Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Splendid.
But i misss one thing - no eyes open for Olivia?????
if you still adding some content to B1... just 2-3 renders pls :D
Olivia will return in Book 2; I'm not writing Edinburgh out of the story, it just won't be the main hub any more.

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
Who is mc's father actually ??
&
Likes to know why developer used unity instead of renpy (asking just because of curiosity). I think Unity is eating more ram than renpy.

Last edited:

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Just restarted the game. A minor bug with Sarah's new face (linux build)

If you play the game and just talked with Katie or loading an autosave, her first line shows her new face
Screenshot from 2020-11-21 13-35-30.png
next line she's back to her pale face I remember from 0.5.7
Screenshot from 2020-11-21 13-35-56.png
If you jump to the start of conversation here and start her dialogue again, she has a pale face
Screenshot from 2020-11-21 13-36-02.png

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well except being maybe a little light on non Emily erotic content a great update, some more info on Sorcery and Horny and that it is indeed connected to the Goddess in some way, a bit more foreshadowing of Eleanora possible future role in story, nice surprise with the visit of Mom (no incest is fine, just one warning from experience with other games do not sexualize her too much, some hugs and kisses are fine as long as no weird thoughts from either and def no shower peeking or nakedness :p). Would have been nice though if MC could have taken Mom out on an innocent Mom-Son date between Emily's birthday and Year-ending for some more bonding. She was a bit very absent while we knew she was there, if you know what I mean, maybe a tour of Edinburgh and his hangouts. :)

MC seems pretty dense overall when comes to Katie especially with the hint from Bella before their date. :p Foxy is also developing slowly but nicely and looks like Sarah has been setup as the big bad baddie for book 2 with two others of which one will lead us amongst others to the Faerie court likely. Camelot also seems nice and I assume we will get to search Merlin's tower at some time. Greatest unanswered question though is if Chloe will be willing to share her work with Pug with The Chosen in the future and what she wants from the Royal cellars for that. :p

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Who is mc's father actually ??
&
Likes to know why developer used unity instead of renpy (asking just because of curiosity). I think Unity is eating more ram than renpy.
The horned god. One of the two first gods. IRL it's a wiccan god i believe.

Not sure about your second question. But the card system seems difficult to implement in renpy. Besides, droid is a dev in his day job, so he probably has experience with unity or other similar engine.

Reactions: Paapi

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Not sure about your second question. But the card system seems difficult to implement in renpy. Besides, droid is a dev in his day job, so he probably has experience with unity or other similar engine.
True and Unity offers a dev way more possibilities as renpy if dev does not want to make game a straigth up VN and the hints about a kingdom management system and implementing more factor in the Poker game hints at that. Unity is just a bigger beast and harder to control as renpy, but there are serious payoffs for a dev who can and Droid seems to have the IRL experience for that.

Challenge

Donor
Aug 1, 2018
Wicca was began in the early 20th Century (around the time of WW I) drawing from preRoman oral traditions. Cernunnos, the Horned God, and the Mother Goddess are the nature deities of Britain predating the Celtic Pantheon of the Tuatha De Danan, and Northern Europe. Depictions appear on many historic artifacts including the famed Gundestrup cauldron unearthed in Denmark.

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Very interesting Challenge.

Droid, i found a little inconsistancy: When you give the second black rose, the mc talk about having a chosen, even if the event take place before your "poopsy oopsie" with Molly and the mc never heard of chosen at that point.

Reactions: Adry Lemon

macinblack

Jan 22, 2019
Another great update, this game continues to deliver with a perfectly blended mix of sexy, funny, sweet and emotionally resonant, well structured storytelling. My only gripe is that I'm gonna have to wait a few months to start the next book and I'm gonna be climbing the walls in the meantime.

Challenge

Donor
Aug 1, 2018
Another great update, this game continues to deliver with a perfectly blended mix of sexy, funny, sweet and emotionally resonant, well structured storytelling. My only gripe is that I'm gonna have to wait a few months to start the next book and I'm gonna be climbing the walls in the meantime.
I thought so too. Then I remembered Droid said there were some changes/additions to the earlier part of the story. So I'll wait about a week and start over. I think I missed a thing or two and I want to see any changes made.

omegaX

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah.. that'd do it :)

You can just loiter around discarding until round 5, like One Punch Man letting an army of villains flail away to no effect.
thank you, that worked a treat... im now in the gym celebrating newyears where i quote ''to new beginnings and new chances. hopefully 2020 will be a better year for everyone than 2019 was ''

well i would like too fast forward 2020 please,

there are a few bugs in it :)

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
Very interesting Challenge.

Droid, i found a little inconsistancy: When you give the second black rose, the mc talk about having a chosen, even if the event take place before your "poopsy oopsie" with Molly and the mc never heard of chosen at that point.
True :p

Means you did BR2 before it was expected. But it's the same with Meeting Adrian (the Quartermaster) at the Crowley in a random event before Torman directs you to the library. So technically you don't know yet who the man is.

I'm not sure that that is fixable without putting hard locks on those events though.

macinblack

Jan 22, 2019
I thought so too. Then I remembered Droid said there were some changes/additions to the earlier part of the story. So I'll wait about a week and start over. I think I missed a thing or two and I want to see any changes made.
Looks like that gives me a perfect excuse to go back, play from the beginning and get the entire experience in a single long form run.

Reactions: Brother Lui

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
True :p

Means you did BR2 before it was expected. But it's the same with Meeting Adrian (the Quartermaster) at the Crowley in a random event before Torman directs you to the library. So technically you don't know yet who the man is.

I'm not sure that that is fixable without putting hard locks on those events though.

Yeah, locking the events should not be that hard though. Well, it would not be in renpy, i have no idea how droid coded his game.

It's not that it is a big problem, it's just that if it was my first playthrough it would have been weird. I just thought that droid should be aware if he was not already.

And damn i forgotten how much molly was a bitch at the start of the game.

pstear

May 21, 2020
Yeah, locking the events should not be that hard though. Well, it would not be in renpy, i have no idea how droid coded his game.

It's not that it is a big problem, it's just that if it was my first playthrough it would have been weird. I just thought that droid should be aware if he was not already.

And damn i forgotten how much molly was a bitch at the start of the game.
I know from previous experience that Droid is happy to hear about things like this and has a list of known issues . The quartermaster is already on it and there were a few more as well connected with the Crowley .

I always play new versions of this game from the start , so much that I've missed on previous playthroughs

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Adding guards for minimum day triggers is trivial, so that kind of continuity bugs just requires me to track down to fix.

Dealing with very high stats caused by debugging (say giving yourself 1000STR) breaking scripted combat is a bit more non trivial. Some scripted battle (like the dragon) is supposed to be unwinnable. Some, like the lich battle with Emily, is supposed to take at least 4 turns, so Emily can enter and help. I need to see how I add guards for that.

Reactions: Real Kreten
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes