Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Ah, android can be a tough one. What model do you have? Sadly, because of the shaders and videos, the Android build can be a little heavy for older handsets. I did a major slimming down version for 0.4.5b, but it's possible it's still too fat for some devices.

If you're tech savvy, getting me the log file through ADB would be great, if not I'll just poke around and see if I can trace it back.
I'm on a galaxy note 9, not the newest but definitely not that old and I have plenty of memory on my device. Unfortunately in not that tech savvy.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm on a galaxy note 9, not the newest but definitely not that old and I have plenty of memory on my device. Unfortunately in not that tech savvy.
Yeah, a Galaxy Note 9 shouldn't have any problems at all. Okay, let's see if I can reproduce it.

Reactions: L30

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Now how would I go about getting you that log file?
If you're not already comfortable with a tool called , I hesitate to send you down that rabbit hole. If you do use ADB, just get me a log dump, I'll process it from there.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So I attempted loading a save before the end of Act III to talk to Katie at the gym, but there was no option to talk to her about gems. Same with Chloe, no prompt. So I'll just do what you said, here's the whole folder.
Weird. Anyway, I expanded the debug UI, it's now got an unlock all rooms (including some that aren't in use yet, but they still work fine).

Here's a savegame with it applied:

Reactions: abagel and L30

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
So is this download worth it for those of us up-to-date with the last Public release? At >2GB, it's hefty for those of use with a data-cap.

From what I understood, it fixes typos / dialogue / bugs, and adds a couple of extra scenes.

As I'm past all the bugs / dialogue, and can hang on for a couple of extra scenes, is there any other advantage (save-wise, primarily) to playing the Just Released version?

Saves will transfer from 4.5b to the next version?
I would suggest you play this, there's a lot of events with the girls, few easter eggs, and Emily got a nitty upgrade...

Bayonier

Sep 5, 2019
Is this a bug?

On the event "Knights of the Lake" it wont let me go back to the Crowley (missing button). Also that zombie thing is bugged since the first day in the game.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is this a bug?

On the event "Knights of the Lake" it wont let me go back to the Crowley (missing button). Also that zombie thing is bugged since the first day in the game.
Wait, that zombie has been following you around since day 1? That's *gotta* put a crimp on your dates with Emily.

"What are you looking at my heart? Is my naked bossom not enough to hold your attention?"
"Er, no... it's just this ghost thing that's been following me around since America, it's looking at your ass, I think... oh, never mind."

Pass me the savegame folder, I'll see what the hell is going on. The code's acting correctly; the exit should be hidden when you have company at the lake. But why on earth the ghost is following you around is the weird one.

PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

Fatedman

Dec 20, 2018
Nope it's supposed to play an intro video, and after abour 3 seconds you can click through to the main menu (or wait for the 5 second video to finish playing and auto-advance you). If you drop me the savegame folder (which contains the logs), I may be able to help you. What platform is this on?
Windows, I had some thoughts. If its possible it has to do with that im using Windows 64, since I saw it was a 32 build!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Windows, I had some thoughts. If its possible it has to do with that im using Windows 64, since I saw it was a 32 build!
Nah, wouldn't change anything. The 32 bit build is because both 64 and 32 bit windows will run it, and I don't need the additional memory space 64bit would give me. If you're on Windows I'm *really* interested in getting a log file.

One note; I've previously had a bug where someone unzipped the build into Mega itself, and the reason it failed to run was that it was on an encrypted disk it didn't have access to. Just checking that's not where you've got it located.

Fatedman

Dec 20, 2018
Nah, wouldn't change anything. The 32 bit build is because both 64 and 32 bit windows will run it, and I don't need the additional memory space 64bit would give me. If you're on Windows I'm *really* interested in getting a log file.

One note; I've previously had a bug where someone unzipped the build into Mega itself, and the reason it failed to run was that it was on an encrypted disk it didn't have access to. Just checking that's not where you've got it located.

I thankfully fixed that problem by placing the game in the C: drive. I use an SSD so I automatically use D:

Reactions: Droid Productions

Phobos69

Mar 20, 2019
Huh, that's weird as hell. I haven't changed anything in terms of savegame locations. And the saves are binary compatible, you can move them around as you like (or even play the Android/OSX savegame on PC). Could you get me a zip file of the savegame folder, let me see what's going on.
Here you go, i have provided both Savegame folders. I am using Catalina 10.15.4 btw.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I thankfully fixed that problem by placing the game in the C: drive. I use an SSD so I automatically use D:
Oh, cool. So it works now?

If not, get me the savegame. Since it appears to be an actual crash, the actual crash-log file would be useful as well : C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Unity\Editor )

vorret

Mar 26, 2020
I'm a bit annoyed that the game won't let me place cards where I want, I can make straights with jokers and such but nope, I must place them at THATTTT very specific position even though there's are plenty of open spots, then, obviously, the monster will rape the fuck out of me (not that it matters I was stuck at 1hp for ages and won anyway... wut?)

The idea is nice but the fact that I can't play it how I want realllly annoys me.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Very curious; could you zip up and send me the save-folder, and I'll check it out.

The save folder should be here:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
I've attached the folder, thanks.
I'll start a new game since it was right at the start and the game seems much much promising!

Edit: maybe I can help more having just replayed it. The first time the last dialogue (the one about the blessing) happened right AFTER I beated the minotaur and after that I was stuck.

Last edited:

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
I'm a bit annoyed that the game won't let me place cards where I want,...
The idea is nice but the fact that I can't play it how I want realllly annoys me.
I think it is nice that you want to play a game how YOU want ... ;) :)

That means you care a shit about the explained rules of a game, you demand that the game functiones with YOUR own rules. Nice ... ;)

dschordsch

Oct 11, 2017
started the game today and get stuck at the first minotaur fight, happens in window AND full sreen. IS there a solution?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm a bit annoyed that the game won't let me place cards where I want, I can make straights with jokers and such but nope, I must place them at THATTTT very specific position even though there's are plenty of open spots, then, obviously, the monster will rape the fuck out of me (not that it matters I was stuck at 1hp for ages and won anyway... wut?)

You have to make a match across; I guess that's the rule that is annoying you. There's tactical reasons why (the advantages of going last/going first, and having to watch the edges for secondary moves triggering off your primary).

It's the tutorial monster, it's not supposed to stomp you (and it isn't a game that will rape the fuck out of you, or anyone else, sadly). In general it appears recent upgrades to the player's damage dealing has made the poor thing liable to get killed before the conversation is complete. I likely need to give it another 100 points of health or so, just to make sure it sticks around for the full chat.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes