Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Just lots of testing. Obviously the scope for generating bugs in a game like this is a lot higher than in a RenPy game; in addition to the usual asset and logic bugs (which you can get in RenPy as well), you also get the unique bugs Unity itself brings to the table, and the bugs arising from stuff like the poker combat, Elsewhere, etc.

You can see the change-file, it's essentially documenting an epic running battle of man vs bugs.

SheepMeUp

Mar 11, 2018
Old version:
View attachment 654178

New Version:
View attachment 654179

So. What changed? A bunch of little things.

DAZ:
- Animation was left to run over-night. Higher iteration counts and higher base resolution
- Removed that jerk in the elbow that was bugging me
- Bumped up the emissive lighting of the fireball, and removed the actual non-animating fire prop

After Effects:
- Redid the tracking of the fireball, reduced the size (since it didn't need to cover up the original fire)
- Added a second particle system for the sparks

Photoshop:
The frame was actually off by a couple of pixels, fixed that.

Animation is hard :(
it looks a little like Katie is creating her own little sun system, with stars and planets tucked at the fireball... 1589347033168.png
So Katie's the new goddess of fire?

• Love
Reactions: Brother Lui
D

Deleted member 59977

So if I understand this correctly the next chapter is the end of Book 1 correct?

How many books are planned in total? I understand this is subject to change but do you have any rough estimates or goals around this?

Its a great game by the way. The sex scenes are nice but it is one of the few adult games on this site where the story/characters are the highlight and not the adult content.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So if I understand this correctly the next chapter is the end of Book 1 correct?

How many books are planned in total? I understand this is subject to change but do you have any rough estimates or goals around this?

Its a great game by the way. The sex scenes are nice but it is one of the few adult games on this site where the story/characters are the highlight and not the adult content.
Next act (Act V: What was Promised) rounds out the first Book (called The Crown).
Book 2 is The War, and Book 3 is The Return. Looking at more or less the same length for each of them, so ~15 acts all in all.

Apart from that, next public build is uploading now :) Not Act V (sadly), but lots of bug-fixes, some new events and two new sex-scenes.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Okay, 0.4.11b is *live*.

What's new?
- Big new Katie sequence in the second half of Act IV (or in game+)
- Rewrote day 75, including a substantially nice scene with Emily, and updated dialog for Chloe that fits her better
- Two new events for Olivia (following up on her tentacle troubles + setting up Black Rose III for next update)
- New event in Elsewhere for Kitsune (at the Shrine)
- An easter egg shout-out to my Discord regulars (I'll let you guys unpack where the references are; triggers off the Grassmarket after day 55
- A complete typo-pass (of all 293 pages of text.....)
- Lots and lots of polish fixes, bug fixes, guards and tweaks
- And a jukebox....

The plan for next update concludes act IV+, and adds Black Rose III, another Matthew event, and some other story-centric stuff. I'll also fix that damned Memories element even if it kills me :)

Full change notes from last public release (0.4.5b):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
So is this download worth it for those of us up-to-date with the last Public release? At >2GB, it's hefty for those of use with a data-cap.

From what I understood, it fixes typos / dialogue / bugs, and adds a couple of extra scenes.

As I'm past all the bugs / dialogue, and can hang on for a couple of extra scenes, is there any other advantage (save-wise, primarily) to playing the Just Released version?

Saves will transfer from 4.5b to the next version?

raixen

Jul 31, 2019
So is this download worth it for those of us up-to-date with the last Public release? At >2GB, it's hefty for those of use with a data-cap.

From what I understood, it fixes typos / dialogue / bugs, and adds a couple of extra scenes.

As I'm past all the bugs / dialogue, and can hang on for a couple of extra scenes, is there any other advantage (save-wise, primarily) to playing the Just Released version?

Saves will transfer from 4.5b to the next version?
You could wait till the next release. As Droid mentioned there is another QoL update coming. Once he rounds off Act 4 with that, you can play that version instead.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
I'm stuck in the intro after "defeating" the minotaur. I'm in the alley, the dialogue stopped, I can click on the woman but nothing comes up. I can't click or go anywhere, am I missing something? o_O

Fatedman

Dec 20, 2018
Though I would probably love to play this game I cant get it to work, If I start the game it goes right into black screen and then it goes to white screen, is it supposed to load for a while?

Phobos69

Mar 20, 2019
I have been enjoying this game, however, I run it on a Mac. Two weeks ago I identified the right folder to use my saves with the previous version. It was working fine and the saves all were available to me. This new update, however, creates a different Unity folder under App Support. I hoped just to be able to move the Saves into that folder. Silly me..

The old folder com.Company.ProductNamecom.Company.ProductName
The new folder com.droidproductions.loveofmagic

The latter is what I would have expected from the literature

Help?

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
I'm stuck in the intro after "defeating" the minotaur. I'm in the alley, the dialogue stopped, I can click on the woman but nothing comes up. I can't click or go anywhere, am I missing something? o_O
That happened to me as well. I had to either restart the game or load a previous save, don't remember which. But the second time it worked fine. Give it a shot.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes