Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So is this download worth it for those of us up-to-date with the last Public release? At >2GB, it's hefty for those of use with a data-cap.

From what I understood, it fixes typos / dialogue / bugs, and adds a couple of extra scenes.

As I'm past all the bugs / dialogue, and can hang on for a couple of extra scenes, is there any other advantage (save-wise, primarily) to playing the Just Released version?

Saves will transfer from 4.5b to the next version?
Saves always transfer, so don't worry about that. If you're data constrained, an easier option is Steam, which only updates what changes. PM me for a steam key.

This update is one of the 'ambient' ones, it doesn't advance the story, but fleshes out the world and improves the total experience. Personally the new Day 75 is worth checking out, but it's a case of your mileage may wary.

• Red Heart
Reactions: L30 and Zenithtb

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I have been enjoying this game, however, I run it on a Mac. Two weeks ago I identified the right folder to use my saves with the previous version. It was working fine and the saves all were available to me. This new update, however, creates a different Unity folder under App Support. I hoped just to be able to move the Saves into that folder. Silly me..

The old folder com.Company.ProductNamecom.Company.ProductName
The new folder com.droidproductions.loveofmagic

The latter is what I would have expected from the literature

Help?
Huh, that's weird as hell. I haven't changed anything in terms of savegame locations. And the saves are binary compatible, you can move them around as you like (or even play the Android/OSX savegame on PC). Could you get me a zip file of the savegame folder, let me see what's going on.

Reactions: L30

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm stuck in the intro after "defeating" the minotaur. I'm in the alley, the dialogue stopped, I can click on the woman but nothing comes up. I can't click or go anywhere, am I missing something? o_O
Very curious; could you zip up and send me the save-folder, and I'll check it out.

The save folder should be here:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I am having trouble, Old saves are not working. I can start a new Game, but that's a lot of doors. :cool:
Well, that's a shitty situation. What platform are you on, and could you get me the savegame folder?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Though I would probably love to play this game I cant get it to work, If I start the game it goes right into black screen and then it goes to white screen, is it supposed to load for a while?
Nope it's supposed to play an intro video, and after abour 3 seconds you can click through to the main menu (or wait for the 5 second video to finish playing and auto-advance you). If you drop me the savegame folder (which contains the logs), I may be able to help you. What platform is this on?

Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I downloaded the new build but when I try to install it, it says it wont parse. So if someone can take a look at this i would be grateful.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Well, that's a shitty situation. What platform are you on, and could you get me the save game folder?

Oh Man, I am really sorry. I asked the question in the wrong Game. My Bad. your is Game is great, no problems, loving it(y)

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
As always, I'm an avid supporter of the game and want to play, but when I loaded up 4.11 there's still no icon for the basement/portal at the Crowley :( I haven't been playing since that didn't work because the game makes it decently obvious you need to go to Elsewhere before the next time you see Emily.

Redburn

Oct 27, 2017
I can't seem to get anywhere with Katie. can't give her the gem as a gift and already rescued her from the cottage did I mess up something?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I can't seem to get anywhere with Katie. can't give her the gem as a gift and already rescued her from the cottage did I mess up something?
Gem : you need to give it to her in the Evening. Just enter the gym one day you don't have anything better to do.
Drinks: post day 69, go to the Grassmarket in the night

Reactions: L30 and Redburn

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
As always, I'm an avid supporter of the game and want to play, but when I loaded up 4.11 there's still no icon for the basement/portal at the Crowley :( I haven't been playing since that didn't work because the game makes it decently obvious you need to go to Elsewhere before the next time you see Emily.
Okay, so just to walk through the steps needed to open the portal, and see what you've missed out on.
- Go to Katie in the gym; she'll tell you about the gems. You ponder to yourself that Chloe might have some
- Talk to Chloe, she will tell you about the portal in the basement
- Go to the basement, check out the portal, realize that you've got no business going in there yourself
- Next morning (if you don't have classes), head out to the University, meet up with Dylan + Katie, then enter Elsewhere.

Strictly speaking you shouldn't need to do the last 2 steps, but it's pretty much the core story, and missing out on it will give you continuity errors later (where did that armor come from?). Last time I just got a savegame; I can have a look again if you zip up the whole folder, so I get all the saves and log files.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Sorry I downloaded the android version
Ah, android can be a tough one. What model do you have? Sadly, because of the shaders and videos, the Android build can be a little heavy for older handsets. I did a major slimming down version for 0.4.5b, but it's possible it's still too fat for some devices.

If you're tech savvy, getting me the log file through ADB would be great, if not I'll just poke around and see if I can trace it back.

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
Okay, so just to walk through the steps needed to open the portal, and see what you've missed out on.
- Go to Katie in the gym; she'll tell you about the gems. You ponder to yourself that Chloe might have some
- Talk to Chloe, she will tell you about the portal in the basement
- Go to the basement, check out the portal, realize that you've got no business going in there yourself
- Next morning (if you don't have classes), head out to the University, meet up with Dylan + Katie, then enter Elsewhere.

Strictly speaking you shouldn't need to do the last 2 steps, but it's pretty much the core story, and missing out on it will give you continuity errors later (where did that armor come from?). Last time I just got a savegame; I can have a look again if you zip up the whole folder, so I get all the saves and log files.
So I attempted loading a save before the end of Act III to talk to Katie at the gym, but there was no option to talk to her about gems. Same with Chloe, no prompt. So I'll just do what you said, here's the whole folder.

Reactions: Droid Productions
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes