!!

Aug 5, 2017
i did have an end game question myself (big spoilers):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hi,

So I've looked for a while now. I have a dual boot machine and apparently was playing your books on Linux rather than Windows (odd for me). Anyway, I mistakenly downloaded the complete book on the windows side. It took a couple days and I have severly low data caps, so I'd prefer not to download the linux one if possible.

All that said, I have dug and dug and not found the path in my linux drive shown in this thread. I also do not have the upload a save button for some reason. But I have done book 3 up to ver .4 and would like to keep my characters. I'll download linux again if I have to though.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
I'm assuming that you're not playing from steam, which is a whole different setup.

If you were playing on linux you may have been using the windows version of the game with wine. It puts it in the windows path in the emulated C: drive, so:

Code:
~/.wine/drive_c/users/<your username>/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions
The easiest way to find it might just be to look around for Player.log files, since unity games always create one.

This will search everything in your home directory for files named Player.log (this is case-sensitive)
Code:
find ~ -name Player.log
If you find one in a Love of Magic directory, your saves will be there.

If you are using steam, it puts Proton (their copy of wine) in CompatData:
Code:
~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/<bunchofnumbers>/pfx/drive_c
There's going to be one <bunchofnumbers> folder for every game you've got on linux, steam keeps them separated.

I see you beat her, but for anyone else getting stuck on this fight:

Normally every time you stun someone with lightning it takes a bigger stack to stun them again, for the rest of the fight. Circuit Breaker sets it back to 10. But Circuit Breaker doesn't do any lightning damage itself, so you need to use a regular lightning gem first. Also you don't need CB until their counter gets high enough that you can't keep them stunned.

And she cleanses all status effects every 2 turns. Because Droid wants to keep us on our toes.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes