sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Day is, yeah. That dialog only triggers post day 70 (Go to Olivia, after having rescued her and having completed black rose2, and on/after day 70), and she will kick it off.

Can you remember which dialog that is? Sounds like the day gate is slightly off somewhere.
Day 70 went to Olivia and got a new chat about 'a lord and saviour' discussion.
Day 71, Day spent in Elsewhere by script. Went to Starcucks at night. Nothing new, drank coffee quickly and left (I don't have a book to read).

I can't remember more than my original message. I chose Molly on the weekend and talked to her at Monday's Ceremonial Magic class. No time in-between for a frank talk with Emily.

Oh, and helping Snowdrop costs all remaining time in Elsewhere. I had 13 actions remaining when I helped her out and was kicked out the gate.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Day 70 went to Olivia and got a new chat about 'a lord and saviour' discussion.
Day 71, Day spent in Elsewhere by script. Went to Starcucks at night. Nothing new, drank coffee quickly and left (I don't have a book to read).

I can't remember more than my original message. I chose Molly on the weekend and talked to her at Monday's Ceremonial Magic class. No time in-between for a frank talk with Emily.
Droid said in past after Olivia you need to meet a preacher in grassmarket.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Droid said in past after Olivia you need to meet a preacher in grassmarket.
No one there morning, evening, or at night. Normally I'm not a completionist so I'm just going to drop hunting the scene. I saw the other scenes I was interested in and managed to push my stats into the mid-50s and take on the Demon Lord without undue risk. I'll push forward until the dragon and call it done.

Mainly I was calling out that the wiki is providing misleading advice.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
No one there morning, evening, or at night. Normally I'm not a completionist so I'm just going to drop hunting the scene. I saw the other scenes I was interested in and managed to push my stats into the mid-50s and take on the Demon Lord without undue risk. I'll push forward until the dragon and call it done.

Mainly I was calling out that the wiki is providing misleading advice.
Ah thought that scene was only available after day 70 or 72, so close to the dragon fight or even after it. Not done the after dragon part myself since waiting act 5.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Ah thought that scene was only available after day 70 or 72, so close to the dragon fight or even after it. Not done the after dragon part myself since waiting act 5.
It is day 72 or 73, prior to the dragon fight. AFAICT the game currently ends as the fight's consequences conclude.

pstear

May 21, 2020
Honestly, any fight in the main timeline cannot be lost, not unless I wanted to write a second story about how two entirely unrelated characters end up saving the world. The two fights that aren't life or death (the poor sacrificial Minotaur that Katie gets to vent her anger on, and the Golem in Elsewhere) are both avoidable; the other 4 mandatory fights (Saving Emily, Hellhound@University, Lich and Dragon) are all life or death fights... there's not really a clean solution other than "Game over, would you like to load a savegame?" if you lose. As people mentioned earlier, that tends to be a design choice people aren't happy with in 2020. There's actually one in-game, I just haven't activated it.

View attachment 700822
The Saving Emily event is more of a starting tutorial and fine . Even someone as bad as me hasn't lost to the Hellhound and it could be considered a tutorial into how to use your companions . Maybe Dylan auto healing with a warning if you go down to zero ?

I have not played the betas and the dragon is maybe a bit work in progress

What Droid just said about Katie and the Minotaur suddenly made me think that this might be better as a story event with a very angry Katie going berserk on the Minotaur rather than going into combat .

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
Honestly, any fight in the main timeline cannot be lost, not unless I wanted to write a second story about how two entirely unrelated characters end up saving the world. The two fights that aren't life or death (the poor sacrificial Minotaur that Katie gets to vent her anger on, and the Golem in Elsewhere) are both avoidable; the other 4 mandatory fights (Saving Emily, Hellhound@University, Lich and Dragon) are all life or death fights... there's not really a clean solution other than "Game over, would you like to load a savegame?" if you lose. As people mentioned earlier, that tends to be a design choice people aren't happy with in 2020. There's actually one in-game, I just haven't activated it.

View attachment 700822
These kids want respawn. I'd rather you put a disclaimer/warning about saving at the beginning of the game and be done with it.

D

Deleted member 949883

Personally I dont care too much about the lack of a game over as it is not going to add anything in the game for me. I do think the game's plot does not give me a sense of danger but as I mentioned in my previous posts that is mostly because of the way he story is written and not because of how the fights have been implemented ie - it is because of the voices how overpowered they are, how everyone is perfectly happy being manipulated by them and the characters lack of conflict with them.

I dont think adding a game over screen upon losing a fight is going to change this for me. I quite like how combat is implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brigma

Jan 25, 2018
As people mentioned earlier, that tends to be a design choice people aren't happy with in 2020.
Game over screens are a relic of a bygone era. Making games difficult and forcing you to start over was a business model from a time when game overs meant people had to put another quarter in the machine. It should have never been included in games that you pay up front to play, but was sadly still the model used till about 20 years ago.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Game over screens are a relic of a bygone era. Making games difficult and forcing you to start over was a business model from a time when game overs meant people had to put another quarter in the machine. It should have never been included in games that you pay up front to play, but was sadly still the model used till about 20 years ago.
Tell that to Dark Souls.

Most 'Game Over' screens aren't built to inflict Iron Man start-over penalties, but to follow through on the stakes offered by the challenge.

The problem is the game presents stakes it is unwilling to follow through on. If the stakes are win or (everyone) die(s) then either the player needs to prep/plan so as to not lose or accept the loss and return to the previous save. Because the dev wants both a superlative high-stakes situation with strong time pressure, planning and prepping are strongly constrained. The combat model also tends to have a large random element embedded in it that can be alleviated only somewhat through companion/equipment choice.

The situation makes a better narrative than game in that it can't support much player input and stay on the necessary rails. The situations being explored do not offer fallback, partial loss, or partial win situations as currently presented. Strategic and tactical choice is limited as well and currently that's fine as the game can't reward strong strategic/tactical play.

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
For me I do plan ahead. For instance I accumulated enough money to buy all fire gems and loaded X with them. Then I just don't do fire monsters because they are immune to fire. I do lose occasionally though especially against the prince monsters.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
For me I do plan ahead. For instance I accumulated enough money to buy all fire gems and loaded X with them. Then I just don't do fire monsters because they are immune to fire. I do lose occasionally though especially against the prince monsters.
Immunity doesn't protect the creature from the primary attack, just the secondary timed effect. Fighting fire/ice creatures became so much easier when I noticed that.

Ranek

Jun 18, 2019
hi, for starters let me tell you that i find your work top notch, its been a while since a game pulled me in like this when it comes to the story, amazing wok, now i have a slight issue, following the guide it tells me to take a bath in the afternoon, but i cannot find it, not in the bar, not in my room, i see no icon, i see no door to interact with, can you please help this man on his quest to get a cat girl to wear her cat outfit haha

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
hi, for starters let me tell you that i find your work top notch, its been a while since a game pulled me in like this when it comes to the story, amazing wok, now i have a slight issue, following the guide it tells me to take a bath in the afternoon, but i cannot find it, not in the bar, not in my room, i see no icon, i see no door to interact with, can you please help this man on his quest to get a cat girl to wear her cat outfit haha
Bathroom is night. Hope that helps.

Reactions: andre687s

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I think this was a bug that's fixed in the latest beta-build, where it was possible to skip the end of Day 1 by going back into the back alley, which is also where the bathroom opens up (and you get access to Chloe's first sex scene). Without that you miss quite a few parts (3 events with Chloe, 1 with Snowdrop). I'll PM'ed you the latest beta, which has a cheat for unlocking all rooms.

Reactions: andre687s

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
View attachment 706655

One thing I hadn't actually noticed before starting LoM is that I have a bit of a foot fetish.

Anyway, it's always fun to pose Emily, she's easy to make hot, and I honestly have more fun than 'work' really should be doing the renders for these :D
Well I will not complain about fact you are having fun while making those renders, just increases the chance we will see plenty of them and that in my book is not a bad thing. :p

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes