mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
This is almost certainly a dumb question but sometimes it is the little things, so just in case - you purchased the flawless fire and gave it to Katie in the gym?
Yup, I was following a guide, so I purchased it immediately as it was available. Everyone else seems to have upgraded normally except Katie. I have taken her and talked to her numerous times prior to and after she crossed the Power threshold. No idea...I know games bug out sometimes. I will give it another run soon, just testing out some new releases that caught my eye in the mean time.

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
Yup, I was following a guide, so I purchased it immediately as it was available. Everyone else seems to have upgraded normally except Katie. I have taken her and talked to her numerous times prior to and after she crossed the Power threshold. No idea...I know games bug out sometimes. I will give it another run soon, just testing out some new releases that caught my eye in the mean time.
I think i might have an idea ..... for Katie's 1st upgrade at the campfire you don't talk to Katie ... you talk to Dylan for the first upgrade and Katie will interrupt the conversation .... if you tried to talk to Katie it will never happen.

Reactions: Real Kreten

M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018
If I'm reading it right, this is going from FF7 meets Boobs to FF7 meets boobs and starts an affair w/ Civ5. Guess Book 2 will take a while...

Droid Productions you really thought this through? Are you ready to pile up "Dude, I don't care about poker, just gimme boobs"* with "Dude, if people where supposed to win a match of Risk before getting to the boobs there'd be no more people! Release those boobs!"?

Personally I wouldn't mind if the game ended when MC became dragon barbecue, it'd be interesting if you were going through this epic saga then Nope! You're actually the backstory of the epic saga, tho I can see how this would make a lot of people angry.

*If you're one of the people complaining, no judgment, I get it. It's really frustrating when something gets in the way of boobs.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions you really thought this through? Are you ready to pile up "Dude, I don't care about poker, just gimme boobs"* with "Dude, if people where supposed to win a match of Risk before getting to the boobs there'd be no more people! Release those boobs!"?
It will be closer to Pathfinder: Kingmaker's implementation than Risk :)

Opportunities show up; you decide it you want to invest resources and time in it, etc. It's a very much streamlined system, not risk :D

D

Deleted member 112830

should start a poll on all games as to how long till they become abandoned.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
:)

Considering the first game in the trilogy is done and out on Steam, I have some degree of confidence in my ability to finish it.

There 3 systems that need to be put in place for Book2, and they'll come in over time.
- Kingdom management UI
- Kingdom upgrading process
- Elsewhere world map

They'll all be quite bare-bones, data-wise, initially. Act VII will introduce the Elsewhere world map, and Act VII+ will add content to it. As I develop the game I'll push them forward, in the same way I added slice-of-life events to book 1, or Elsewhere encounters, etc.

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020

Considering the first game in the trilogy is done and out on Steam, I have some degree of confidence in my ability to finish it.

There 3 systems that need to be put in place for Book2, and they'll come in over time.
- Kingdom management UI
- Elsewhere world map

They'll all be quite bare-bones, data-wise, initially. Act VII will introduce the Elsewhere world map, and Act VII+ will add content to it. As I develop the game I'll push them forward, in the same way I added slice-of-life events to book 1, or Elsewhere encounters, etc.
I am glad I finally gave this game a go after it was already completed. I think getting strung along playing little chunks of this one would have killed me. I liked pretty much everything about it and no-lifed the entire thing over a couple day span. It will be painful to see the start of the second book and have to wait for content to catch up lol.

D

Deleted member 112830

- Kingdom management UI
- Elsewhere world map

oh it's a trilogy? And the first one is one steam? What the name of it I will buy that right now

Reactions: Rolo

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Sure, but what's the point?

Seems to me this would provoke a sort of vulture community mindset waiting to dance on the graves of failed-games and discouraging devs that try to engage here.

Not sure why this would come up on LoM anyway, I'm assuming it isn't actually a game-specific thought. LoM has an active/engaged developer who has posted on nearly every page of a 203 page game thread and provides regular updates.

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
Abandoned are the tombstones of games who didn't survived and it is sad, worst is making birth to a game and releasing it in the worst shape, full of bugs, bad story and crashing future and never try to fix anything because why to do anything, you sold it milked the money. Left communities to save it fix the bugs and modders to heal your ill creation. Creating is an Art and Love you must have hope, dreams and looking to the future. We have seen big companies to abandon their beliefs and bring in the light half projects, half lives but this developer isn't like that with Making Movies (completed) game and with the book 1 of Love of Magic what he passed and what has shown is that he tries for the best result. Releasing every week or 15 days new beta updates and have so many people helping him to hunt down the annoying bugs isn't an example of abandoning his dreams. He has shown determination in his own dream to bring with his love creating an art called Love of Magic. I understand people not liking a game as it depends on the taste but I can't understand those who just have ill thoughts instead of standing beside and help of a creation. So perhaps less games would be abandoned if us could stand beside and help as much we want.

D

Deleted member 112830

Abandoned are the tombstones of games who didn't survived and it is sad, worst is making birth to a game and releasing it in the worst shape, full of bugs, bad story and crashing future and never try to fix anything because why to do anything, you sold it milked the money. Left communities to save it fix the bugs and modders to heal your ill creation. Creating is an Art and Love you must have hope, dreams and looking to the future. We have seen big companies to abandon their beliefs and bring in the light half projects, half lives but this developer isn't like that with Making Movies (completed) game and with the book 1 of Love of Magic what he passed and what has shown is that he tries for the best result. Releasing every week or 15 days new beta updates and have so many people helping him to hunt down the annoying bugs isn't an example of abandoning his dreams. He has shown determination in his own dream to bring with his love creating an art called Love of Magic. I understand people not liking a game as it depends on the taste but I can't understand those who just have ill thoughts instead of standing beside and help of a creation. So perhaps less games would be abandoned if us could stand beside and help as much we want.
Yeah, I understand and appreciate the hard work they do. All the abandoned games ( all the games I like) make it hard for me to decide whether or not I should support them on Patreon and other sites like it.

Landrassa

Sep 8, 2017
I have done everything listed in those instructions but she still has Fireball 1 and Fireball 9. I already finished the run I was doing, so I will try again on another run through. If I talked to her with Emily and Dylan in the party at the rest spot I only got the normal option to talk to her. Dylan upgraded to Heal 2 and Regen.
I did another run through the game over the past few days, and the upgrades worked as normal, although I did change the moment when the second upgrade becomes available from day 90 to day 99 on the wikia, since Emily is unavailable as a party member up until that point.

As for the first upgrade(from fireball1 to fireball2), note that this only unlocks on day 50 or later. You can bring both of them to Elsewhere earlier than that but the conversation will not be available.

braendt

Jul 5, 2018
ok, I'm stuck. went straight from the public release in november (0.6.22?) to the latest (1.0.7b) and all I get when trying to load any of my last 3 saves is the book 1 complete stuff and back to the main screen after the video.

how the heck do I get to continue the game? the title screen does accurately reflect the new version number so I'm really not sure where to go from here beyond starting over, which isn't really interesting to me at the moment as much as I enjoyed the game so far the first time around. :)

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes