Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
1610178483690.png
Okay, I'm confused on how poker works. I'm assuming 3 10's and 2 4's would give me a full house, but apparently the game doesn't even consider it a '1 pair'. Nor does a 10 7 8 J 9 count as a straight. The hint recommends putting a 10 and a 9 in the corners for a simple 1 pair. If it's because the gem is junk 2 still, then I have the Power...4(?) you get from Katie in the 'Straight' row. Any tips?

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
View attachment 977825
Okay, I'm confused on how poker works. I'm assuming 3 10's and 2 4's would give me a full house, but apparently the game doesn't even consider it a '1 pair'. Nor does a 10 7 8 J 9 count as a straight. The hint recommends putting a 10 and a 9 in the corners for a simple 1 pair. If it's because the gem is junk 2 still, then I have the Power...4(?) you get from Katie in the 'Straight' row. Any tips?
you have to use the cards in the middle for your combination. right now, I would discard your hand

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
You can only place cards trans the middle of the table, but if you finish the outer rows during your move, they'll “fire” too. Therefore, in such a situation, it is best to discard.
Wow, okay, so apparently I don't remember a damn thing about how this works. So why would you want to discard in that situation? Why wouldn't you want to get two or three hands in a single turn?

Reactions: Droid Productions

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Wow, okay, so apparently I don't remember a damn thing about how this works. So why would you want to discard in that situation? Why wouldn't you want to get two or three hands in a single turn?
because right now that draugr will get the next turn when they can trigger 1-5 attacks. you can attack if you have lightning on a pair or 3 of a kind and can stun him though

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
When you place a pair of cards, you are left with 4 outer rows of 4 cards. The opponent completes not only the row through the middle, but also all 4 rows on the edge.

If you discard, the opponent fills the outer rows to 4 and you then complete them all. So it's about who's going to have a combo at the end of the table.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
When you place a pair of cards, you are left with 4 outer rows of 4 cards. The opponent completes not only the row through the middle, but also all 4 rows on the edge.

If you discard, the opponent fills the outer rows to 4 and you then complete them all. So it's about who's going to have a combo at the end of the table.
because right now that draugr will get the next turn when they can trigger 1-5 attacks. you can attack if you have lightning on a pair or 3 of a kind and can stun him though
Ahh, I see. Thanks folks, 'preciate it!

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
sympathic reactions
I, uhh... what?
Probably just a typo of sympathetic reactions(responses), referring to things that happen automatically/involuntarily in response to some stimulus, like playing cards across the center that automatically match on the sides, or kicking when you get your knee whacked with a hammer :)

pstear

May 21, 2020
View attachment 977825
There is a play to make if you are feeling lucky

Bottom left and top right using the three of hearts and four of spades .

The draugr does not have a hand to play on top left and bottom right unless he draws cards to do it . Allows you to follow with top left ten of spades and bottom right nine of spades . If your lucky ..... :unsure:

sasxmjcn

Dec 8, 2020
from what I have played you always gotta play the middle 6 cards.

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
There is a play to make if you are feeling lucky

Bottom left and top right using the three of hearts and four of spades .

The draugr does not have a hand to play on top left and bottom right unless he draws cards to do it . Allows you to follow with top left ten of spades and bottom right nine of spades . If your lucky ..... :unsure:
Nice thought. Could work out much better than discarding if you are a bit lucky, but could could work out much worse if you aren't. Still, with the end of the board coming up i would opt for discard I think.

pstear

May 21, 2020
Nice thought. Could work out much better than discarding if you are a bit lucky, but could could work out much worse if you aren't. Still, with the end of the board coming up i would opt for discard I think.
The draugr would need to draw an eight , nine , king or joker , so in this example the odds are actually in your favour

The poker game has a lot of hidden depth , I find it complicated to work out the best moves sometimes . I've turned the auto advice off to give myself more time to think

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
View attachment 977716

I made this t-shirt for Emily, and since then it's been a recurring theme that people wish they could get one for their girlfriend/wife.

For some fun I put together an online store and made some T-shirt designs. I doubt it'll suddenly become the next huge thing, but it was a fun Saturday morning task:

Anyone bought it ?? Quality is good ??

Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
I tend not to like a lot of the shirts with designs. Don't get me wrong, I love shirts with designs, but I always find it annoying that the logo or design or whatever always peels/breaks apart eventually. I prefer shirts where the design is woven into the fabric, but from my understanding, those cost more to make. That's probably why one of my favorite shirts is in that style. It is a shirt with some kind of mermaid on it. Unfortunately, it's kinda hard to see because the creators chose poor matching colors. The shirt was a darker shade of green and the mermaid design was a mixture of dark blue and black. You almost couldn't see the design on the shirt from far away and would likely think it was just a plain green shirt. Even up close, it would take your brain a few seconds to process what the design is. But even after all these years, the design hasn't broken down one bit.

Reactions: Paapi

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I tend not to like a lot of the shirts with designs. Don't get me wrong, I love shirts with designs, but I always find it annoying that the logo or design or whatever always peels/breaks apart eventually. I prefer shirts where the design is woven into the fabric, but from my understanding, those cost more to make. That's probably why one of my favorite shirts is in that style. It is a shirt with some kind of mermaid on it. Unfortunately, it's kinda hard to see because the creators chose poor matching colors. The shirt was a darker shade of green and the mermaid design was a mixture of dark blue and black. You almost couldn't see the design on the shirt from far away and would likely think it was just a plain green shirt. Even up close, it would take your brain a few seconds to process what the design is. But even after all these years, the design hasn't broken down one bit.
I was actually surprised at how cheap embroidery is these days. For the polo shirt I set it up to use embroidery, and it's actually one of the cheapest designs. Technological evolution, I guess.

I was also surprised how expensive the damned things are :D
Running the store is a 29 USD/month affair, so I added a $3/shirt profit margin. If 10 people buy a shirt, that pays for the store for a month... and anyone who wants to will be able to buy a shirt :)

I may look at a solution that doesn't have a monthly subscription, since the goal isn't making money on merch, just have it for people who is interested. If anyone's got any recommendations, let me know!

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes