fssntuff

Sep 15, 2018
Adding guards for minimum day triggers is trivial, so that kind of continuity bugs just requires me to track down to fix.

Dealing with very high stats caused by debugging (say giving yourself 1000STR) breaking scripted combat is a bit more non trivial. Some scripted battle (like the dragon) is supposed to be unwinnable. Some, like the lich battle with Emily, is supposed to take at least 4 turns, so Emily can enter and help. I need to see how I add guards for that.

Droid,

The Lich battle, I would think could be easy to fix. Lower it's damage, a shield that is really high, and goes back up regardless of pierce damage. Say a "ring" that gets cut off by Emily with a thrown knife? *yeah, a Tolkien rip off, but *shrugs**

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Strangely enough, Adrian SHOULD be guarded
1606005350357.png
(in this case; the Adrian flag is set the first time he's been added to a scene).

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid,

The Lich battle, I would think could be easy to fix. Lower it's damage, a shield that is really high, and goes back up regardless of pierce damage. Say a "ring" that gets cut off by Emily with a thrown knife? *yeah, a Tolkien rip off, but *shrugs**
Still won't fix someone that's got 1000 STR :D Even with crap gems that does 20k damage/attack. So I need to put in hard limits on some things

draxton

Dec 10, 2019
Put a clamp on the max damage value and inform the player that some sort of weird magical energy is weakening him
if (ProtectedFight){
if (Damage > maxSafeValue)
{
Damage = maxSafeValue / 2
Say("I'm being weakened because I am a cheater!")
}
}

poovey

Mar 19, 2018
I think there's a bug with the first Val introduction event. I was unable to to trigger it on Days 70+ as stated in the changelog, but I was able to trigger what I assume is the second event on Day 85. Started playthrough on 0.6.22.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I think there's a bug with the first Val introduction event. I was unable to to trigger it on Days 70+ as stated in the changelog, but I was able to trigger what I assume is the second event on Day 85. Started playthrough on 0.6.22.
yeah, it's a constant problem; she's got a high probability of showing up if you work at night, but for people who didn't work the Crowley at night they might not have encountered her until the Strangest Pub sequence.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
hi is there a way for me to fix day 50 bc im stuck at the portal and dont know what to do
Pass me a savegame, I'll have a look.

The save folder should be here:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

Reactions: Real Kreten

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah; this was what I was talking about before, where really high debug values can screw up scripted battles. In general, try to keep them <100.

Reactions: Adry Lemon
Mar 21, 2018
Droid Productions -I haven't finished the recent update yet but I think I'm close. It is very well done and I've really enjoyed it so far!

Feedback
  • Emily's Dragonslayer attack does 1000 damage. This is way overpowered compared to all the other chosen and followers. She is a power so if this doesn't bother you then it may not be a big deal. Bella used to be the heavy hitter in the group with her poison damage but she isn't worth taking when Emily can do 1000 damage per shot. The same applies to Katie (she is worthless if Emily is in the group - damage wise).
  • If Katie hasn't received her damage upgrade by now it should probably be forced
  • Great job with the new Elsewhere creatures!
  • Great Dark Alley content!
  • Awesome story, you don't disappoint!
  • Emily receives some attention with sex events but the rest are lacking. There were dozens of opportunities for sex events throughout the story and they were always squashed by pressing story events. You nailed the story but we want more sex with the other chosen along the way. I was hoping for some redhead threesomes, etc.
  • Overall, I'm very impressed with the new content! Please spend more time with adding sex events to the story.
Thank you for all of your hard work and efforts!

poovey

Mar 19, 2018
Hrm. I went back to an earlier save and have been working nights at The Crowley; still can't get the Val intro event to trigger. Tried every available night from Day 70 onwards. Even tried save scumming a bunch.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes