faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
once you get emily with dragonslayer, put 3 cluster gems in the pair/2 pair/ 3 of a kind, the rest all rage. run molly, bella, emily as much as possible. if necessary you can sub in katie or dylan. please use ALL the rank 9 "flawless" gems you have, placing flawless rage in the straight flush role as that seems to come up more. Running on ultra: rd 1 molly for 3 jokers. use auto, you are 90% to get a 4 of a kind for rage 8, use emily shield (unless enemy has 1k or less hp/shields then dragonslayer) rd. 2 auto for, most likely, more rage. rd. 3 molly debuff has worn off, try for 3 of a kind or at least a cluster (pair/ 2 pair/ 3 of a kind) if you don't win then, make sure you discard before last draw so YOU get last draw instead of moster. by this time molly will have recharged. Use her for 3 jokers, put 3 jokers in end rotation, you will slaughter the enemy. takes about 3 minutes to kill a 6k daemon. You will take minimal if any health loss which you will regen at campfire when you use bella ability. Once you get 2 book 2 and barrier it just gets easy. Only first strike hurts you and that means you only have to weather the first hit.

Rory Smith

May 24, 2021
I hope upcoming update (Android version) is properly optimised. Android version tends to have some problems...

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It would probably have been more mainstream, at least :)

I quite like the poker mechanic, and I enjoyed putting together the combat system. I worry that it's really easy to lock yourself into a combat style, and freeze innovation as a result (JRPGs are famous for this). Something like FFT would have been fun to write, or a slightly more modern style (like what they ).

I'm also a big fan of deckbuilders (a small part of which went into LoM's gem system), and I could totally see a game with a combat mechanic similar to being an awesome combat system.

But in the end this is the combat system I settled on, and it's not changing for Love of Magic itself. Maybe once I'm done I'll do another game :)

anon1012

May 25, 2018
It would probably have been more mainstream, at least :)

I quite like the poker mechanic, and I enjoyed putting together the combat system. I worry that it's really easy to lock yourself into a combat style, and freeze innovation as a result (JRPGs are famous for this). Something like FFT would have been fun to write, or a slightly more modern style (like what they ).

I'm also a big fan of deckbuilders (a small part of which went into LoM's gem system), and I could totally see a game with a combat mechanic similar to being an awesome combat system.

But in the end this is the combat system I settled on, and it's not changing for Love of Magic itself. Maybe once I'm done I'll do another game :)
+1 for a game with Shadowrun Combat system. Really just because I love the shadowrun Pen and Paper and would love your new story to be cyberpunk influenced :p

Reactions: Cthulhu4Prez2020

Vedis Piece

Dec 13, 2018
I seem to have lost my save from when I played an earlier version of this game. Is there any way for me to recover my old save or will I have to start over from the beginning? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
That is rather difficult to answer without more information, but one assumes you'll have to start over. Not that that would be a horrible fate.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I seem to have lost my save from when I played an earlier version of this game. Is there any way for me to recover my old save or will I have to start over from the beginning? Any help is appreciated, thanks!
If you're on steam, it's in the steam-cloud, and will auto-restore.

If you're on desktop it's stored in the user settings:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

If you're talking about starting book 2 having lost book 1's save, there's a "default starting kit", though I do think I need to tune it a bit. It's a balance between making it a good enough starting point, and not making it a lot better than what the average player has from a previous run.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

Okay, I'm done with day 151, and the build counter has ticked over from 0.1.44 to 0.2.2. With that I've just got day 144, and some bug-fixes and typos, before the next release. Hopefully by this friday.
Molly cutscene where she pulls power/magic from the MC for a mission?
Will be looking forward to it (so far, LOM's cutscenes were really well done, whether it's the sex scenes or action scenes).

Wow, glad to find out that the next update is coming soon! :love:(y)

Last edited:

Vedis Piece

Dec 13, 2018
If you're on steam, it's in the steam-cloud, and will auto-restore.

If you're on desktop it's stored in the user settings:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

If you're talking about starting book 2 having lost book 1's save, there's a "default starting kit", though I do think I need to tune it a bit. It's a balance between making it a good enough starting point, and not making it a lot better than what the average player has from a previous run.
I was able to get the folder but after I put the folder within the package contents of the game I saw no change so does that mean that I no longer have a save archived? Sorry, I am not very knowledgable with this, and thank you for your quick response!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I was able to get the folder but after I put the folder within the package contents of the game I saw no change so does that mean that I no longer have a save archived? Sorry, I am not very knowledgable with this, and thank you for your quick response!
You don't need to copy any savefiles anywhere; the game will automatically use the Userdata save location. In general, the idea that you copy savegame folders to the game location is a weird one; pretty much every publisher I've worked with over the years wants it in user settings. That prevents the game needing Admin Privileges if the user installs it to c:\program files or other protected folders.

If you're talking about loading savegames from Book 1 into Book 2, you shouldn't. Instead, just Start the game, and say that you have a Book 1 complete savegame (it's called act6.sav). The game will load that save, and continue seamlessly onto book 2, starting day 116.

paradroid

Sep 19, 2020

Okay, I'm done with day 151, and the build counter has ticked over from 0.1.44 to 0.2.2. With that I've just got day 144, and some bug-fixes and typos, before the next release. Hopefully by this friday.
You devs are like buses, we wait forever then 3 come at once, in my case it's releases for My New Family, Harem Hotel and now this in the next few of days!
I'm going to be a busy boy!

Andrr Dobe

Feb 1, 2018
Hey droid production since your including norse mythology and loki is there does that Fenris could show up since he is apart of loki family. Cuz in some mythology he is also a werewolf or could talk is he wonder if he would go after the main for bella.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hey droid production since your including norse mythology and loki is there does that Fenris could show up since he is apart of loki family. Cuz in some mythology he is also a werewolf or could talk is he wonder if he would go after the main for bella.
Interesting question, actually. I hadn't done that connection, but I'm aware that he shows up as a werewolf in some stories.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
If you give droid ideas, droid will do terrible things with them. Like spend time.
Didn't actually know he was sometimes more than just a wolf, but really, if he talks, that's about good enough for most people. ^^

Rory Smith

May 24, 2021
Yet to download available Latest version as of now. New Content from it, gonna present in next update ???

anon1012

May 25, 2018
Yet to download available Latest version as of now. New Content from it, gonna present in next update ???
Not 100% sure if I understand you correctly but if you are asking if the content from Book 2: v0.1.19d will be available in the next version as well then yes.

Since the new patch is coming out in the next few days (Droid hinted at Friday I think) it might be worth to just wait for that release :)

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes