Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions, a question I normally avoid asking but just can't resist atm. Could you give a ballpark estimate of when a final version of the NG+ Book 1 will be available here?
I *think* I'm more or less done. Some achievement issues came in last week, and those got resolved. Likely this weekend; it's more of an issue about not wanting to mirror every tiny change; the steam build always gets that, but that's a 5 second fix, not a 1 hr process.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I *think* I'm more or less done. Some achievement issues came in last week, and those got resolved. Likely this weekend; it's more of an issue about not wanting to mirror every tiny change; the steam build always gets that, but that's a 5 second fix, not a 1 hr process.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Droid Productions
Hey Droid both Molly's and Akane's main song seems to be to high in volume, I have to turn Molly's down to almost off to lower the volume and Akane's needs to be lower to match other songs.
Akane's is not as bad as Molly's but its still a little high.
Having to lower them down when it comes and then having to raise it back up is getting a little old.
Is there any fine tuning you can do with them?

Reactions: Warscared

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions
Hey Droid both Molly's and Akane's main song seems to be to high in volume, I have to turn Molly's down to almost off to lower the volume and Akane's needs to be lower to match other songs.
Akane's is not as bad as Molly's but its still a little high.
Having to lower them down when it comes and then having to raise it back up is getting a little old.
Is there any fine tuning you can do with them?
I could probably adjust it in audacity or something; not something I've done so far. (and obviously another thing to do before I once again build for 1,000 channels :( )

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions, a question I normally avoid asking but just can't resist atm. Could you give a ballpark estimate of when a final version of the NG+ Book 1 will be available here?
Up now. I did an upload last week, but then some more issues came in. Obviously building for all of these platforms, with 5 mirrors each, is a pain in the ass :)

Win64: - - - - MEGA
Win32: - - - - MEGA
OSX: - - - - MEGA
Linux: - - - - MEGA

With that, Love of Magic Book 1's New Game+ journey is done.
Next up, Book 2.

If you can support them, do; I give steam keys to all supporters, both on
and .
You can also grab them directly on Steam:

Apart from that, what's next? Well, Book 2 NG+, for one.
I'm also closing up on complete on Morningstar: Book of the Fallen.

I just posted Act V: Kingdom Come live today; do give it a wishlist if it looks interesting!

ExaltedMidget

Mar 22, 2018
I during act 2, I know, Droid Production ruined chapter 2, by making scenes where you saw things from the Katies point of view. Did they continue that in chapter 3

Last edited:

DSantajack

Nov 15, 2023
Finished Book 1: Enjoyed the story for the most part. Halfway had to start skipping chunks of it as every new character that joined the ensamble needed to be reminded of the whole story up to that point and felt like lot of filler. Also by the end I was a bit confused if the game had actually finished and skiped a bunch of days of nothingnes until the proper end.

What drew me to the game was the combat mechanic, I spent quite some time improving my gems and trying different combinations, exploring was fun most of the time. It was disapointing that you couldn't use any of that for the final chapter, everything was in autopilot/autowin mode.

Didn't care much about the lewd parts, they where fine and felt more like and extra crumbled here and there, a bit weird as they can't stop talking about it but acting on it its kinda rare.

TLDR: Book1 good story but with some unnecesary filler, interesting combat with a let down in the end, fine lewd content but skippable (for me). All in all a pleasant experience with some "buts" and some butts.

Felt weird to write a review having only played what I think is 1/5th of the game so I will leave it here. I guess 4*?

- Question without spoilers please, does combat get a bit more of love (or magic..) in Book2? The story starts to get too comboluted for my taste and if combat is again something to fill the days but has no use in the endgame, then it's probably not for me.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
New Scientific Theory: The most likely survivor of global thermonuclear war is not the cockroach.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Up now. I did an upload last week, but then some more issues came in. Obviously building for all of these platforms, with 5 mirrors each, is a pain in the ass :)

Win64: - - - - MEGA
Win32: - - - - MEGA
OSX: - - - - MEGA
Linux: - - - - MEGA

With that, Love of Magic Book 1's New Game+ journey is done.
Next up, Book 2.

If you can support them, do; I give steam keys to all supporters, both on
and .
You can also grab them directly on Steam:

Apart from that, what's next? Well, Book 2 NG+, for one.
I'm also closing up on complete on Morningstar: Book of the Fallen.

I just posted Act V: Kingdom Come live today; do give it a wishlist if it looks interesting!
I have soooooooooooo been looking forward to this! Thx, Droid.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I during act 2, I know, Droid Production ruined chapter 2, by making scenes where you saw things from the Katies point of view. Did they continue that in chapter 3
Have no idea what you are talking about being "ruined", to me it was a very nice touch to the game.

No, chapter 3 or "Book 3" does not have any of that.

Reactions: BruceCM and motseer

JakenBake4202

Feb 10, 2022
View attachment 533845

Overview:
Love of Magic is an erotic Visual Novel sandbox RPG, inspired by Urban Fantasy and Slice of Life games like Persona.

Thread Updated: 2024-07-26
Release Date: 2024-07-15
Developer: Droid Productions - - - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.6.11f (Book 1) 1.0.12 (Book 2) 1.0.2d (Book 3)
Length: ~50-60 hrs
Language: English
Other Games: Morningstar - Making Movies - Paradise Lust - Paradise Lust 2 - Sinners Landing
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Download and play books in order 1 -> 3

DOWNLOAD
Book 3
(Act XI-XVI)

Book 2 (Act VII-XI)

Book 1 (Act I-VI and New Game+)

Extras: SIGNATURES - - - - - -

View attachment 525186 View attachment 906444 View attachment 2009772 View attachment 906436 View attachment 906442 View attachment 906435 View attachment 906437 View attachment 906445 View attachment 906446 View attachment 906440 View attachment 906443 View attachment 906439
How do you get the Osx version to work on mac? i feel like ive tried everything...

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
How do you get the Osx version to work on mac? i feel like ive tried everything...
There's an installation instruction, but basically:
- you need to go to where it's installed, then remove the quarantine flag (apple adds that to any executable downloaded from the net)
1722043307350.png

then you need to give it execution permission
sudo chmod -R 755 <path/to/application.app>

The <path/to/application.app> part depends on where you installed it.

Hope that helps.

• Yay, new update!
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes