JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
ok, I'm stuck. went straight from the public release in november (0.6.22?) to the latest (1.0.7b) and all I get when trying to load any of my last 3 saves is the book 1 complete stuff and back to the main screen after the video.

how the heck do I get to continue the game? the title screen does accurately reflect the new version number so I'm really not sure where to go from here beyond starting over, which isn't really interesting to me at the moment as much as I enjoyed the game so far the first time around. :)
If you are at the fireworks and Mexico City cut-scene, that's the end of Book 1, so that would be expected.

If you want to play with the Book 2 beta, that's available on steam if you turn on the beta branch (Note - only 1.5 days of content currently in Book 2)

If you aren't that far, then something's wrong. Does 'Load from day' or 'Last Autosave' work? Wander over to the discord and tell folks there and they'll figure it out.

Last edited:

pstear

May 21, 2020
Droid's a safe bet if you want to back anyone :)
When I first saw this game I could see it was the work of someone very talented , the poker game is a masterpiece .

Droid works in the games industry professionally and out of necessity has been trying to produce a commercial product .

I think its time for them to go out and fly on their own and I wish them every success

( With maybe a bit of help from people here who just happen to be passing by (y) )

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
ok, I'm stuck. went straight from the public release in november (0.6.22?) to the latest (1.0.7b) and all I get when trying to load any of my last 3 saves is the book 1 complete stuff and back to the main screen after the video.

how the heck do I get to continue the game? the title screen does accurately reflect the new version number so I'm really not sure where to go from here beyond starting over, which isn't really interesting to me at the moment as much as I enjoyed the game so far the first time around. :)
That's weird. What day were you on before? If you go to Load/Save, load from Day it autosaves each morning, so you can retrace your steps.

If that fails, zip up and DM me the save folder and I'll have a look.

PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

Reactions: Real Kreten

Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
I just started playing this game since its first arc has completed. I got to the airplane ride, and the main character mentions something like "Good thing I loaded up a bunch of games from F95Zone." Does that line change if you download the game from itch.io or some other location? Or other 4th-wall-style humor?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I just started playing this game since its first arc has completed. I got to the airplane ride, and the main character mentions something like "Good thing I loaded up a bunch of games from F95Zone." Does that line change if you download the game from itch.io or some other location? Or other 4th-wall-style humor?
I was going to change the line for steam (you're not really supposed to link or mention other sites); the itch.io build is functionally identical to this one, so I've got no easy way of knowing which one you're playing.

The game started it's life as a hobby game developed on F95zone, so I figured I should give it a shout-out.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
50 of this game is already developed ??
Book1 is complete. Unless it actually sets someone's PC on fire I'm not doing another build for it, and even then I'm only doing another build if I can reproduce the fire :)

Book 2 & Book 3 are their own game (kinda like Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3, but hopefully without the really disappointing ending). They're each about the same size as book 1.

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
Book1 is complete. Unless it actually sets someone's PC on fire I'm not doing another build for it, and even then I'm only doing another build if I can reproduce the fire :)

Book 2 & Book 3 are their own game (kinda like Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3, but hopefully without the really disappointing ending). They're each about the same size as book 1.
No rush. I just asked for general purpose

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
product_preview.png

I made this t-shirt for Emily, and since then it's been a recurring theme that people wish they could get one for their girlfriend/wife.

For some fun I put together an online store and made some T-shirt designs. I doubt it'll suddenly become the next huge thing, but it was a fun Saturday morning task:

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes