crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
What is the idea behind the card game. I'm fighting against golen that has heath points 3500 vs mine 300. It takes whole day to beat him as I do about 1-40 damage. (Playing 1 book.) I looks like it's game over for me:(
  1. Use companions. Even unupgraded Katie is extra 30 damage per turn, and she's available from the beginning. Although if you encounter golems you're probably somewhere around Act 4 at least and should have even better options
  2. Check what gems you have. 40 max with 20STR is around initial junk level and you should've thrown it away on Day 3
  3. Check that you don't use gems that enemies are invincible to. Fire, Ice and Poison don't work against golems because they're just moving heaps of metal. Lightning+some damage gems should be good against them. Rage+Cluster is good against anything

HadazzH

Feb 12, 2019
you went too early! you should develop your character and get him some nice gems and stats!
Ok. My current stats are:
Level 9
strenght 42
Int 34
Charisma 43
Swordmanship 29

Increasing stats seems to have has zero effect to fight ability. I have spent all my money to buy books, gifts and at night spent time in a bar to get 1 int/str/chr point so no money to buy gems. Is there other means to make money than 35 in a bar and 50 from mom? I'm fighting against golem.

• Angry
Reactions: Adry Lemon

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Level 9
strenght 42
Int 34
Charisma 43
Swordmanship 29

Increasing stats seems to have has zero effect to fight ability. I have spent all my money to buy books, gifts and at night spent time in a bar to get 1 int/str/chr point so no money to buy gems. Is there other means to make money than 35 in a bar and 50 from mom? I'm fighting against golem.
you sure you don't have any gems from previous fights? if you don't, just remove whatever you have and it should do 35-55 damage. for money, you can sell ingredients that you find in Elsewhere to Chloe, and there's a night shift that gives you 75-100£ once you sell her enough special ingredients, but it looks like you entirely skipped Elsewhere for the first half of the game, so it might be difficult. For now, I'd just take Bella, Akane and Kitsune and just spend some time in Elsewhere looking for ingredients to sell until you can afford at least some lvl 4 gems (which is, like, 100-250£ from Quartermaster, or sell 5 ingredients to Chloe)

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Level 9
strenght 42
Int 34
Charisma 43
Swordmanship 29

you forgot the most important stat by wich you should divide everything you stated! in which day are you in? by day 11 i am all set to start question but even then i do savescum and go mostly for the shrines and treasure to get the 800 damage diamond!

also in the gym with Kathie challange her for a spar session it gives +1 on the 3 main stats and then do not fuck her! that is an easy +1 daily to all stats, hit the gym afterwards in the morning and afternoon until you get Bella to start doing the elsewhere runs! try and get the black rose as fast as possible so you can read during the night at the coffee

you can also buy books and buy as many as you can they are more time efficient, always stay bellow 200 dollars so in the late night you can facial your mother and get 50 bucks everyday! keep your ingredients and sell special ingredients for when you require money! the night out is for when you run out of books to read during the nights!

so your schedule should be wake up leave by the window and challenge Kathie 1st! 2nd do elsewhere or hit the gym/study in the library with Olivia depending on your stats and do the night time reading in the coffee place, return home facial mom for money or try to take a shower and get 1 charisma!

use savescum or hit the return back button to the initial dialogue as i do to get the +1 to stats!

hitting the bags wastes 2 daily times, olivia studying wastes 3 for every +1 so those are like default settings for when you have nothing better to do! nights out at the bars robs you of your mothers 50 dollars coverage so saving the gems and the ingredients is the best way to save up money and still facial your own mother

facial is the app you can use to talk to your mother, get your head out of the gutter!

also when questing in elsewhere use 2 saves to scroll down the path and savescum for only the best targets treasures shrines and resting times which are so important!

on Book2 always do the elsewhere campaign 1st since you can get +1 charisma with molly +1 strength with Bella +1 swordsmanship with Emily! the 1st rest is always for Bella and her +5 movements! this is important because half of the days you get sidetracked by Emily or some idiot and when you try and do them its already evening!

time is your most valuable resource everything else you can use tricks and savescum to get but how you manage your time is what defines how strong you will be! i tried doing a peaceful development in book 1 but after what i saw in book 2 its a waste of time since you can theoretically get +11 strength on a elsewhere quest in the morning (i use it for swordsmanship)

when you waste time killing monsters that will not upgrade you, when you waste time getting +1 something that is inefecient or when you waste time for money, you are doing it wrong the world needs you and you will fail the world! with that being said

stop wasting my time

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
There is a Google Docs walkthrough linked on page1 which will basically tell you what everyone in here is saying to you. Next to that there is a complete wiki with hints/tips/advice/walkthroughs .... so yeah there's enough to learn the basics and it's not like they are hard.

Save the ingredient's untill you have 50 of them and then trade Chloë this will give you a damage9 gem that you cannot get otherwise.

HadazzH

Feb 12, 2019
you forgot the most important stat by wich you should divide everything you stated! in which day are you in? by day 11 i am all set to start question but even then i do savescum and go mostly for the shrines and treasure to get the 800 damage diamond!

also in the gym with Kathie challange her for a spar session it gives +1 on the 3 main stats and then do not fuck her! that is an easy +1 daily to all stats, hit the gym afterwards in the morning and afternoon until you get Bella to start doing the elsewhere runs! try and get the black rose as fast as possible so you can read during the night at the coffee

you can also buy books and buy as many as you can they are more time efficient, always stay bellow 200 dollars so in the late night you can facial your mother and get 50 bucks everyday! keep your ingredients and sell special ingredients for when you require money! the night out is for when you run out of books to read during the nights!

so your schedule should be wake up leave by the window and challenge Kathie 1st! 2nd do elsewhere or hit the gym/study in the library with Olivia depending on your stats and do the night time reading in the coffee place, return home facial mom for money or try to take a shower and get 1 charisma!

use savescum or hit the return back button to the initial dialogue as i do to get the +1 to stats!

hitting the bags wastes 2 daily times, olivia studying wastes 3 for every +1 so those are like default settings for when you have nothing better to do! nights out at the bars robs you of your mothers 50 dollars coverage so saving the gems and the ingredients is the best way to save up money and still facial your own mother

facial is the app you can use to talk to your mother, get your head out of the gutter!

also when questing in elsewhere use 2 saves to scroll down the path and savescum for only the best targets treasures shrines and resting times which are so important!

on Book2 always do the elsewhere campaign 1st since you can get +1 charisma with molly +1 strength with Bella +1 swordsmanship with Emily! the 1st rest is always for Bella and her +5 movements! this is important because half of the days you get sidetracked by Emily or some idiot and when you try and do them its already evening!

time is your most valuable resource everything else you can use tricks and savescum to get but how you manage your time is what defines how strong you will be! i tried doing a peaceful development in book 1 but after what i saw in book 2 its a waste of time since you can theoretically get +11 strength on a elsewhere quest in the morning (i use it for swordsmanship)

when you waste time killing monsters that will not upgrade you, when you waste time getting +1 something that is inefecient or when you waste time for money, you are doing it wrong the world needs you and you will fail the world! with that being said

stop wasting my time
Thank's a lot. Really appreciate your help. Looks like I must start again as I'm too far to repair my mistakes (golem fight in the ruins with wife and blond) which kind of suck's even that I think this game rocks but you live and learn.

Koneko Toujou

Apr 30, 2019
They're basically two games, Book 1 is day 1-115, Book 2 starts on day 116, and proceeds from there. You can load the savegame from Book 1 into Book 2, so you can continue from where you left of.

Two reasons for that; first of all the build was getting too big (especially for mobile). Secondly, there's a lot of new gameplay system... any time I add big new systems like that (for example the new map, or the character selection system), there's a chance I break something else somewhere. Having two games means I don't accidentally break Day 14 while building a new system that's used on day 134.
alright sounds good to me

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Thank's a lot. Really appreciate your help. Looks like I must start again as I'm too far to repair my mistakes (golem fight in the ruins with wife and blond) which kind of suck's even that I think this game rocks but you live and learn.
ah, Mitburgh. just use Emily's Dragonslayer ability. although restarting wouldn't hurt

Emily after Act 4 is easy mode for story fights. I thought it was some random Elsewhere fight

Reactions: HadazzH

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
I'd advise you to run Elsewhere enough to reach level 50'ish, that should set you up for basically everything.

Not saying this is THE way to do it, but it has worked for me sofar. Try get the biggest gem you can in each socket.

1617463699299.png

I'm mainly using the Rage/Cluster though, the others are used occasionally. Ah .. if you can get your sword skill to 30 it will help a lot in book2.

tush002

Oct 21, 2018
What's the specific issue you're facing? Is the icon too small to tap? Can you see the icon?

Paste a screen-shot, let's see if I can work out what's going on.
I can't click on the icon no matter how many times i tried . Mc just start moving back and forth on the map.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
HadazzH
When fellow members advise you, how to improve your combat skill, you can also decrease difficulty of game in settings.
You can go first run with casual difficulty and later try something harder.

Reactions: HadazzH

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
What is the idea behind the card game. I'm fighting against golen that has heath points 3500 vs mine 300. It takes whole day to beat him as I do about 1-40 damage. (Playing 1 book.) I looks like it's game over for me:(
It's because I'm giving you Emily for that fight (Midburgh). Her Dragonslayer does 1,000 points per attack.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Level 9
strenght 42
Int 34
Charisma 43
Swordmanship 29

Elsewhere's the easiest way to make cash / raise stats; having said that you can just use Ctrl+J, then bounce your cash up to 10000 if you'd rather not spend time in Elsewhere.

ESM13

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2016
I can't help but notice that the game developer himself reply to people so how much often do you update the game like does it take you a lot of time per act because I am telling you I am addicted to the game now I have dreams about the fight that is coming and the God powers I have in the game... Yeah I know it is lame but it is a guilty pleasure so will I take you long for updates that I will lose interest... And please don't do a shitty ending man I know it sound cool to you to kill someone important but it is really not it is sad you would think it is just characters for a game but it is not

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I can't help but notice that the game developer himself reply to people so how much often do you update the game like does it take you a lot of time per act because I am telling you I am addicted to the game now I have dreams about the fight that is coming and the God powers I have in the game...
Easiest is to head over to Discord; the game build updates every 1-3 days. A little longer right now, I always need some time to decompress a couple of days after a release, faster in the final sprint to complete, where there's usually 1-2 builds/day). An Act+ (like the VII+ I'm working on now) usually takes ~3-4 weeks. A new act (like Act VIII, coming up next) usually closer to 2.

Easiest way to test is using Steam's Beta Branch, which auto-updates as I build the content out.

And please don't do a shitty ending man I know it sound cool to you to kill someone important but it is really not it is sad you would think it is just characters for a game but it is not
It's a war. People *will* die. All I can promise is that there won't be any cheap and crap deaths, if someone's going, they'll be paving their path to valhalla with the corpses of their enemies.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes