ferozer111

Sep 2, 2018
How on *earth* did you manage to avoid Chloe's shower-scene on Day 1? That should be more or less impossible to avoid (it's part of the tutorial funnel, it won't ever trigger after that day). The next update will add a "unlock all rooms" cheat, I just ran that to open up your shower as well.

There you go.
Thank you very much, you made my day. i wasn't aware that there are other new locations too. I got attached too much with the game. In fact now i am searching for games similar to love of magic.

In relation to your earlier post, Yes people ignore the game because of the poker aspect as it did happen the same with me. Now i am trying many new games during the corona period thus came across LoMagic, I really love this game now, got little emotional by the end of act IV. Such a beautiful creator you are.
All the best for future updates dude. i will join as a patron.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Wow, I'm surprised to see my favorite game being reference in this. That is so cool. I didn't like Dylan at first because I thought we gonna get some cute female healer like how it usually go but instead got a black dude. But anyone who play Persona is good in my book. Just curious why P4 reference and not P5?
Started out because I wanted him to be playing in the cafe, and P5's not portable. But once I started looking at the characters, and described them in terms of nudges to my own, I noticed a bunch of parallels between LoM's characters and P4's.

Obviously both P4 and P5 were huge inspirations for Love of Magic; the use of the calendar, the idea that *time* is your primary resource, rather than money, the 'normal' world and the underground dungeon to explore, and the band of heroes coalescing around the Joker. I wish I had the graphic design skills to match Persona's cat style coolness, but then very few games do.

Reactions: NukaCola

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Ngl i always skip the poker part, i cannot focus when playing eroge hahah, anyways the renders are great so is the story :)
Totally skipping Elsewhere, you do miss out on some nice scenes. Nothing erotic, but stuff like the fireside chats, meeting Matthew, Snowdrop's tormentor, etc.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Please help, i'm stuck here
I've been hunting this bug for a while; can you zip up your *whole* savegame folder (I've added a bunch of diagnostics to the log-file, which will hopefully tell me why it thinks it shouldn't trigger that Chloe dialog for some people):

The save folder should be here:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Not going to take it out, it's too central to the story : ) The poker aspect will get improved and expanded on, as the game grows. New enemies, new ally moves, multi-stage battles, integrating the sword, that kind of stuff. But the creative pillars of the game are pretty well established now, I'm not going to kick one of them away :
I am so pleased to hear you say that and I agree it IS central to the story, I remember in the very first scene in fact, the MC explaining how he got into college in the first place.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Just had Bella show up for the beach party... had no idea who Bella was.
Maybe add a little dialog variant for Katie to introduce her if the MC did not encounter her already.
Awesome game btw
Oh, you totally missed out on meeting her initially then AND the entire scene that came along with it!
It would have been nice Iknow, to get notified that you had to be in the restaurant section a couple of days after I think beating Katie in the ring when you meet up with Bella again, she invited you to hang out with her and Kate at Kates gym and a very nice scene ensues.
Play it again I would say, I know I have a couple of times already.

Reactions: Rolo

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Oh, you totally missed out on meeting her initially then AND the entire scene that came along with it!
It would have been nice Iknow, to get notified that you had to be in the restaurant section a couple of days after I think beating Katie in the ring when you meet up with Bella again, she invited you to hang out with her and Kate at Kates gym and a very nice scene ensues.
Play it again I would say, I know I have a couple of times already.
Yeah, if you haven't met up with them the first time, you'll think to yourself "I should go drinking at the grassmarket one night", when you enter your room at night.

Then once Bella's available, she'll send you an email inviting you over for a drink at the Grassmarket in the evening.

It's also worth mentioning that there's a bunch of evening and night-time activities at the grassmarket now; drinking with Emily in the evening, and with Katie at night, as well as a bunch of stat actions, and an easter egg inspired by Monty Python.

Reactions: 7empest5teele

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Yeah, if you haven't met up with them the first time, you'll think to yourself "I should go drinking at the grassmarket one night", when you enter your room at night.

Then once Bella's available, she'll send you an email inviting you over for a drink at the Grassmarket in the evening.

It's also worth mentioning that there's a bunch of evening and night-time activities at the grassmarket now; drinking with Emily in the evening, and with Katie at night, as well as a bunch of stat actions, and an easter egg inspired by Monty Python.
A heavy British comedy troupe inspired easter egg in a heavily Scottish district, now THAT'S something worth seeing!
I asked a question a couple of days backend tried to make it spoiler-less, was the big battle at the end of 3, or was that 4, I keep thinking it was in the latest update but I am second-guessing myself a lot lately...maybe its Alzheimer setting in or something.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
A heavy British comedy troupe inspired easter egg in a heavily Scottish district, now THAT'S something worth seeing!
I asked a question a couple of days backend tried to make it spoiler-less, was the big battle at the end of 3, or was that 4, I keep thinking it was in the latest update but I am second-guessing myself a lot lately...maybe its Alzheimer setting in or something.
Big battle was end Act IV. The last one was Act IV+, which added world expansion stuff, a new date with Katie at the grassmarket, etc. Working on a second Act IV+ now (likely next week or so), then I'll settle down for Act V

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
There's a bug with poker when a bunch of jokers are in play. 4 Jokers and a king registers as 5 of a kind, even though you can cast a stronger spell with a straight flush or royal flush and they're both equally valid with that hand.

I think in official poker rules 5 of a kind technically beats a royal flush, but that isn't how this game has the hands listed.
Is the game already avaivable on Steam ? I thought it was around June 20. or so
That game Rebirth, is there more to the title of the game, since I cant seem to find it on here

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That game Rebirth, is there more to the title of the game, since I cant seem to find it on here

The intention is to clean it up for Steam once Act V is complete (so the full Book 1). Steam users tend to be less willing to tolerate games as a service than F95. Though I might be wrong there.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019

The intention is to clean it up for Steam once Act V is complete (so the full Book 1). Steam users tend to be less willing to tolerate games as a service than F95. Though I might be wrong there.
I see its scheduled to be out on June 22 but there is no link right now to play it from there, oh and the render showing Molly seemed to shrink her chest to make her more like her fellow companions lol.

Pulbiber

Feb 9, 2019
I *think* we've just traced that to a bug in Turkish Locale. I'm writing a fix now. In the meanwhile, open the cheat menu (CTRL+J), then in the Flags section enter the flag in_crowley
Thank you very much. I added in_crowley flag but nothing happened.

Last edited:

Dex Hellsing

Dec 20, 2019
it shows potential.. and apparently its one of those a bit too much ambitious project, but, im glad to see it have future :cool:

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes