Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
started the game today and get stuck at the first minotaur fight, happens in window AND full sreen. IS there a solution?
I upgraded the player's damage dealing (for balancing other things down-stream); I think the end result of that was that it's actually possible to kill the poor thing before the full conversation happens. I'll bump up his health 100 points or so, to make sure he sticks around. Just load the last savegame, and try not to kill his pure fragile ass before Emily can help you out :)

Reactions: L30

Hammer120

Jun 4, 2019
I'm confused was this a real update to the story line, which is really good, or was this a just a bug fix update with no new content

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm confused was this a real update to the story line, which is really good, or was this a just a bug fix update with no new content
Neither; it's a side update that doesn't advance the current end of content. It adds a couple of new events that can trigger anywhere in act IV and V (including a new sex scene for Katie, after you break her out of prison), updates Day 75 in a couple of different ways, fixes a ton of bugs and adds a jukebox :)

I also spent time experimenting with sex scenes in DAZ; this is from the updated Day 75.

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
Weird. Anyway, I expanded the debug UI, it's now got an unlock all rooms (including some that aren't in use yet, but they still work fine).

Here's a savegame with it applied:
As usual, thank you for being the absolute best and putting up with this. I appreciate all the hard work you do to keep connected to your players and community. I'll dive right back in and let you know my thoughts on Act IV

Reactions: Droid Productions

dschordsch

Oct 11, 2017
I upgraded the player's damage dealing (for balancing other things down-stream); I think the end result of that was that it's actually possible to kill the poor thing before the full conversation happens. I'll bump up his health 100 points or so, to make sure he sticks around. Just load the last savegame, and try not to kill his pure fragile ass before Emily can help you out :)
Thanks for your answer, but it happens either way, after the fight i cannot click anything or do anything.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks for your answer, but it happens either way, after the fight i cannot click anything or do anything.
That's weird. Could you get me the savegame folder, I'll see if I can work out what's happening.

PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Neither; it's a side update that doesn't advance the current end of content. It adds a couple of new events that can trigger anywhere in act IV and V (including a new sex scene for Katie, after you break her out of prison), updates Day 75 in a couple of different ways, fixes a ton of bugs and adds a jukebox :)

I also spent time experimenting with sex scenes in DAZ; this is from the updated Day 75.
Would force start day 75 work to see that in game when you open a game+?

Hammer120

Jun 4, 2019

[/QUOT

Thanks for the answer love the story, worried for MC

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
I have made a walkthrough for this game, up to version 0.4.9 (will update it in a bit when I have time). It includes what days have events, how to unlock side events, what events give stat increases, what stats each book gives, information on party members (how/when they are available, what their moves do, and if they have special events in Elsewhere) and a bunch of other information. You can find the walkthrough .

Note: Some side events might be available before I list them. I have put them on the day I find them, or the day I know they are available. And some of the stuff on the walkthrough is my personal preferences (specifically about the usefulness of different party members) and other peoples play style in the poker game will differ from mine.

Sjohn99

Sep 23, 2019
Dude, Great story! There is a lot that could be improved about the game, in my opinion. But the story was great. It garbed you like a good fantasy book and coudn't put it down until the "end" speaking of which, I need an update soon! lol. Chears!

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
The story is interesting and the render look good but I have no idea how to play poker :( Can someone explain like I'm five how it work? Thanks god for the auto function otherwise there is no way I can get pass the first fight.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The story is interesting and the render look good but I have no idea how to play poker :( Can someone explain like I'm five how it work? Thanks god for the auto function otherwise there is no way I can get pass the first fight.
1589590166776.png
You arrange 5 cards to form a hand. Royal flush (All same color, in a row, A-10 is the highest, a single pair is the lowest).

That's the only similarity to actual poker. After that, things gets LoM.
1589590313588.png

Each hand corresponds to a gem slot. The better the match (say a flush vs a pair), the better gem you can put into it.

1589590526756.png

You place cards from your hand into the board to make these hands, which then triggers the gem (and casts whatever spell is associated with it). In this case, putting down the 4 and 7 will create a Flush (all the same suit). triggering the Damage4 gem slotted into the Flush spot in your staff
1589590620280.png

Only gotcha is that each match must go across the table (so I can't just make a match on the first column here).
1589590777901.png

The reason for that is that they provide an additional tactical element; if you complete another move (in this case the diagonal completed by putting down the 4), the side-lines will trigger in sympathy. So I'll get a 3 of a kind (3Q) across the diagonal, and another pair (of 4s) along the bottom. Combined with Jokers that can have fatal consequences as a well-timed attack triggers 5 different gems in a single move.
1589590909378.png

The final element is your Companions. Click their portraits to activate them. They all do different things, and their abilities change as the game progresses. Katie here is a Pyromaniac, and likes setting things on fire. Sadly fire-elementals are immune to fire damage, so while the explosion will hurt, it won't actually set him on fire.
1589591070807.png

Hope that helps :)

kauthor

Jun 15, 2018
This was the first time I played this game! My only feedback is Enter UserName? Can we change that to something else, or is that hardcoded in? Also, can we please include the Afternoon? I played it through to the end game. I have to say for an Unity game, this was fantastic! The performance of the engine is off the chart!

Theirenden

Apr 22, 2018
I'm in absolute awe! The renders, both still and animated, were amazing. But the story. The story had me "on the edge of my seat" on many occasions especially when the right track played for a given scene, and many of the more intimate scenes just radiated with either romantic or primal passion (sometimes both). Good sir, you/your team are beyond amazing in my book. rarely has a game of this kind held me enraptured by the story to the point that I look toward the release of the next chapter with such high expectations. If this were a TV series or even a movie, I have little doubt that it would be one more often than most. Admittedly, there are a few issues here and there but I know that all games in development will have them so they do not detract from my personal opinion of the game.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
This was the first time I played this game! My only feedback is Enter UserName? Can we change that to something else, or is that hardcoded in? Also, can we please include the Afternoon? I played it through to the end game. I have to say for an Unity game, this was fantastic! The performance of the engine is off the chart!
1589601191377.png
There's a User Account system on the computer. Click on that, and you can change your own name, the group name, or any individual character name or nickname.

Reactions: L30
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes